Veteran Rewards for All! Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Isulith Guest

2. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

What happened to the change that was coming to the way veteran rewards work? Is that still in the works?
  3. ARCHIVED-Riftsburn Guest

Boy, you're really making it hard for the haters. :)
    (Also, thanks!)
  4. ARCHIVED-S1lence2 Guest

Hooray thanks!!
    Any word on when AA mirrors will be usable or Colossal reactant will be added to loot tables yet?
  5. ARCHIVED-grimesie Guest

And now I feel even less special for paying $180/yr + to play this game.....
  6. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

are we still getting the added time from the expansions htat added it?
  7. ARCHIVED-Atsushi Guest

Is this retroactive? For example my account dates back to 2000 from eq1 and around launch day for eq2, yet I only have 5 year vet rewards. I petitioned and they said it was correct yesterday.
    I sort of hoped that for an 11 year old account I might have more than 5y vet bonuses.
  8. ARCHIVED-jester0770 Guest

Is this going to negate the whole i took 3 months off of game without paying so I got shafted on my vet reward?
  9. ARCHIVED-Riftsburn Guest

Atsushi wrote:
    It only counts for EQ2, not EQ1. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

jester0770 wrote:
    It does not look like it. It looks like this is a going forward thing and not retroactive.
  11. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

so why am i paying a subsciption now??
  12. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    This still doesn't fix the issue that those of us who were paying a subscription for a time on EQ2X and let our "Live" sub lapse----After the merge---all time accumulated between the two as a subscriber to either were supposed to be merged (According to SJ in one of the many pre-launch videos)---They didn't merge---heck, if they want to base it on account creation date---mine goes back to November 2004---I would take that but it is not showing in game yet.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

darwich wrote:
    In reality no reason.
    Your character was grandfathered in.. so you have your race/class open
    You can pay a month worth of sub price for 50 gear unlocks.. and then not bother with any money for awhile.
    You lose bag space and amount of plat you can earn... but seems a good tradeoff.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

darwich wrote:
    Because you don't want to be nickel and dimed to death for unlockers? what is your point?
  15. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

Nashbry wrote:
    Well my comment wasn't really in reply to that. That seems like something SOE needs to sort out still.
  16. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    FYI... The plat restriction is pretty major. You can only have 18 plat, and any plat over this amount just disappears. If you have more than that much plat you can spend it, but you can't earn any more.
    Also, while you can put your plat into repair materials, so you can access it, you can't use the repair materials in place of currency because it is now flagged as heirloom.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ahlana Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    I would hardly say it is major.. I mean seriously I have bought nothing in months and nothing more for months to come. Anyone top loaded at 90 does not "need" plat. I would wager no one needs it really at all. It is used for shortcuts and that is about it.
    The tradeoff is that for a one time $15 you can get enough unlockers to swap your gear out a few times before needing any more unlockers.. and at this point in DoV how many upgrades are left for the majority of people?
  18. ARCHIVED-cawalton Guest

This is Great! (I think)
    This is like the old way they used to do Vet rewards, based on account creation date, not how may days it was actually subscribed, you could come back after a couple years off and still get the most recent rewards.
    Time to dust-off an old EQ1 account and roll-up an alt with 8 yr vet awards (if my theory is correct)
  19. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Ahlana wrote:
    I just wish SJ or some "red-name" would come out and clarify things---that is all I am asking. A simple "We're on it and continuing to look at it" or even a "We are sorry, we miscommunicated that information early on and we aren't going to be able to do that" would suffice and I would drop the issue all together.
  20. ARCHIVED-SlawSlayer Guest