Underdepths: Dozekar the Cursed is Rediculous...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-azcn2503 Guest

Great fight, and an absolutely amazing zone, art and size wise...
    As for the Sentinel - if you accidentally AOE it, you cannot take control of it. It's all about tanking position. Once you have that sorted it is a smooth fight. Also need decent communication between those doing the charming.
  2. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

The heads he drops are Lore.. so don't do the zone twice like I did, not even able to be rewarded for my effort.
    Currency SHOULD not be Lore.
  3. ARCHIVED-AustinB Guest

Have only one person control the golem for the entire fight.
    Have the golem tank the name all the way on the east side of the platform.
    The rest of the group stacks on the west side of the platform, near the bridge.
    The group burns adds.
    Only the golem should ever DPS the name.

Easy, but long fight.
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

The adds need to do less damage and less strikethrough. :/
    They one shot anything thats not a tank or golem.
  5. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

I am a beastlord and kept taking agro and I wasn't getting one shot, nor was the trouby, or necro. If it isn't easy for you then it needs to be lowered? That is what I am gathering from all your posts I have read thus far.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

I think the fight is spot on except 1 part. Why after all this time of shortening named fights are you going to make this one take 25 minutes. The Golem doesn't kill the named nearly as fast as he should. For the first 2-3 minutes of the fight the rest of the group just sits there and cheers the Golem on.

My suggestion is half the dragon's health or double the golems damage (make the 20sh minute fight 10 minutes). Other than that, fight is perfect.
  7. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Fight really isn't hard. It's actually a little easy in my opinion considering the reward is a stat mount people probably won't replace for a while. Should probably be a 10 - 15 minute failure timer, or some sort of mechanic so that you can't just rely on the golem 100%.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Wigg@Butcherblock wrote:
    Please do not make this fight twice as easy as it already is.
    The content in this GU is far too easy, this fight is not that difficult, the problem lies within the instant gratification crowd that wants to press a few buttons and be able to win regardless.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    the tank needs to be super fast with his snaps and have lots of hate. i attempted this once (failed) and completed it once.
    the first time, the tank did not have aggro most of the time so the group was one-shotted. it was frustrating. the next day we went back with the same tank. same problem. adds one-shotted everyone. we tried another pull and sent the tank to fight be the sentinel and hoped that the healers could keep everyone up. bad plan. on the next pull, the dirge dropped and we got a back up tank. tank #1 went to fight the golem and the new tank kept the mob off everybody else 99% of the time.
    it was a fun fight and does not need to be changed. part of your problem might be positioning. if you are making the sentinel hate the group, i find that confusing but maybe that's the positioning problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-Errror Guest

Why people are saying you can't dps the named between adds baffles me.
    Everytime I've killed it, Ive been able to do pretty much my full dps on the dragon, aslong as I give the golem like 5 seconds to pick it up in the first place.
    Not like my toon is undergeared or does rubbish dps either.

Fight does NOT need changing.
  11. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

I totally agree with Errorr, all the kills I've done of this have been under 3 minutes (last kill 2:47, 745k groupwide dps), monk troub warlock(me) inq + 2 dps (illy, swash, bl, others). Burning the named isn't tough and aggro is very good. Stand just behind and out on it's left hind leg to avoid the kb, bladedance and deadly dance on pull, golem, wait a few secs and begin the burn.
    Don't change this fight, it allows access to amazing armor with 9.2 cb/pot and a stat mount, it's as hard as it should be.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Please don't change this fight!!! It is just fine the way it is.
    Just did it tonight, it took quite a few tries, but once we got the strat down just right, its actually quite easy.
    but fun.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

We just downed this guy in a group last night, and it was fun! Yes, it's harder than some people are comfortable with, but we had a good time with the unusual elements and trying new ways of doing things. Challenges keep things interesting
  14. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

I personally just think its a really dull fight. Get to end and just kill trash for a bit till 2 other things finish duking it out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jrel Guest

Dozekar can be a long fight, but Tigloth is tougher. Upgrade the loot on the faction merchant, I just realized none of it is much better than EM Drunder, and not worth spending entire Dozekar fights trying to get a Dozekar head.
  16. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Tilgoth em isn't harder, also essentially a burn fight with selected add killing. Fun fights both if you actually hit dozekar like you are meant to. The faction loot is better than em Drunder at 9.2 cb/pot with a yellow adorn rather than read you lose 0.2 cb but gain 1.3 pot if you adorn cb. Not like the fight is too long anyway tbh.
  17. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

slippery wrote:
    KB is just fine , just park yourself where the KB has no effect , there are at least 5 spots where the golem gets no affect from the KB that I know of.

I've played the golem at least 10+ times now for various groups....with those 4 abilities I've never lost agro , your major agro and DPS actually comes from your auto-attack , not the abilities.

Adds are tanked by the people NOT in the golem suit , if they keep killing you,,,get in a 2nd healer.

If you're constantly failing in this fight...

1) Golem and Group Positions are wrong.
    2) You need more heals (The encounter was ninja-made tougher recently).
    3) Tank needs to position the adds better or have better snap agro ready.
    4) you need better gear , farm the instances.
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Honestly, they need to either make the golem do more damage or lower Dozekars health a bit so its not such a "drag on" fight.
  19. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

this fight is really long but given how it's a 100% chance at fabled if you have the faction it's acceptable. as far as the adds you almost need a chanter with your to keep the adds stunned and stifled or they will rip thru most all heals, from my experience.

as far as the KB.. well it is a bit absurd but i guess it can be delt with. having said that if any devs read this please try to tone down KB vigor on fights that affect the entire group.
  20. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    No problems keeping the tank with the adds alive... provided the adds didn't eat the me (the healer) when they came in. No chanter.

I agreee that it is a deathly boring fight. I'm rather disappointed in the gear from the faction merchant... but at least it means I'll only need to do that fight again to help others get access and the mount.