Veteran Rewards for All! Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ixliam Guest

When will this be patched in ? My account for EQ2 goes back to 2005 when I started playing, but the rewards for that long don't show up yet.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    You can't buy loot rights... this is pretty major for some players. Also, masters and collectables are things that are good to have plat for. Some people see the accumulation of plat as a major reason to play the game. I know my mother playes and doesn't really do much other than craft and sell her wares and she's got like 10 times plat more than I have.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

Atsushi wrote:
    Its not account age of eq1, but eq2.
    Same for me, this account, like 12 years old, but my EQ acct age is 8 (some time was added in early releases to time played for purchasing expansions)
  4. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    Awesome mental image -- *phones up mom* Hey ma, I know I just borrowed 15$ of real cash from you for unlocks but could you spare me some Plat?
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Nashbry wrote:
    I know... right? although unfortunately, through a series of events we actually don't play on the same server. Crazy I know.
  6. ARCHIVED-TrAcKa05 Guest

PLEASE SOE:
    PLEASE SMOKEJUMPER:
    PLEASE ISULITH:

This is GREAT news, you have taken LEAPS AND BOUNDS in the area of customer service and giving back to your FANS and SUPPORTERS!!! The good decisions and news just keep coming.. but in light of this recent development: PLEASE make this retro-active for us loyal ex-EQ2Live subscribers. It sucks so bad that because I was unable to play EQ2 for awhile (due to not having a computer) that I am somehow less of a vet than before. Its akin to saying that since I didn't pay for that month, I didn't exist to you. I was already "paying" for that decision by missing out on: the whole game since eq2 was F2P then, missing out on LIVE events that I will never get to experience again, and everything else that came with subscribing. But to make it so even though I pre-ordered the original EQ2 and have paid much over $1000 dollars in that time, I essentially didn't matter/exist for those months where I couldn't PAY could PLAY. Please do right by us, the veterans, those that have supported EQ2 from the beginning, thats what a vet is, it should be a reward for early adopters, not just those who never had the misfortune in 7 YEARS to be UNABLE to play. That's almost callous feeling to me.. The only reason I can see that this wasn't the case the entire time was to push the "passport" $5 3/day sub. which I was UNAWARE of during the time I was away, so I'm basically having those months of my account age taken away, never to be returned, talk about adding insult to injury. Now that there is no more "passport sub" this seems like the best way to extend an olive branch to those who WERE supporters of EQ2LIVE as opposed to the new F2P only model. Making veteran reward time "free AGAIN" was the right thing to do, but now all returning vets, and those who returned before, but missed some time, will be left with a sour taste in their mouths when they look at their account age, and see that for awhile they counted for nothing to EQ2. The world didn't stop when we weren't able to be apart of it, but somehow our existence did. That hurts, when I came back I immediately spent over $200 on subs, expansions, station store, only then did I notice that my account age in-game =/= the date I joined this world of Norrath. Such a blow to those that have put years into this game.
    Please consider this, it wont HURT anybody, it can only HELP: the fans, the early adopters, it will give yet another reason for vets to return which can only help the player base and EQ2's pocketbooks. I've never thought of SOE as a "money-grabbing" company UNLIKE some of the OTHER competitors, and all these recent developments SUPPORT that vision. But I think you could take it 1/2 step further and do right by your early supporters. We are talking about some in-game items that don't give anyone a competitive advantage, they are just fun "thank you for supporting us" things. Only one reward a year, its not like there is a reward every month, that I could understand, heck I could even understand the OLD system of paying every month for vet time NOW that EQ2 is F2P, it makes much MORE sense than having that model when Everquest 2 was only playable if you actually had a subscription in the first place.

PLEASE SOE, Help us out, like we early adopters helped you out 7+ years ago.
    Thank you,
    Tracker Dunn
    -Joined 12/12/2004
    Vet time: 5 yrs 8 months 12 days...
    :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Atsushi wrote:
    I am in the same boat, EQ1 then EQ2 yet only 5 years total.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

darwich wrote:
    Recurring subscription gets 500SC/mo
    Subscription/Gold does get more bag slots, bank slots, ability to carry more plat, no unlocks required for anything on any character new or old, send mail as well as receive, unlimted broker access, unrestricted chat channels, etc.
    I hope, though, when (if) the Vet rewards change to a token system that subscribers get more tokens than Silver/Free per month.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Hozuki@Befallen wrote:
    I have no idea what you want.
    Try again, but ask in one simple sentence.
  10. ARCHIVED-TrAcKa05 Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Make Vet Reward Time based off: Account creation date.
    Why do it any other way? if its only rewarding you for months you paid for, not how long you've been a vet, then that just doesn't make sense. It doesn't show much thanks.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rampage Guest

Wasn't this how vet bonuses were originally awarded?
  12. ARCHIVED-Solaran_X Guest

I'm in the same boat as others in this thread.
    Original Activation Date: November 6, 2004
    2589 days; which breaks down to 7 years, 1 month, and 3 days. Plus the extra 90-day periods for buying the early expansions. I should certainly have the 8 year Veteran reward. However, I have nothing past the 6 year Veteran's Reward - and that I only got about a month ago.
  13. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Maybe it's announced now, but it will take a day or two to implement it?
  14. ARCHIVED-Velox Guest

Amistae@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I agree. Whats the matter with these people.. All this free stuff and extras.. whatever next ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Vaeamdar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If they have no implemented the change then you count is still based off paid subscription time + the expansion bonus. I don;t think it has been implemented yet though - an account of my that just lapsed 2 days before this change was created Nov 8, 2004, 2,940 days or 8 Yrs, 0 months and 20 days - has been on an active subsciption all during that time period. It is flagged F2P but there are no claim tabs for veteran rewards on it
  16. ARCHIVED-Atsushi Guest

Amistae@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Correct, which is why I mentioned that I had subscribed to eq2 originally around launch day. Like launch of the eq2, I had it on pre-order so I'd imagine the account was started the day eq2 went live. Yet I still only have 5y vet rewards.
  17. ARCHIVED-Rocky4686 Guest

I'm somewhat confused by this announcement. Smokejumper said, "All players will get veteran rewards based on the date of their account creation," however, my account was created for EQ2 on November 24th of 2004. That would put my account at 2570 days old today. Plus the 360 from purchased expansions, that would add up to 2930 days. The game is only accounting and showing 2703 days, though. So something isn't quite adding up. I took about 7 or 8 monthes off back in 2009, but the rest of the time I have mostly had a paid subscription which could account for the difference in days that I'm seeing. So either the game is reading something incorectly or the announcement is either incorrect or misleading.
    So what is actually getting taken into account now for veteran rewards?
  18. ARCHIVED-HammerOfThor1 Guest

If this is true and retroactive, I am one happy camper. I was pretty mad when they switched to counting only paid time after FIVE YEARS of going off the account creation date. I would be very very happy if this works out.
    Edit: Or 4 years or whatever the actual time was. Stopped after 5 year vet reward.
  19. ARCHIVED-Darkmage61 Guest

As I understand it, I played the game for like 6 years. All that time I payed Sony for the privrlage of playing the game. That is a lot of money, and I am still paying for a full account.
    Now comes someone who started a toon back in 2004, stopped playing the game (stopped giveing Sony money) and picks up a free to play account and gets the same rewards as I do. So what goddies do you have for me, a loyal paying membrer for years that set me apart from someone who has not payed for anything?
    Yeah this bugs me, but a lot about free to play bugs me.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darkmage61 Guest

Darkmage61 wrote:
    OH I know, maybe I could get a "Gullible" title