Update #16... what is this?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-cr0wangel, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Berserker changes:- Furious Rush now does crushing damage.
    - The Berserk effect no longer plays an animation when triggered.
    - Wall of Fury now costs less power and boosts physical resistances instead of avoidance. The ability now triggers when attacks are made, and it will trigger more often.
    - Battle Chant now has a chance to trigger Berserk when a target dies; it now procs Berserk half as often across the entire group as the single-target version does for the Berserker.
    - The reuse timer of Press was reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
    - Fury's proc now hits up to 3 targets instead of 5, and its Damage was slightly reduced because it is an AoE attack.
    - Maul's melee debuff effect will now grow with level.

Any details about this? The animation was already removed, so does it mean they remove the red glow? Tell me this is not this...
  2. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

I would be less worried about a glamor effect and more worried about how our burst damage just got nerfed.
    I assum that Fury's refer to Unbridled Fury. They just made it to where it only hit 3 targets and does less damage....... This is one of our primarry means of gaining aggro back. It will be intresting to see how it works. THey lowere our offense and dont increase our other aggro abilties any farther.
    "- Battle Chant now has a chance to trigger Berserk when a target dies; it now procs Berserk half as often across the entire group as the single-target version does for the Berserker."
    First of all Beserking after the target is already dead is kinda useless......
    Can someone explain this one. Does this mean they just lowered our offensive stances damage output and number of procs. Then made it to where both our beserkering abilties procs less. If this is the cause they were seriously out nerf our aggro control. They took away Furies abilty to proc 2 more times it doesnt do as much damage and beserk wont proc as much.
    We will see what the outcome is, but i see this being a serious problem.
  3. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

the reduce number of dmg and target our offensive stance does worries me a lot. when taking i m always using it since it s the only way to keep proper aggro. since LU13 we have only been "nerfed" or adjust to lower damage output : rampage nerfage. now our offesinve stance :( that skill would have needed an increase probability to proc because the 10% chance to proc isnt really close to the 10% stated (or i m just being really unlucky with procs).
    As for going berserk once the target is dead.... i dont see how this can be of any use and the proc probabiliti will proc half as often...

well i guess we ll just have to see how things work once LU16 is released.

sorry for my bad grammar i m not from an english speacking country
  4. ARCHIVED-Donnersam Guest

Hahaha god...first they give us the weakest taunts of all fighters and say : '' Zerkers hold the aggro with their dps''
    And now they nerf our dps again.
    Ah well Vanguard is going to enter Beta 1 ...so Sony you will get what ya deserve. =)
  5. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

Wow...nerfed AGAIN? And with plate tanks already reeling from the change that has made mitigation far less effective then avoidance? And check this out. Wall of Fury now costs less power and boosts physical resistances instead of avoidance. I assume that means they are giving us more of that near worthless mitigation and taking away more of our avoidance.
    Heh, figures. Guardians are practically worthless now - mitigation has been made totally ineffective, their taunts are resisted, and they do no DPS. Rather than fix the guardians, SOE apparently decided to make 'zerkers worthless too. This is surely a GREAT time to be a bruiser. The goal seems to be to make the guardian class appealing again by making the other plate tank class even worse.
    I hope this does not work out the way it looks. I can't believe SOE is nerfing our damage given the incredible imbalance that already exists between us and the bruisers/monks.
  6. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

We have a stance called Fury at level 22, I think if they were talking about Unbridled Fury they would have wrote Unbridled Fury.
  7. ARCHIVED-Darkdog Guest

This is just another reason why I am glad I retired my Zerker and started my Swashy.
  8. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

I would imagine the change to our group berserk will HELP with aggro control, since your groupmates will be generating less aggro.
  9. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

But anyway, my post was about the animation, can anyone put some light on this please and tell me what was removed? Thank you.
  10. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Is SOE TRYING To kill online games? Is that their underlying goal, to get as much money out of us in a set amount of time, then drive everyone away?

