Veteran Rewards for All! Official Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    Technically no you would have not... since up to July 2010 there was no such thing as an silver account.
  2. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

I don't think I understand the *point* of these feedback threads. You say that you are going to start to listen to the players and tailor the game based upon our collective or majority voice ... but you make changes like this THEN ask us for feedback that truly means nothing AFTER the change has already been implemented.
    What do I think of this change? A player who played EQ1 for almost a decade and has been in EQ2 since launch - a loyal and dutiful subscriber the entire time?
    I think this stinks - I think you just completely devalued me as a customer! If you had allowed all the non-regular subscribers to START earning account time starting from now onward that would have been annoying but at least tolerable. But to give them retro credit all the way back to "account creation" as your [SJ] post suggests (despite the contrary rep response a poster provided above).
    Yeah whatever ... I'm completely over the illusion now that you've ever cared at all about what any of your long time players really think about the way you manage and change the game. So here's yet another feedback that you won't read and clearly don't care about. I just wish at this point you'd stop even bothering to post these "feedback" threads. There's some "feedback" to consider.
  3. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

if this change is not retroactive... then what is the point?

really really REALLY stupid on SoE's part.

everyone should get the vet rewards based on their EQ2 account age. that's the way it WAS and it should have always stayed.

so, make this retroactive. had account since EQ2 launched, should be getting 7-8 year vet rewards then.
  4. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

What you're advocating is that people who formed their account at launch - left the game - and just now came back and are playing F2P would get the same rewards as people who have been here loyal subscribers and actively playing and PAYING for the game since launch. I don't see how that's in any way appropriate.
  5. ARCHIVED-simianthief Guest

*inserts troll post to get the ire of smokejumper*
    Immune he says?!
    *inserts wholly inappropriate about SJ's mom*
    Still nothing?
    *pulls hair out and run away screaming*
  6. ARCHIVED-Suprchik407 Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    I dunno if I can take the GMs word anymore simply because they dont always give the most up to date information.
    The GMs have been completely wrong before in my petitions even after pre-empting their replies with links to Red name threads ect.
    I think it was mentioned that since the policies go through many channels not everyone gets up to speed and they simply look to their knowledge base if you petition about a new policy right away.
    We all know the knowledge base isnt always updated to the most recent info straight away. :/
    We will just have to wait for a redname response.
    Also, in my petition regarding former live and now silvers missing their vet rewards, they are aware and working on the fix.
  7. ARCHIVED-EQ2Playa432 Guest

Furbaby@Nektulos wrote:
    I just hope it's soon. My BL could sure use the adventure vitality refill about now.
  8. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

whine whine whine...
  9. ARCHIVED-Aethn Guest

Atsushi wrote:
    You dont have an 11 year old account, you have a 7ish year old account. You're timein EQ1 has no bearing on EQ2 vet rewards, if so I would have 12 years and 9 months on 2 accounts, hehe.
  10. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Persyphony@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    you would think people would see that, and understand but NOOOO IM ENTITLED TO 12 year rewards NOW!! because i lack common sense!!
  11. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

Persyphony@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I didn't 'pay' EQ2, I paid SOE through All Access/Station Pass. My account is a SOE account and older than dirt, which happens to have an affiliation with EQ and EQ2, and others. I am sure that is somewhere along the line of reasoning ...
  12. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

Grayven@The Bazaar wrote:
    This. While i think soe did a great job with beastlords, mercs, freeport etc., the whole slippery slope of going ftp, and the current "entitlement" mentality crowd that going ftp would inevitably bring in, and "giving in" to every request, no matter how ridiculous, has turned into an avalanche of people demanding things-because after all, even though most of them ditched eq2 for another game, or havent ever even logged into eq2 before last week-why shouldnt they get every reward and perk that someone who has paid monthly and stayed with the game all these years loyally has earned? lol. I lose nothing, i still get my 8th year vet rewards, and will continue to pay my monthly sub, i just think they have dug themselves into a hole they arent going to get out of. The problem with giving in to a child every time they throw a tantrum, is that they are always going to want more, because they know that if they whine, or cry loud enough, they'll get it. So good for the freeloaders for being able to manipulate an entire company-maybe next month, you can get them to give us all free plat lol.
  13. ARCHIVED-doofoo Guest

Marnus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I don't believe they've counted my time as a platinum member either (over a year now). Surely you'd agree that that should be fixed.
  14. ARCHIVED-JonasBlackmore Guest

I'm curious as to what the reality versus the posted text is as well. I read it as my account would be updated to have the vet rewards based upon when the account was created (November 9, 2004), but I can see how that could upset people (and does not appear to be what is happening, I currently only have up to the 4y vet reward on my account).

Just curious if it really is "based on the date of their account creation" or that just means for all NEW players it will be that.

-JB
  15. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

is there any chance you could tie this into my swg acct which is closing?
  16. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Forget all that.... at face value SmokeJumper said you get cred from account creation date. He then made a starting from today comment, he made it vague probably purposely or he could be that dense.

So someone needs to file a report with BBB San Diego on the Smoke Blowing SJ did on this.

read what i typed what their statment was FALSE (or MISLEADING) ADVERTISEMENT
    not that Wiki is a trusted source but this info is true
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_advertising
  17. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

Elixite@Unrest wrote:
    +1 This
  18. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

This change doesn't do anything retro-actively *at all*.
    The veteran time that you've accumulated to-date is still valid and is preserved.
    The change mentioned is from that date going forward. So everyone is earning time now, but this changes nothing at all for the vet time accumulated to-date.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dawkitty Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Glad to have the clarification finally.
    Any word about silvers not seeing any vet rewards at all, though?
  20. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Right however, anyone petitioned this before your clarification or change should still be elligible to gain all vet rewards from EQ2 activation date.