Veteran Rewards for All! Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ErelasAlcarinque Guest

Before any replies to this lapse for so long I am accused of necro'ing it, some of us are still waiting for an answer.

SOE "A" says vet rewards are calculated based on date of account creation, some / all / who knows accounts are possibly not being credited equally, or, the formula is so convoluted as to be beyond quantum mechanics.
    SOE "B" says, yeah, what my boss said is wrong, that SOE "A" guy, this is what he meant to say.
    SOE "A" comes back with, "Oh no, *kicks "B" under table*, that is exactly what I said and I meant it, so :p"
    Yeah...umm, still confused.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jasarina Guest

I have to agree here. If the date is suspose to be from creation then I should all the vet rewards but I only have up to year 6. Any official response would be nice please. My account is currently gold till Dec 2012.
  3. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

MESSAGE FROM BUSINESS:
    Hello Xxxx Xxxx,

In response to the customer's complaint, I am afraid I cannot offer the veteran rewards requested. Both due to the fact that these cannot be manually altered on a per-account basis, and also that this was not the intent of our producer's statement, which I will include, in part, below.

"So starting from today, that’s what’s going to happen. All players will get veteran rewards based on the date of their account creation.
    It’s already happening now. You’re accumulating time as we speak. Enjoy!"

The language here clearly states this as a program which will be effective immediately, going forward. It makes no reference of retroactive accrual of said rewards.

I hope this clears matters up to your, and the customer's satisfaction.

Regards,

Matthew S. Garretson-Pugh
    Sony Online Entertainment

They are going to stick to their guns on this, my next step is national media attention. Time for the local news station and thier Problem Solver Team... ohh and a complaint with the state.
  4. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Come on people if we don't stick to OUR guns on this they will bull us over on everything else, this may be a minor issue but will the next one be so minor?

I say we organize an in game protest, log into freeport or quenos harbor and occupy it
  5. ARCHIVED-Avalon the Blue Guest

Whoo, has it been a long long time since I posted on these forums... so long that I cannot even go back and look at my old posts about messed up graphics and such (back when game FIRST came out)...

I pre-ordered the game, and have had my account since then, although it has lapsed several times, it was created on/around 08Nov2004 (the day is probably different because some people got theirs a few days before I did, and vice versa... it wasn't a unanimous "everyone logs in on the same day" unfortunately, mainly due to postal system I think)
    And worse, my forum account shows something in 2005 as when I first logged in, which is absolutely false... I still have the pre-order character creation CD (something I think was a stroke of genius on their part), and was already logging in and posting during the time I waited for mine to show up. When it did, my PC could barely run it, and I had all sorts of graphical glitches that made me think of the Matrix almost... but I still played and managed to get lvl 12 before I just couldn't take it anymore...
    Since then, I have played off and on, here and there... the highest vet reward I have is 4 years... I would love to have the higher ones, of course... and due to having played Rift, SWTOR, and all the rest (including the "one which shall not be named")... I am back now, and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. EQ2 really was ahead of its time, and had I had a better PC, I would have kept playing it from the start instead of looking elsewhere to fill the gaping hole =/
    Any word on whether or not we will be getting the rest of the vet rewards that are promised based on when we started? And yes, I am a member of the Sony Station Pass (all games), and yes, there ARE reasons you want to pay the sub for this game... TRUST me!
    I will probably be playing EQ2 mainly, and some Vanguard here and there...
  6. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Basically their response from the BBB was typical of a pompus male donkey (filters out a word found in the bible of all places), instead of a profuse appology and explination that we don't have the time or resources to correct this on a few accounts, we wont go ahead and fix it for everyone.

I am giving SOE 48 hours then i'll blitz and make more phone calls.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    I'm not a lawyer; I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Nor am I an employee of SOE. I have, however, completed a Bachelor of Science degree with a 3.89 GPA. Basically what I'm trying to get across to you is that I understand sentence and paragraph structure.
    The first paragraph discusses the way things were prior to the date of their decision to change it. Then it gives the reason for that change.
    The second paragraph (well - sentence really, but the spacing is indicative of a paragraph), discusses the rationale for changing it.
    The first sentence of the third frame gives a temporal reference to when the change will begin. The second sentence of the third paragraph clarifies the nature of the change which starts at the time indicated by the first sentence of the third paragraph.
    The final paragraph informs players affected by this change that they implemented the change prior to posting the announcement.

This should be pretty obvious to anyone that has completed 7th grade (unless the education standards are a lot more relaxed than when I attended school). Therefore, one can only surmise that you are being obtuse in an effort to try to make SOE comply with your deliberate mis-interpretation.
    But feel free to bash your head up against the wall. Don't let a little thing like logic stop you.
  8. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    Good luck with your phone calls. I hate almost everything SOE related lately...and can't get myself to care about this. Vet rewards should be awarded by how much active sub time you had. The announcement was clear. Get over it.
  9. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Rotherian@Unrest_old wrote:
    I got one those also, except mine is in Business, anyone who's taken a basic business law class and has dealt with advertising (guilty of both) would know if you are vague then you are OPEN to interpretation. Don't White Knight SOE for being a bunch of Douchebags on this. look at all the people who've thought like i do, that the Vet rewards would revert back to the old system where it was from sub date.

