Update #16... what is this?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-cr0wangel, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

LOL, Dude, you do realize that by design we are *supposed* to not take a hit as well as a Guardian? And the reason behind that trade-off is the additional aggro we generate and the better DPS against groups of mobs? The changes being proposed won't change that one iota. Sure, we'll do a little less DPS, and the group with us in it will do a little less DPS. We'll still do way more DPS and aggro against groups of mobs then any other tank class.

Look, by your argument, every other tank in the game is 2nd rate, because Guardian is built specifically to absorb a hit. So everyone else should hang it up.

Sure, as a tank, I'm sure you'd rather have that 1k hp. However, *everyone* else in the group would probably want the regen.

Have you switched a Guardian into the MT group *with you in it* and seen the difference? There's a reason Guardians complained that their buffs were group buffs, and this is one of the reasons. Learn to take advantage of it when the situation calls for it.

I'm not going to tell you how to play your Zerker nor am I going to tell you how to build your MT groups. If you can't look at your abilities compared to a Guardian and see where your abilities are more applicable in some situations then others, then perhaps it's best that others make that decision for you.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Open Wounds is a 36s buff (then down for 2m24). While it's up, you do 6-8x the amount of autoattack damage you would have without (hitting 5 times per swing, and having 45% haste). The extra swings go through the same block/parry/miss/riposte checks as any autoswing. So, in a 3min combat period, doing 6x damage for 30sec, then 1x damage for 2m30, you total 11x, instead of the normal 6x you would have done with normal autoswing. i.e. 45% of autoswing damage can be attributed to Open Wounds.

Because the parse in the other thread has the amount from autoswing at the top, you could roughly work out what came from OW and compare that to the other skills (giving 22% of total damage being from OW as a low-end estimate).

But I should also note that due to breaks for power and moving between encounters, much of the time waiting for OW to recharge can be disregarded, meaning OW gave a much higher contribution than that.

edit: And no, Rampage and Unbridled Fury are not entire encounter AoE procs. They are currently limited to 5 targets within 1 encounter.
    Message Edited by Pin StNeedles on 11-08-2005 06:18 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

I'm afraid you are quite incorrect here, my friend.

Open Wounds does a lot more damage then Rampage and Fury. Rampage basically gives ten extra swings. Period. After ten swings, it's down. Open Wounds is up for 36 seconds, hits 5 mobs, no limit on the number of swings generated, just the time that it is up. In two melee rounds, Open Wounds will reach the damage potential of Rampage if you are facing five mobs. And don't forget, Open Wounds gives you 45% haste during those 36 seconds.

Yes, Open Wounds in and of itself will outdamage Rampage and Fury easily.
  4. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

1) I've noticed this. It might be related to existing pathing bugs. Simply repositioning myself slightly seems to fix it the majority of the time.

2) Your autoattack can be blocked/parried/dodged/riposted. Open Wounds hits with 100% certainty (or so states the description for what that is worth). That single attack is most likely open wounds, while your autoattack didn't hit the mob.
  5. ARCHIVED-ligiguinesmule Guest

Tuddar
    Of course we arent supposed to take as much damage, our offense is supposed to be the difference but that is being nerfed. I still do think we will have an advantage in a raid that has adds but please show me a T6 raid with adds? Lockjaw no, Terrorantula no, both dragons in MajDul no. See the trend here? Our loss in dps is going to make us useless in raids if we dont tank was my whole point. Heres why
    By my arguement all other tanks are useless? Absolutely not. Do you read selectively? Every other class has major skills to add to raids which we do not. Monks/bruisers for pulling, fd and stuff, Pallies have rez, healing and SK have great mitigation debuffs as well as some other great skills. Guards are better plate tanks than us. We have zero utility and crappy grp buffs while not in mt group. Therefore, we have little to no utility and little else besides dps to give a raid.
    You really think that people in my group would want my health regen? If I am in a non-tank group they'd just want another class in there besides me. My 55 in combat regen isnt gonna come close to healing them from one of the new, wicked aoe's some of these mobs have. Our best raid buff for non-tank groups was War Call which is getting nerfed so it only goes off when a mob dies. Tell me how that helps when there are no adds to kill?
    Trust me, I don't need you telling me how to play my zerker. Maybe you should take a look at this class and realize that unless you're tanking, after the revamp, that theres 23 other classes better for raids than us.
    We definitely have abilities that make us more applicable, like t5 raid mobs woohoo... In your replies you never had anything to say about how we're not useful in a raid unless we're tanking so I assume you read selectively or just dont want to realize I am right.
    Anyone wanna go kill Drayek? Maybe ragnog? lol I'm a zerker, I am built for that
  6. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

1) Ya, i use repositioning to try to solve it, it works sometimes. othertimes it does not. Glad to see i'm not the only one with this issue tho.

2) I have misses listed in my combat window, my combat window shows my misses (blocks, parries, dodges, etc) as well as my hits. So if i attacked twice i'd see it, doesn't matter if i miss or hit, i will still see two lines appear. Unfortunately i'm not seeing two lines, just one. Cant say why, but have only really noticed the problem while in silent city fighting single epic encounters. This also doesn't always happen, its why i think 1 & 2 maybe related. Either way, there is something buggy about Open Wounds.

Ps. didn't this post get off topic. Sorry Cr0wangel. Altho some of the stuff discussed is good information. Besides the back and forth arguements :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

Lol, I'm done arguing with you dude. You want to [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] that you can't tank mobs (when you can and are actually the preferrable tank in some situations), then you [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] that you have no roll if your not tanking. Hey, guess what, replace the word "Berserker" in your arguments with "Guardian" and it's pretty much the same. At least we can buff Strength which can help in a DPS group and minor HP regen which let's folks use manastone if they need to and get that health back.

This change doesn't spell the end of the friggin world for Berserkers, unlike the doom and gloom message your trying to send out. It doesn't have the huge impact your making it out to be. Zero impact on our tanking. Minor impact on our role outside of tanking.

Best advice to you: Just don't raid, because you've abundantly pointed out that Berserker's are too **** to be effective in any role. Let someone else go, because anything we can do, someone can do better. Hopefully someone will put some Fabled in the bank for us, because we aren't going to be around when it drops.
    Message Edited by Tuddar on 11-08-2005 05:02 PM
  8. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Anyways......Open Wounds is bugged and needs to be looked at.
    Unbridled Fury, while i aggree with the damage reduction on the CA, i dont seem to understand the reason for reducing the targets it effects. Because its a AoE? Sorry that means Warlocks needs nerfing to all there AoE's because there AoE's too.........
    I suspect there will be yet more knee jerk changes to come, and it wont be stopping at the Fury Line.
  9. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

SoE can kiss my ****... Knee jerk reaction to everything is their motto... Why dont they just hurry up and reconsoldate the classes already in this game, hell they did it to SWG... just remerge some of the classes already and stop playing " madden 2k6" with our class , im getting sick and tired of getting the nerf bat swung at me every other freaking month already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoE stop acting like a r.e.t.a.r.d - m.o.r.o.n on ****** who is about to get laid by a 75 year old virgin!

Get your shyet together ....
  10. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

cr0wangel,

yes the berserk animation is gone now...they took it out completely. why, i have no clue. i liked the way it was right after the last update they did that changed it from an actual animation to just a red glow and sound effect. i thought it was perfect then and so did everyone else that bothered to post about it so i really don't understand why they went and did this now and i am quite disturbed by it.