See: Planetside - BFR's
    Galaxies - Their new Jedi update stuff
    EQ2 LU13 and subsequent crapping on Tanks (in specific the Berserker)

Well I'm not 'leaving' yet ... but jesus they are not making me happy about staying, I can maintain agro ONLY while burning mana like a sieve with my DPS...and i have most taunts at adept 3, use my Offending Defense and everything and jesus i still lose agro to DPS classes a couple levels below me.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lildoc Guest

Do all the doomcallers really need to come out every time the work Berserker is in the patch notes? Answer the OP's question or make your own thread so we can ignore this pointless negative feedback.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

No, they mean the whole Fury line.... Fury, Greater Fury and Unbridled Fury.
    They have done that for all adjusted spell lines (just give the name of the first one in the line).

I've been expecting a reduction to damage on the offensive stance ever since the changes. The proc on the stance provides me with more damage than any other Berserker skill. However, even if the damage reduction to this skill is substantial, it's likely to be around 1-2% total dps reduction for us on single targets, and maybe 2-3% on larger AoE encounters. This will then be offset by the changes to target restrictions on other AoE skills. I'm really not worried.

As for the other changes, they've further boosted the Berserker's tanking by giving us another short-duration mitigation (self) buff (edit: Berserkers and Guardians now both have 2). The additional effect on Wall of **** is still going to be fairly useless (although a chance to snare a mob that's on a group member is nicer than a chance to snare one that's on yourself when you're snared yourself).

Battle Chant changes are a reduction to our group berserk buffing. The addition of berserk-on-target-death is of very marginal usefulness.

Hopefully the debuff on the Maul line will be nicer now (Unyielding Battering debuffing 8 skill is disappointing at the moment).

To answer Alak's original question on animation removal... I believe they only removed the animation from 1 case before, and have removed it in the rest now, but it doesn't bother me much whatever it means :p
    Message Edited by Pin StNeedles on 11-04-2005 06:49 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

First of all the word beserker hasnt even been mentioned in the 2 patches. Secound of all what positive feedback can we possibly have to them nerfing us AGAIN. LU13 (MAJORLY NERFED), LU14 (NO CHANGES), LU15 (STUPID CHANGES),LU16 (NERFED). I mean after LU13 i think our class was seriously nerfed, but not broken. I jsut started to like my beserker again and in my opinion our class was perfectly fine our lacking in taunts was made up by our damage and procs. Now they nerf our damage and proc rates. All i can say is that this is either going to put as on the perfectly balanced line or break us in terms of aggro control. With SOE' track record of fixing their mess up im will be gone or playing on my ranger, cause im not going to wait 2-3 months for them to fix it.

Bottum line. If you keep screwing up and then keep ignoring us, people are going to have less and less confidence in your judgement an abilty to do thing right. The lead to negativity and mistrust. Which lead to this exact post. If SOE would have fixed their mistakes within the first moth or used the test server before LU13 ever came out and everything was as it should be they wouldnt be getting this negativity towards their "Quick Fixes".

This is hwo i percieve test bein used. Dev's come up with idea it is made reality. In their mind this will fix things. IT is put on test. 3-8 days later it goes live. What is the point of pointing it on test. 3-8 days of testing and no time for changes....... POint of test is to TEST listen for feedback and make appropriate changes. SOE truly doesnt grasp this concept which is why we get these broken archtypes, tons of ingame bugs (casue their wil always be afew), broken quests, armor taht loosk the same threw tiers, over powered raids, regualr mobs droping fabled, raid mobs droping commons, the list goes on and on and on and on and on........

Funniest of all I didnt see the word BRUISER at all in that specific update / NERF.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lildoc Guest

Read the OP again, I think you will find the word Berserker in there at least once. The bottom line is this is a MMOG, they are ever changing and if you cannot deal with and adapt to change then you are not going to be happy. Any change SOE makes, someone will take it in a negative sense and cry nerf. Happens every time. Alot of times, like now, people cry like its going to be the end of the world. It won't be.

