Update: All Access Members

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Karioki Active Member

Very nice. Thank you. IMO it wasn't necessary but thanks!
    Luperza likes this.
  2. Goldenrose New Member

Just adding my thanks to the list. I love this game and appreciate all of the hard work that goes into it.Thanks fro realizing that you needed to post info on the social mediums too! (Also, zombie pony's would be great. LOL)
    Luperza likes this.
  3. atomizeuk New Member

Is Ever quest 2 servers down because i can't log on it says ERROR and is 10:22 PM Uk time
  4. RainbowArches New Member

Count me as another: "Thank you for all your hard work in fixing the SOE-wide log-in issues". Stuff happens. You have all been really great, keeping us informed; and thank you very much for the 2 extra days as well. I'm sure if you could have fixed the issues any more quickly you would have done so. So, just a bit of disappointment here being unable to play for 2 days (spider solitaire was getting REALLY boring, LOL), but cheers to everyone on fixing the problems!! You can all take a deep breath, release your stress levels, and ease into the usual daily routines now :)
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Chances are that your ISP has a cached version. Did you manually set your DNS settings to the numbers posted at EQ2Wire?
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The question I have is when do I set it back to autodetect or do I leave it at the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. setting it is now? What dangers are there with the 8.8.8.8 setting?
  7. Luperza Community Manager

Nothing will change and it requires you to do nothing. You will just gain 2 days of added time. It will be separate from your membership plan. :)
  8. Krypti New Member

I have much respect and appreciation for this level of service. With your work here and on Everquest Next you are becoming the benchmark for all other MMOs to follow. I am in the field of IT and as surprising as it is for something like this to happen, even to SOE, bottom line is they happen. You recovered and proactively satiated your customer base. Well done.

Krypti
    EQer since '99
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

Using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as your DNS servers just means you are using Google's public DNS service which they make available to anyone who wants it.

After tomorrow, you can change it back to "Automatic" which will use your ISPs. Some people say that using Google's public DNS provides a faster internet experience and should be used indefinitely.
    Griff likes this.
  10. Sylvain Member

My thanks! FTW! WTG! :cool:
    Luperza likes this.
  11. Lanatir Member

Could you possibly tell me why the game tells me that i am no longer a member even though my credit card payment was never interrupted?
    Karsa likes this.
  12. Gharish Active Member

I'm not clear on what this will do..if anything. Can you elaborate please.
  13. pokio New Member

thank a lot :)
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

Essentially it's like this:
    say your subscription ends/renews on the 31st July they give you two days of subscription.

Your subscription plan was to renew on the 31st now your 2 free days will kick in, after those 2 days your subscription will renew and you will be billed for it.

That's how it worked when they gave out free time to subscribers who played PS2 on briggs during the long length of issues the server had.
  15. Grundge Active Member

It's just a graphical bug, it doesn't mean that you aren't a member. When all-access started, people who had not yet been billed for the new "All access" month showed that they weren't members. Nothing changed and when they finally got billed again it reverted to being member.

I think the reason it did this now is because of the 2 free days we have been given (or will be given if your sub hasn't run out yet). This happened to me on one of my accounts because it would have renewed today so instead of renewing it is in the 2 free day mode. I still got my 500SC though and it was automatically given to me like they said it would in this period.
    Aelissa likes this.
  16. Lanatir Member

Well, see... i can NOT claim my latest 500 SC, the button says that i need to become a member for that.
    Aelissa likes this.
  17. Grundge Active Member

It was automatically granted. They made it an automatic grant as well for this month.
  18. Solisnight Member

So, this months 500SC claim went through fine on the 24th. However because I am running on Pre-Paid time my account now seems to be flagged as not eligible for another 500 SC Claim until the pre-paid runs out and I go back onto Paid Member Time...

Now this might not be a problem for some but I have been an all access subscriber since the start and have quite a bit of pre-paid time to use so my next subscription payment date isn't until 26-August and my next claim date for SC is also the 26th which actually does move my claim date back by 2 days.

On my account page there is even a nice helpful banner:
    Reminder! Your next 500SC member reward will be available:
    8/26/14 12:00:01 AM PDT
    Solis
  19. Niniel New Member

I am having an issue claiming my 500sc as well. It originally said I could claim it on 7/22, I logged in and instead the button read Become a member and my sc amount has not changed. I logged into my sony station account and it said I could claim it on the 24th, so I logged in today and same thing. My station account now says the 26th. I was waiting for this station cash so I could take advantage of the sale on the heroic characters, but if I keep getting pushed back every 2 days....
    Aelissa likes this.
  20. Luperza Community Manager

If you're having issues attaining your 500 SC, please contact our Customer Service Team as they'll be able to help you out.

The 2 day grant is separate from your membership and does not affect when you will be granted your 500 SC.