**Updated** World Event: Help Rebuild the Dragon Rings and Reactivate the Wizard Spire

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Amarillan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    My apologies. I should have said "the people who sat and waited."
  2. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Because they screwed it up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Tommara wrote:
    The devs have better things to do than refunding people one by one for what is worth 50 tokens. It's like asking the president to one by one give hundreds of people a penny for screwing something up. It wastes everybody's time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Morghus wrote:
    It's a one-time world event that most players feel everyone should get to participate in and get the rewards from. If the hard mode raiders want their raids with the +200 stat gear or whatever it is, fine. They have that, they beat the raid bosses, and they deserve the rewards the rest of us will never see. But if they fail, they can try again tomorrow. If we fail at this event, someone else gets it, and the rest of us miss out - that's not what a world event is supposed to be.
    This event has been nothing but an absolute mess from the beginning. And the vocal players come in two groups: the ones who did the event, put all the work in to spawn the final mob, and then failed not because they couldn't beat the mob if they tried again, but because the event was so buggy that there was no guarantee another try would even happen without SOE intervention; and the handful of hardcore raiders who have the attitude of "the rest of you suck". From a customer service perspective, SOE would much rather keep that first group happy and write this event off as "everybody who was there gets the rewards as a one-time bonus".
    Normally I'd agree - fail a raid, miss out on the rewards. But this event is different, because of the bugginess. If this was "I never raid, but give me the reward from <insert name of hardest hard mode raid boss here>, because I don't raid", then that's silly. But this is a fluff event. Let it go, people. Let it go.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Morghus wrote:
    But only the raid that killed it gets the quest credit, and that's one time only.
    And those 99% of us who aren't hard mode raiders have no idea what consume soul is. Or how to debuff it. Plus, with all the combat spam and everyone running on extreme performance, it's not that easy to see what the mob's doing. If you can even see it, since it kept going invisible.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Morghus wrote:
    No, the mob despawned in all instances when one instance killed it. EW didn't work that way - we tried going to EW3 after killing it in EW1, and you couldn't get the quest again. So that eliminates the double dipping on the tokens. GD was just bugged.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Karista@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    By "raiders", he meant "hardcore raiders who do nothing but look down upon non-hardcore raiders and think they're worthless excuses for human beings because they choose not to raid (which must mean they suck at it)". That's not you. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Consume soul is the mechanic where once the mob drops to below 45% health it heals 4% or so every time a player dies directly to them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Lera@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That is a stereotype that, although not entirely inaccurate is still subject to being wrong when used to broadly label people.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sylistra Guest

I can see both sides of the argument in truth, but to be honest.. does it REALLY matter that they got credit? As Lera has said, this is not a EM or HM raid mob in an instance, where you can perfect your strat over and over again and have the mob on farm status. This is a ONE TIME ((out of the HM instance)) mob that the entire server can get to see and experience. I admit.. it was.. mind blowing lagging, lagging and then suddenly seeing me and a small group of people surrounded by corpses. But I digress... I should have taken a screenshot, but knowing me I would have lagged too much and been dead myself before it was taken.
    I fail to see the harm in giving everyone present that participated getting the credit.. they were there, they died and seeing as most of the server does not raid, I think they did a pretty good job with the gear they had. It certainly does not effect me in ANY WAY that they got quest credit.. unless you count the incessent whining in channel about the fact they did. Seriously, are people's ego's so fricking huge and are people so selfish and self centered that a little generousity, especially when it is a one time mob and does not count towards raid progression, cannot be given.

I guess I just do not care enough to deny other people a one time quest reward when a mob had the misfortune to despawn *Shrugs*
  11. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Morghus wrote:
    You misunderstand... I didn't mean that all raiders are like that, but that he meant only those raiders who are like that. And there are some.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Sadly, yes, they are. And EQ2 would be much better off if they chose to go elsewhere.
  13. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I suppose there is not much point in them not doing so now, as the damage has already been done. Gninja already made the mistake of reimbursing even one person, and as such should the issue crop up across any other server that has yet to experience that event, they will all collectively demand the same treatment. And they will be obliged to deliver it, taking away working time they should be spending on creating more buggy content.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

Morghus wrote:
    The alternative is Gninja spending time on the forum explaining to a very angry playerbase why they're not getting any rewards, along with the time of the GMs and customer service people, and the lost income from those who quit because of the bugs. So I'd say it's time well spent. More likely, it's taking time away that he'd otherwise be spending away from work.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tommara Guest

Morghus wrote:
    This IS the buggy content that they need to fix.
    Personally, I'll be happy if they never do this again.
    Edited note: Make a public effort that triggers a quest that only raiders can complete.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

For those of you (such as Gaige) who keep saying that people failed, I've gotten a reply back from a GM on the matter. It had nothing to do with people failing. It had to do with the event turning off, and anyone who hadn't killed the mob by then, did not get to kill it. The event may have been pre-scripted to turn off at that time, or it may have been a case of all instances of GD despawning, when the first one killed it. Here's what the GM had to say:
    "I'm sorry to see that you had some trouble with these events! The Dragon Ring event ended at about 5 PM PST on the Antonia Bayle server, so that's why your boss despawned on you. Our developers are going to be doing a review of who got credit and who didn't, and letting us know how we can help at this point. For the moment, I'm going to put your petition into a holding state with my manager, and we'll be contacting you again when we know more. It will be at least Monday before we'll be able to respond, so apologies for the delay.

Thanks in advance for your patience in this situation, and if you have any questions for us in the meantime, let us know!

GM Euronyma
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment"
  17. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    While i know AB is an american server , it also houses ALOT fo european players, 5pst is 3 in the morning for them , not only that but it despawned roughly 20-30 mins after it started
  18. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

I am confused by the posts that have happened since Unrest completed the Spire event around midnight last night est. I was in EW3, avoiding EW1 because the next to the last event had so many people in it that we crashed. Yes, we had raiders in EW3 but me and both of my husband's toons had plenty of time to participate and get in multiple attacks with our Guardian, Warden and Necro. I welcomed the raiders since they ran a good fight but I know that we helped too. I believe that it went without a hitch and we all updated our quests at the end. I didn't see anything in the contrary in chat.
    I don't believe that we received Dev assistance and overall the last part of the event went much more smoothly then the entire process up to that point. Since we had been participating since 8am that morning I felt that we helped as much as any raider. I can't fault Unrest players, raiders, casual, and such there was a lot of participation. Good team effort.
    I am sorry that many didn't get that experience and I agree being able to buy the items later does not completely make up for it. What about the 500 tokens? I thought it was strange that you should be able to buy items like the title if you didn't participate in the last kill but clearly I can see now that there is a need for it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Right. Its a fluff event with these amazing rewards on the merchant for a measely 50 tokens. Explain to me why that was worth Gninja sitting in GD forming raids with the people who failed to kill Kreegar and autocompleting the quest for them? All of that time spent on a fluff event with rewards that were for sale on a vendor?
    The debuffs are from a x2 zone and are used in easy mode raids as well, so I find it hard to believe that out of a 1000+ players in GD1 there wasn't two fighters that had the debuff~
    Please don't spread false information. GD5 killed it in about ~3:48 and then GD6 killed it after that. So it didn't despawn in all instances when we killed it, that isn't true.

Elhonas@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    GMs are customer service, not development. I know it worked as intended because I was there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Don't fee the troll