Underdepths: Dozekar the Cursed is Rediculous...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Mermut wrote:
    stuns and stifles help in either situation but with enough gear it's a non-issue other than your tanks ability to control the encounter.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

Ok, I've now run the zone on dirge, coercer, SK and solo healing inq. It's really not a very good dungeon - purely because, even when you do everything right it just takes far far too long.
    I really don't know what to suggest as recourse, but someting needs to be done about the end boss too. Its just so so boring.
    I don't want to kill 3 of the same mobs over and over again for 30 painful minutes 44 times in order to equip my alts, and neither does anyone else. The legendary loot in there is trash as well with better drops from contested.
    In a few weeks time people will just not bother running the zone, which is crazy as it represents the supposed pinnacle of the non-raiders game.
    Takes too long, and is very repetitive. We already grind trash mobs - stop making us do it in the final non-raider dungeon thanks!
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Impact@Splitpaw wrote:
    Well right now the zone is pretty much impossible to get achievments for.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaeablock Guest

The only problem I have with Dozekar is that his actual loot table is pathetic. His head token gives you fabled each time, certainly, but once you've finished gearing that out in 7 kills, then what?
    He loves dropping legendary transmute belts and the one time he dropped fabled it was a SCOUT shield. Thank god for those scout shields.
  5. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

All of the fabled loot also seems to be no-trade.
    Added to the fight being pretty annoying and not giving any faction this zone will soon be as popular as the Dungeon Finder, the Arena and the Storm Gorge once peple got enough of those Dozekar heads.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sedenten Guest

The reason the adds tear through heals is due to their frontal AOE autoattack. When I'm able to debuff their AOE autoattack chance (usually as they spawn), the healing is substantially less intense. Usually after that initial spawn of the adds, it's just a matter of making sure everyone is staying behind them. If the AOE autoattack were removed entirely from the adds, they would not pose near as much of a problem.
    I also never did like knockbacks or overexcessive use of stifles and stuns. The knockback on this fight is beyond annoying, especially when I'm juggling my position around to avoid the AOE autoattack.
    Also, I really don't understand the lore tags on the heads. I'm getting tired of trading each head off to an alt after every kill.
    I'm in agreement with the majority of other posters--this zone will become less and less popular over time. It's simply not a fun zone to run. It's not exceedingly difficult, but the fun factor throughout is very lacking. I like challenging content, but I do not like content that is challenging due to annoying mechanics.
  7. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

All you guys saying the fight/zone takes too long we've gotten a sense of urgency time every time. Granted it's a guild group so it's better than the average pug but the average pug in average pug gear should be willing to spend an hour in there for the loot and quest updates there are tbh.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Doesn;t change the fact that it's dull.
  9. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Give you that but people will still run it until they can one group x4 trash easily enough to be bothered and farm that for loot.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    DONT CHANGE IT ITS FINE! DONT CHANGE IT ITS FINE! DONT CHANGE IT ITS FINE!
    Where have we all heard that before? Oh thats right from the people overgeared for the zones talking about Drunder... the same people who were making mad-plat from slr...
    And now Drunder has tumbleweeds rolling around in it.
    Have you guys taken a serious look around Skyshrine? How full it is? The amount of people grouping together and doing the access quests wearing all types of gear?
    Have you noticed the true progression of the Skyshrine instances? How one is always harder than the next but doable with the gear from the one before + the quested gear from WL down below?
    Then they hit the UD roadblock. Where only those of us in raid-gear don't fear to tread, and we still get our rear-ends handed to us if we slip up, and while it isn't too hard to beat it with enough gear, is plain not fun.
    There isn't enough content for this silliness this time around.
  11. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

ttobey wrote:
    thats just amazing !! ty
    for the heroic boss of the expansion the loot is kinda... not much reason to go back except alt loot from what i see. faction merchant seems decent but worse then raid loot.
    Im HOPING there's some zomgah item on there i just havent seen yet.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaeablock Guest

Dozekar is probably one of the easiest fights in the update. You literally don't do a thing to win. Tank tanks, healers heal, dps dpses on the adds. Win.
    What the heck is wrong with people anymore?
  13. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Gaeablock wrote:
    Maybe as a defiler, but its actually one of the hardest tanking encounters in the game.

You must keep the adds off the group, you must position them away from healers, you must hold aggro off the group, and you must stay alive, and you must not rip aggro off the golem with your blue AE positionals.

Also, with the encounter 100% AOE autoattack reduction on a defiler, the fight is probably much easier.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Gaeablock wrote:
    Most simply want to sub, visit the zones and have the loot mailed or handed to them regardless of the outcome.
    It is no different than the meteor storm being made to have as much affect on you as a bag of marshmallows falling off a shelf onto your head.
    • 3+ second warning gong
    • A HUGE red message telling you you might oughta move
    • A clearly drawn out circle of the area of destruction
    None of this was enough, given all this and standing still and getting killed didn't cause people to actually be able to improve their play they simply came to the forums and said it was too hard.
    Now all that talk about how raiding requires third party tools etc. can be tossed out the window because the people that couldn't understand and react to this simply do not deserve to get any loot, sadly SOE seems to think that they do, and lots of it, even mythicals. I'm not so sure that anything in those zones can actually kill you, unless you just choose to allow it to happen.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If you do it right there is no chance of ripping agro off the golem to start with.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Let me explain.
    If the dragon gets close and your near it, and you use moves like "Insolence", "Grave Sacrament" and "Jeering Onslaught" the hitbox is big enough, you might rip off the golem.
    Regardless of the amount of hate the golem has, it will raise you one hate position over it and rip the dragon, instantly destroying your group if your close enough.
  17. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yes, and that is why the previous poster stated "If you do it right".
    -YOU- obviously do it wrong (imagine that!).
    Dont keep the dragon on top of the group. Have the Golem tank it somewhat away from the group. Close enough so that you can range DPS it while no adds are up, but well out of close melee range, so the very thing you have problems with, doesn't happen /gasp!
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Geothe wrote:
    The big bad dragon comes back to the middle every minute 30 second.

And it all depends on whose tanking on how close the dragon can be, some tanks have 30 meter range AOE positionals.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaeablock Guest

Your golem team needs to react quicker, Tal. Our dragon only makes 1-2 cat-like leaps before the next golem has him. We never allow the dragon into tank range. All extra dps on Dozekar is ranged.
  20. ARCHIVED-UnseenTC Guest

Also, using a 30 meter positional threat effect might not be the best idea if you see a giant red dragon next to you.