Learn to be flexible and I think you'll find you will enjoy the game alot more. Crying that the sky is falling before something even goes live is a bit pointless. To date many things have been rebalanced, fixed, or in one case totally revamped (the combat revamp) very little, if not nothing at all, has been 'broken'. Neither I nor anyone else can force you to take change in a positive light, only you can do that. You can also take any change and put it in a negative light. The only thing you accomplish by doing this is making yourself, and sometimes those around you, unhappy.
  15. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Hear hear.

Besides... Berserkers were nerfed in LU13? Could have fooled me.
  16. ARCHIVED-Exmortis_MT Guest

and intelligence shocks the room silent. Very well said, grounds us all back to earth.
    I am new to the zerker class, restarted with friends and they needed a tank, already did the Sk thing and we were doing qeynos this time, so decided I'd give zerker a try. So far I am haven fun, and in the end, isnt that all that matters? The hell with updates, the hell with DPS, the hell with what everyone else has.
    Just log in and play.
  17. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

I simply didnt respond because i'm disgusted. The whole "Its not so bad" thing can only go so far. We were nerfed in LU 13 if you wanna believe it or not, it wasnt the end of the world and for the most part i've been able to deal (although if it wasnt for my having Cobalt T6 gear now and if i had regular indium armor and no adept 3's or anything i probably would be screwed). I have been able to maintain a bit of an ability to solo things ... Yellow and Orange for the most part are out of the question, but whatever.
    Now the thing we do the best right now, AOE Melee stuff...is being limited and reduced in damage? Whats next, Slaughter only effects targets infront of you and the Berserker Assault stuff is a single target attack?
    Call me a doomsayer whatever, i know i'm not alone, i'm sick of having to 'deal with it.' I will for a little while longer simply because i like the people i play with in my guild ... So until theres a 'viable alternative' that me and some of my 'mates' can go to i'm probably sticking it out.
    Here's to hoping i get picked for the Vanguard SOH Beta. Maybe they'll do the same thing or whatever, but if they do at least it will be my first experiance with them, unlike this my third straight in the 'MMO World' under Sony. (See: Planetside and Galaxies)
    Oh and I dont expect them to give a crap about my opinion or my monthly fee's ... because they havent before, why start now?
  18. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

How can you look at us pre LU13 and post LU13 and not see us getting nerfed. We had tanking, MAjor aggro control (far beyond what we have now and way above guardians), DPS, Better speed buffs, and better utilities and higher damaging attacks. Rampage got nerfed. LOL granted i know we need to be nerfed, but to sit there and say we didnt get nerfed is denile. After playign my chacter i have come to enjoy him a great deal i actually find it just as fun to play pre LU13 as it is to play now. To say we didnt get nerfed tho....
    We will see what these changes bring to the table next week and I hope to god that my pesamistic attitude is wrong. Perhaps then i can start regaining a little trust with SOE's judgement. Here to hopeing....
  19. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Zhonata ... Despite the spelling from your posts which absolutely hurts my eyes, I must say your thoughts echo my own quite absolutely. We might not be 'useless' but we are far from the same creature. I still have fun playing my character but not nearly as much. Nor am I as 'useful' in groups. The thing I am the most useful at when not tanking, is the DPS I provide in 'AOE' Situations. If they start reducing that, Well goodie what's left for us to provide? In ANY Group with a guardian we're always looked at as inferior tanks, the way Paladins generate hate now with their Amends thing is far better'n us, Try and pull agro from a Pally without using Rescue (If they are tanking), I dare you. I've done it but it's harder than pulling agro off ANY OTHER Tank i've ever grouped with.

To simply say we're just as good is rediculas. We might have needed 'some nerfing' but the continued nerfing is rediculas. Our 'utility' is totally pathetic compared to other tanks (cept Guardians who really need to get something cool...maybe give em some kinda evac or more/better taunts). Whatever. I'm through responding on this thread, I have to do work and I want to not think about the crap that gets shoveled our way.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

I can spell, I just chose not too. LOL. Let me guess you work in some field having to do with literature. My college proffesor gets on to me all the time for me slacking of in nonformal writing like these forums or e-mails. lol. Good thing they cant grade me on them.