Update #16... what is this?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-cr0wangel, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

They made a post a little afterwards that said affected arts and spell changes refer to all in the line. So with Fury it would be all the arts in the Fury line.
    yay.
    Well, its still on test. I wish there were a way to copy my character over to test, I simply havent the time to level up a new guy there. Its odd, since they claim they want people to test.

Message Edited by einar438 on 11-04-2005 03:57 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Yall do understand that with them setting the max PBae targets to 8 they are nerfing Open Wounds and our 52 PBae taunt INSOLENT GIBE as well right? Way to phukin go SoE , wth are you think first resisted taunts now an outright nerf to one of our AE' taunts ?
    SCREW YOU SOE AND THE HORSE YOU RIDE ON, CRAP RAID CONTENT AND CONSTANT SCREWING UP OF CLASSES!
  3. ARCHIVED-FlameingInferno Guest

I was fine before LU13, well I wasn't happy with everyone always chooseing Guardians as a tank, we had much better aggro control and some utility, that was the only thing going for us then. Now we have nothing going for us. No one wants a Zerker in their group anymore. We have no utility at all, no one wants to be able to go berserk, and the stupid mini heal thing we have is useless. We have no aggro management at all now. I for one am have gotten very board in the past 3 weeks. there is 2 more months on my gamecard. Once that is gone I may just try out City of Villains. I hear its pretty fun. /shrug maybe I'm just burnt out on everyone looking the same, not being able to get a group and haveing crappy solo content (I hate to solo anyway) and DOF is not as cool as all the hype said it was /sigh ohhwell Sony has me for 2 more months.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Open Wounds currently has a max of 4 targets (it hits the main target twice, and up to 3 additional targets). If it's changed to 8, that's a nice upgrade.
    It's not possible to verify what the maximum number of targets Insolent Gibe has at the moment.
  5. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Open Wounds DOES NOT HAVE A MAX OF 4 TARGETS... you can hit up to 6 encounters if they are infront of you and in melee range... ( sometimes even from behind if they are right on you ) get your facts str8
  6. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Feel free to give proof of it hitting 6 different mobs with 1 swing.
    Open Wounds hits a maximum of 5 times. Twice on the mob you have targetted and once more on up to 3 other mobs. There is no restriction on the what angle it will hit, only on range. Get your facts straight.
  7. ARCHIVED-Guzz_Deaths_Door_EF Guest

increases attack speed of caster by 45%

caster has a 100% chance of having their primary weapon 's autoattack affect multiple targets they are facing, who are within melee range
  8. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Open Wounds certainly does not hit the targetted mob more than once. You may see two hits, but one is your autoattack. There may even be a riposte thrown in. As for a limit, I can't say that I have payed close enough attention.

Concerning aggro management and our offensive stance, my take is the change won't hurt a thing. Why? Try playing in your defensive stance. There is no proc, and your offense takes a penalty. Do you have trouble holding aggro in this stance? You still have multiple aoe attacks available. Two of which have aggro generating side effects (stun and throwback). You have the Hold the Line series, and an aoe snare. If everyone in your group plays as they should be, you won't have any trouble keeping aggro.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Um yes we do. Defensive stance is the worst stance you can possibly be in for aggro contro. WE get 2 cycling taunts 1 aoe and insolent gibe. Our aoe attack certainly dont make up for the lack off offense and procs...... This has already been discussed and debate on several threads. Beserkers primarly tank in offensive or no mode leaving defensive mode as a last resort to avoid death.
  10. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.... With Open Wounds running, everytime you autoattack a mob, you will then get an extra attack which hits up to 4 targets (basically an AoE autoattack), with 1 of those targets always being your current target. Hence you autoattack your main target twice, then up to 3 other targets once each.
  11. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Well, sure it's more easy to hold aggro when you're doing more damage. Yet, your defensive stance is sometimes required in tough spots. Even no stance removes the offensive proc. My point is, you are able to play without it, so having it reduced will not hurt as much as you think. I'm not saying the aoe's will make up for a skill being reduced or removed, I'm simply stating that they are enough. In fact, as Pins pointed out, this would increase the effectiveness of Open Wounds, and if I'm not mistaken, Berserker Rush as well. Aggro control being dependent on a 10% probability of proc going off and then followed by the probability of actually landing a hit doesn't seem like aggro control at all.

