**Updated** World Event: Help Rebuild the Dragon Rings and Reactivate the Wizard Spire

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

UPDATE 7/20:
    The Velious transport network rebuilding events will be reactivated this Friday (22nd), late afternoon pacific time. The following changes have been made:

Dragon Ring Event
    • Bouont Crushingfist should now correctly update the quest “Two Heads are Better than One.”
    • The quests given when entering the Dragon Ring area should no longer be removed when you leave the area.
    Wizard Spire Event
    • The Wargcaller should no longer get stuck in combat.
    • The quests given when entering the Wizard Spire area should no longer be removed when you leave the area.
    Both Events
    • In response to feedback, the percentage of progress for the event on each server has been rolled back somewhat in order to allow players more time to participate in the event. Servers that were further ahead were rolled back more than servers with lower progress.
    • The event merchants are now selling glacial mounts that can be used by adventurers as well as tradeskillers of any level, at a reduced price.
    • Corrected an issue which was causing the events to happen more often than they were intended to.
    • Health for the named encounters has been adjusted.
    • Harvestable tokens have been slightly increased.

UPDATE 7/15: **The Gnomes have thrown some nuts and bolts into the system and this World Event is on hold until further notice. Please note that your progress has been saved. When the World Event is reactivated you can start up where you left off.**

This week, two new events are taking place in the world of Norrath, and you're invited to participate. Don't wait, though! When the goals have been met, the events will be gone forever.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Ashlanne Guest

Hey everyone,

We are aware of the issues with the event. We just updated the article with the following text.

**The Gnomes have thrown some nuts and bolts into the system and this World Event is on hold until further notice. Please note that your progress has been saved. When the World Event is reactivated you can start up where you left off. **

Thanks so much for your understanding
  3. ARCHIVED-terjalan Guest

What if we're not on when the event is reactivated ?

Will we still get the update since we already downed the boss as required by the quest or will we be denied the reward for the quest we completed ?

Thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Aibyouka-Mew Guest

I want to be left off were i ended, with one mob left. That would be nice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Thanks for this, something needed to give. Honestly I'd rather see the progress be reset once things are worked out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

I understand there is really no way of knowing how long it will take to fix, but it would be nice if there would be at least a set amount of time/warning so people who were at the event on AB etc and stayed up all night working on it (and tbh should have already got their reward for the final quest that bugged out) could get some sleep/prepare etc and not worry about missing out on it after all the petitions and waiting we already been through.
  7. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Trickshot@Vox wrote:
    you mean like how everyone else missed out on the rest of the live event on AB?
  8. ARCHIVED-Aibyouka-Mew Guest

Trickshot@Vox wrote:
    This would also rock. I'm due for a nap but I dont wanna miss out a one chance thing..
    I know you guys keep logs.. we killed it. You can easily find out who participated. All I really want is the tokens so I can get bunches of house goodies.
  9. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

terjalan wrote:
    My concern exactly. We went in there and kicked some epic x4 butt.... and got nothing to show for it. It's in the server logs who participated in it... I know it'd be a bit of work but I do think it would be fair to reward those that participated in that kill.
  10. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Exactly. Whether or not the event is working right, it's still moving along too fast.
  11. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

this event has gone far too quickly , i logged on last night when the event started and doen 2 of the crystal collecting runs, then i had to sleep as i live in eu it was late.
    well i log on today , roughly 1pm EST and the evnt is at 99% on AB,
    srsly less than 24 hours and its finished?
    will i have to stay logged in and waiting for this event to come back on so i can get the pocket wizard call? (if so thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of)
    cant you slow it down? and wouldnt a more apt way of handing out that wizard call , be to those that have participated in any of the event?
  12. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Ashlanne wrote:
    I really hope it is reset to 0 on all servers or at least no more than 50%. Otherwise, on AB, within 10 minutes of it resuming the Spires will be Completed by whomever happens to be there at the moment the event is turned on since it's now "stuck at 99%" waiting on the last (bugged) Named to update. Starting up "where you left off" will still not allow more than a handful of players to participate (not just on AB but others as well).
  13. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Iren@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    They have said the title and portal bauble will be available on the merchant after event is completed. I realize its not the same thing considering some of us have killed the epic with no update but its atleast good to have the 2 "unique" items available even if we cant be on at the moment of completion. I do hope theres some compensation since you also were supposed to recieve 500 tokens, though.
  14. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    This concerns me as well. The event really needs to run for a week to give people a chance to participate. I'd rather see the final named spawn every 3 hours until the event gets turned off with a smaller token reward then have it be a one shot deal.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

FYI, the mobs were still spawning in GD2 when I logged even though everything else poofed.
    edit: On Everfrost
  16. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    qfe
  17. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Horribly flawed event.
  18. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    IMO the only real fair way to do it for both parties would be to allow it to be completed as is now but then completely reset it from the beggining so even more people can participate. Just as much as it wasnt fair for those that missed the event due to its speed, it would be equally unfair to punish those that did work on it.
  19. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    thast good to know thank you
  20. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

Gah - Please, roll back the progress on the these and slow them down!
    Or leave the mobs up that reward the good token amounts for those that could not get on during the week to participate.