Visions of Vetrovia Guide for Beginners (or Returning Players)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cloaks should be available in Tishan's Lockbox. I consider them just another piece of gear.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can only have 10 charged missions at a time (but up to 10 charges of a given mission). Look at the loot tables for each of the missions, and how long each mission takes. All I really want from the charged missions are the training potions, and maybe Lesser/Superior/Greater Fragments of Planar Energy (used for Epic 2.0 spells if you have alts that need them). There's not a thing in either Season 1 or Season 2 other than that I will use.

Well, the reset bauble that resets your zone timers... I use those occasionally. But I can get those from the current season when I use the one I have.

If I go for the shorter duration missions, I can squeeze in more of them, is really all.
    Xillean likes this.
  3. Hidufu New Member

I am returning after a couple years off. I used to use DrumsUI, but that is defunct. What is the best UI for ranger?
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

You mention destroying the turquoise adorns but not picking up the ones from Pas Yu to replace them; presuming that is a given to get the Hua Jubilee ones as replacements.

Also, with the green neck/finger adorn that is on the Tishan's gear, there is a second one available from Pas Yu (Heartwave). It has slightly different blue stats and an increase in stamina. The main thing I am wondering about is the fervor vs crit bonus overcap. Any recommendation as to which, or should we look at those last and use the crit bonus if our fervor overcap is at max?

Nice write up! I have mostly just been using the Tishan's box stuff for the sig line and solos with no problems, so it will be interesting to swap out the adorns and see how it changes things.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  5. Darkzero Member

Hello,
    @ to developer: I do not understand your choices, strategy for this new expansion.
    I am a former player I quit in 2010 and resumed in December 2021.
    your concept of shadow etheral token is very unfair because it restricts the dps ... and prevents to play in group heroic 1 and 2. I can understand that you reserve the heroic 2 for old players of previous expansions (even if new expansion = we start from zero)

In MMORPG : playing in a group is basic.
    when Sony was in charge it didn't turn out like that and it's sad that you don't take care of the new and old players who want to come back.
    Why not make an etheral coin shadow pack in the market place to catch up? or just remove this stupidity and just be smart? the Pantheon mmo is coming ... pamper your players!

to continue in the inconsistencies:
    -the drop rate of adept books is too low, we are all full experts before ... stupid
    -the recipes ... similar we can do mastercrated when it will be useless ... since we will be full stuff before
    - the currency! not to create a new metal above the decks? so simple ... rather to speak in billions and millions!

please make extensions intelligently.

good year !
    Aethos likes this.
  6. kaelie New Member

Nice write up!

Thanks so much as this information really helps me to know what to do in order to catch up a bit and what I should be working on!
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might try DarqUI. Lots of people REALLY like it.
    Toven, Aethos, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is the complete wrong place for your post. But since you mentioned the Summer 2021 Ethereals being continued in VoV, and I think that's useful for new and returning players, I'm going to address it.

Catching Up on Summer 2021 Ethereals
    Until this year, if you missed getting the Summer Ethereals, you were SOL when the new expansion came out. This year, because there is such a big boost to many things, the developers graciously decided to allow new and returning players to earn the Ethereal Tracker "coinage" so they could catch up and get those Summer Ethereals.

All you have to do to earn Ethereal Trackers is to run weekly missions, including the Solo Weekly, which anyone who can get through the VoV sig line will be able to manage. (For those new to the Ethereals, you can also get the Ethereal Trackers doing weekly Heroic I and Heroic II missions, but for our purposes here, the solo weeklies are the most accessible).

I was out due to illness this summer for five long weeks, meaning I was waaayyy behind on Ethereal Trackers. I caught up before VoV launched simply by getting all my baby alts up to level 120, equipping them from the RoS Tishan's Lockbox, and running them through the Solo weeklies. You can do the exact same thing in VoV to shorten the amount of time it takes to get caught up, since the Ethereal Trackers are account-wide.

It's literally possible to grind a brand new alt to end game in a fairly short amount of time by doing the Agnostic Dungeons (levels 10-95), then refer to the wiki's Solo Timelines guide and do quest lines in Vesspyr Isles and up until you're high enough level to move on to a higher level zone, then do quests there, etc. until you're 120. This is what I did, so I know it can be done. Once that alt is 120, go to the OP here and gear them, then run them through the weekly solo adventure mission every week. The more alts you can do this with, the faster you will catch up on the Summer Ethereals.

The Ethereal Merchant is Kelaci Vol'Luissa, who you will find on a cliffside in Savage Weald (Reign of Shadows) at (16.07, 110.05, -719.27).

The game has never allowed you to just buy Ethereal coinage. Unless, of course, you went to a Free Trade server such as Isle of Refuge, bought the coins there, waited 30 days then paid for a Server Transfer, and brought the coins back to your regular server. Sorry, there's no instant gratification on this. It is not impossible or even very hard to catch up on the Ethereal Trackers.

Again, this thread is NOT the place for these complaints. Right now you can get player crafters to make all your Expert Spells for you, as I discussed in the OP. There is simply no point in trying to go to Adept books, just get out there and harvest and have new Expert spells made. This is not hard.

And after the patch next Tuesday, January 11, you will be able to select exactly which tradeskill books you want upon completion of the weekly tradeskill mission.
    Aethos, Tinotino, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

He doesn't offer these quests for me, but he does offer other season 1 quests. Any idea why that might be?
    I wanna start farming these too.

Edit: Actually, he does offer Liberate Lady Laravale, but the rest are all missing. And given that I've gone through both seasons 1 and 2, it seems like this guy should have more charged quests...odd. He has about thirty.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm not positive, but it may have to do with what Overseer Missions you have received as loot from overseers, adventure drops, etc.
    Xillean and Aethos like this.
  11. Aethos Well-Known Member

Yup! You were right. Got a mission as a reward and it said this when claiming it.
    [IMG]
    Sigrdrifa and Xillean like this.
  12. Darkzero Member

you can also talk about the heritage overseer quest to boost mounts, familiar, spell... important when you come back, and also about the familiar wild daily quest which allows you to have a familiar as a reward and therefore to sacrifice them to mount the familiar sound levels. and of course from the heart of luclin... I'm back in the game after 10 years of absence so as much as my research helps others
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Exactly! Grab the Hua Mein Jubilee turquoise adorns.

In general, Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency. In VoV, you need a bunch of Potency, so go for as much POT as you can until you hit 500K-600+K POT, then worry about other stats.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  14. Anunnaki Active Member

It would be great if they moved the Ethereal Merchant into a VoV zone though. I don't feel like going back to do part of an old sig line just to get access to the zone its currently in.
    Aethos likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm pretty sure you can get there overland, no sig line needed. Or you can ask in General Chat if anyone is in the area and will group with you to allow you to use Call of the Veteran to get to them.
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

If you've never done the sig quest for RoS, you don't have access to the zone - As long as you've done it on at least one character you can CoV there, though.
  17. Anunnaki Active Member

Just seems kind of silly to move the coins over to the new content, but not the merchant, no?
    Pixistik likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not a bad suggestion, and I'd recommend busting it out to its own thread with the [SUGGESTION] tag. Can't hurt! Also, use /feedback in-game to suggest it.
  19. Avarice Member

Recently discovered if you mouseover the "595 combat skills" on the adornment, or even on your adorned gear, it shows a little popup list of all the skills included. Pretty neat! And great guides. Thanks for all the effort.
    Aethos and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Visko New Member

Is there a reason why i don't see the merchant? I just went there first time and she isn't there. Thanks.