EDIT: Oh, and you're missing a taunt in your list, plus a reactive that has a aoe taunt effect.
    Message Edited by uux on 11-07-2005 09:54 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

I guess we are differing in opinions on this. I have everything except for a couplbe ca abilty that arnt adept 3. I can hold aggro defense for a short while, but with any amount of dps in the group it is lost almost every encounter. Offensive stance is where beserker were ment to tank that is wher we are equal with the otehr classes in aggro control. No stance we lose our procs, but we dont have our stats nerfed so we still pull off a decent damage cause our abiltys still hit high compared to the defense stance. Defense stance is last resort group is going to die if i dont switch. Purly for self preservation not for aggro control at all. Hopefully by the time you switch to this mode you have enough aggro thta you stay above dps.
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=4&message.id=16682
    Check out this thread. Our offesnive stance as pointed out in that post accoutns for 15% of our total damage. With these reduction we will be losing close to +6% of total damage over time. Not to mention the 2+ procs we lose. So we lose aggro from the less damage and from the less procs we will be hitting. that sounds like it is going to effect us. We will see.
  13. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Umm no, like the poster posted underneath you asking for confirmation on how it works seeing you are a lvl 60 Berserker yourself :
    Gumse wrote :
    increases attack speed of caster by 45%

caster has a 100% chance of having their primary weapon 's autoattack affect multiple targets they are facing, who are within melee range

Thats exactally what it does. Hit Rampage and Open Wounds, and watch rampage proc on each and every mob in front of you providing there in melee range and reguardless of if there in the same encounter, then watch how many mobs then get hit with Unbrildled Fury as well...........and people wonder why Fury line is getting nerfed :smileyindifferent:
  14. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

And seeing as though you're still only 54 and don't have the skill, you're not qualified to describe "exactly what it does".

Using Rampage with Open Wounds doesn't make a Rampage proc affect multiple encounters, it merely means you use up multiple Rampage procs from the same swing (5 autoswing hits, firing 5 of the 10 available Rampage procs, each one affecting a single encounter). Similarly with Unbridled Fury, each proc remains targetted at a single encounter.

You don't gain any damage by combining Rampage with Open Wounds versus using them seperately (actually, you'll invariably do less total damage over a 3 minute period if you use them together, rather than seperately).

As for what Gumse wrote... That's the in-game description of the spell, which is a) vague in that "multiple" doesn't tell you how many targets, and b) incorrect in that you can hit mobs behind you with it.
  15. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

I agree that it's a nerf. No doubt about it. I just don't agree that it's the end of our aggro control. It's hard to estimate how much the numbers posted in that thread would change after the patch. We have no idea with any amount of certainty how many mobs Furious Assault hit each time it triggered. He did post that they were multi-mob encounters, but still. Did it hit 5 mobs everytime at 100% success rate? We know the damage is being reduced and the number of mobs being effected is being reduced. That is about all we know unless someone is on the test server and can provide a comparison.
  16. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

The conditions that were parsed there were absolutely optimal for AoE damage. The encounters were virtually all 4-8 ^^ and ^^^ mobs with a few tough single-target X2/4s. I also have Unbridled Fury at Master I, so you'd be very hard-pressed to get a number above 15%. In other situations, I'd expect it to contribute 5-10% of damage. And likewise, I'm reserving judgement until I see the reduced numbers and the effects of other AoE changes.
  17. ARCHIVED-Buggrit Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Buggrit wrote:

so in other words because hes right and you can't think of an argument to counter it you have to attack his level ? because its the only thing you can do?
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm not attacking his level. I'm telling him that because he doesn't have the skill yet, he's not the best-qualified person to say "exactly how it works".

So, for his benefit, here is Open Wounds in action (very simple test that shows a) hitting a maximum of 5 times per swing (4 if the target mob dies on the first hit), and b) hitting mobs behind).
    (edit: XVid codec)
    Message Edited by Pin StNeedles on 11-07-2005 08:34 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

You've said the same thing as Aonein, you just said it differently.

Because all our CA's are now attacks rather than DD's, every attack has a chance to proc. Which means that Rampage and Open Wounds have a chance to proc Fury. Since each proc is tied to the swing, it is possible for Fury to go off multiple times in the same melee round against the same encounter.

It's because of this that I believe Fury is being scaled down. In it's present form, Fury combined with Rampage/Open Wound can allow a Zerker to take out an entire encounter within a couple seconds if the RNG is good to you and you have an encounter with more than two mobs in it. In fact, because of the way the CA's interact with each other, you actually have a better chance of killing an encounter that has, for example, 5 no arrow mobs then an encounter that has 3 or 4 no arrow mobs.

The nerf I believe is to limit this scaling effect.
  20. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

I didn't say the same thing as Aonein. His post implied that using Rampage and Open Wounds together, when facing multiple encounters, would result in increased damage from Ramage and Fury proccing across all encounters and thus scaling massively when you have multiple encounters. This does not happen - you just spread the Rampage procs out, some affecting 1 encounter, some affecting another, thus your damage is divided between multiple encounters, rather than scaled.
    Whereas you are talking about using the skills on a single encounter, which is different, and I agree with you.