Plus couldnt one theoritically argue that the period from 2007 through 2008 when their sub lapsed they were on a free to play account? (even though those did not exist at the time)

Besides good faith should have dictated with the poo-storm over AoD's lack of content, bogging us down with F2P and now the debacle with our Euro brothers and sisters that they would do something on this.... or do they think the "good faith" they gave us after the big hack covers all blunders for the next year?

Little do they know they are close to loosing another customer, most of my friends i would group and play with have left the game, they are changing for the bad, and i'll ultimately give my vote of lack of confidence via my wallet. SOE could have avoided all of this if their Customer Service had been polite and courteous with me but no they went the Condescending route and were not friendly with it. That in itself is a major pet peeve, number one the customer should literally kiss my butt i pay them (I do that to my customers) and number two the CSM's should have enough pride in what they do to be polite and courteous. (its called being professional look it up)
  10. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Onorem wrote:
    Look they only clarified some days later, but in the mean time they did nothing to make their vague statement correct. Nothing in the form of giving what was represented or in lieu of some other item. None of which costs SOE money other than time for someone to change a few settings.

There is an old navy saying when something stinks you can usually trace the odor to the head.
  11. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    Again. Good luck with your phone calls.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rathorius Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    1. I'm not White Knighting them. I'm taking everything that was said in the announcement into context. I'm also not trying to take a single sentence out of context and twist it around.
    2. The letter that you quoted on 02/22/2012 17:55:48 doesn't appear condescending. It opens by stating that they aren't able to give you that for which you are asking. Then it explains the two reasons why they can not. The first reason being that they are incapable of individually awarding vet rewards. The second reason is because, when taken in context, the announcement states that beginning immediately on the day of the announcement, accounts will begin to accrue rewards from the date of creation. (What that means, in context, is that any account created upon the date of the announcement or after will accrue vet rewards based upon the date of creation.) That letter then goes on to further clarify that there never was anything within the announcement that referred to retroactively awarding vet rewards. Judging from the wording of the last part, that letter was probably sent to your lawyer.
    3. If they were restricting your access, despite acceptance of the EULA, and despite payment on your account, I would say that you have a case. This, however, is a result of your own, intentional or not, mis-interpretation.
    4. I know what professional means, I don't need to look it up. The representative didn't call you any names, nor did he call your actions silly. No part of that letter is unprofessional. If you were referring to another response beside that letter, feel free to quote it, and we will judge that response on its own merits.
  13. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Rotherian@Unrest_old wrote:
    I don't know about you, but I don't want anybody literally kissing my butt. Except maybe my husband.
  14. ARCHIVED-Chakos Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    I think Sony makes poor decisions, in an alarming rate lately, as well; this non-issue you are championing is not one of them.
  15. ARCHIVED-HotRod Guest

Not that I think SOE cares, but it has been 18 months since I got my 6 year vet award, with a continuous subscription since then. Something about the F2P/AoD changed my account age to 5 years & a bit (did not remove my 6 year vet award).

So in effect +1 vote for proper accounting in awarding vet awards, my oldest character was created in 2004, the payment records don't seem to go back that far under account management.

I am pleased at the drop in Dungeon maker spawner's prices though 1800 for a chance at a boss was crazy.

HR
  16. ARCHIVED-Aunry Guest

Onorem wrote:
    Vet rewards are awarded by your active time. The only reason I know this is because my wife and I stopped playing for a year and then came back to active our accounts again. This is when I noticed our vet rewards were about 1 yr behind just as suspected they would be. So, if you did not keep your account active (I'm talking about paying the monthly bill) all the time, during the time your account deactiveted or suspended, depending on how you want to word it, it will deduct the time from the vet reward you are eligible to receive.
    It makes sense, why would they reward you with something if you started playing and stopped for 1yr, 2yrs or more, but give you the time to claim those rewards, that would not be fair to the others who has spent the money and time to be eligible for the rewards. Plus, if you have bought the past expansions, they already given you bonus time to count towards your vet rewards time.
  17. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    Saw this thread brought back by CPR and was intrigued enough to go back through it to find out what started the whole thing. This rant is absolutely priceless.
    Think of all the energy you wasted trying to parse the words "starting today" to your benefit. Wouldn't it have been easier to let it go?
    Anyway, I for one am glad they only started it at that date. That way those of us who actually subbed for all that time get a little more credit for it.
    Edited to add: Entertaining read. In need of update from the BBB boy.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Seeing how the CMM estate is a presitge house (the first of it's kind iirc), but in today's model worth far less than it use to be with other larger houses costing less than 1000 SC, I think it's past time that the Call of the Veteran was place onto the SC Marketplace. I have several secondary accounts which do not have the sub time for the COV, but would love to buy it. I suppose I could always buy one of the veteran acocunts which /ragequite over one silliness or another from Ebay, but I'd much rather buy it through the legitimized SC Marketplace.