Underdepths: Dozekar the Cursed is Rediculous...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

it would still be JUST as hard, and the fight JUST as epic if he had half his Health Pool... without giving me carpel tunnel.
    It would just make the fight less tedious and make the achievement easier and more realistic to get.

To be honest, the mount dropping thing is really stupid, they shouldn't add a give-away mount as a 0.2% drop, Mounts shouldn't be drops, they should be "achievements' for doing a hard zone in a fast time, AND no-trade.

Mount should be no-trade/achievement for the entire group for doing the zone (including Dozekar.) in 30-40 minutes.

This feat would be reasonably hard, and I don't think everyone could do it, but it was also take the grind factor out of it, and be more of a race.
  2. ARCHIVED-Emperors Guest

Has it occured to anyone that maybe this particular encounter, being the boss of the game update, isn't meant to be beaten with less than a full set of level 92 gear from all four heroic zones? The new gear is better than the EM x4 DoV raid gear and some of it is better than the HM x4 DoV raid gear. All of you who are complaining that this fight is too hard and can't be beaten in heroic gear, what kind of gear are you wearing? Are you full level 92 heroic geared? If not, then I would suggest you farm the heck out of the rest of the zones/named and come back to this encounter in a month or so when you have better gear. This fight will be MUCH easier then.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Twistone@Permafrost wrote:
    EM Skyshrine --> UD --> HM Skyshrine is what I was told.
    So its not the end boss, unless you are saying EM Skyshrine --> HM Skyshrine --> UD
  4. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

The only change that really should be done with this fight is make the spawned adds move a bit slower.
    Give the tank a chance to target them and hopefullly get agro on them before the adds smash a healer.
  5. ARCHIVED-Emperors Guest

Wurm wrote:
    You didn't answer my question though. What kind of gear are you using? Is it all level 92 Heroic gear from the pervious zones/named?
    Dozekar is the boss of the game update regardless of EM/HM. Just because EM Dozekar is difficult to kill, but entry HM heroic content can be killed doesn't mean he is out of progression.
    An example: HM Statue was much more difficult than the first named in HM Sullon. Does that mean it was out of progression? No. Statue was the boss of original DoV. He was meant to be hard.
    It's the same thing here. EM Heroic Dozekar is the boss of EM Heroic. He's supposed to be tough until everyone in group has either all level 92 EM heroic gear from all the named before him or a mix of that and some level 92 HM heroic gear.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Twistone@Permafrost wrote:
    For you to ask that means you haven't read the whole thread.
    I'm wearing a mix of EM/HM RAID gear from DOV1 + all the Access quest pieces and nicer fabled from DOV2
    It isn't the gear...
  7. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Inflated HP fights to make the fight difficult are fine, see Hardmode Valdemar (lol 45 minute first kills) I'm guessing it's group set ups for most people not stacking the deck for dps but instead for hugely defensive set ups. Monk inq bard 3 dps. You know it makes sense.
  8. ARCHIVED-UnseenTC Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    The annoying part is the inflated HP doesn't make the fight any more difficult, just longer. You could reduce the hitpoints by a third and it wouldn't be any harder than it is now, it would just go quicker. The fight doesn't change a single bit past 80%, so if you can get the mob down even to 70%, you can kill it. The fight isn't too hard, it's just terribly boring killing the same adds for 20 minutes.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Since I don't play any of those classes I'm going to disagree.
    And inflated hitpoint fights are lazy crappy ways to make things hard. I'd rather not get carpal tunnel having fun.
  10. ARCHIVED-arthemis1er Guest

Geothe wrote:
    No, this will not change the lenght of the fight but make it easier.
    I'm fine with the difficulty of this fight but the lenght due to the absurd high health of Dozekar just makes it tediously long.
    Have the sentinel have more damage and we are fine (in fact this is the best solution as lowering health of Dozekar would make it just too easy as with a good group, you can burn the adds fast enough to turn to Dozekar and with lower health this would be SUPER fast to down him)
  11. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    I play a conjy, defiler and SK. So I shouldn't be allowed to tank or heal through this zone because it doesn't make sense?
    I've cleared the zone with all 3 characters, btw.
  12. ARCHIVED-FarinIX Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Orest_X Guest

After a couple of fights, I reckon the easiest way to this with a pick up group is going with two tanks, like a shadowknight and bruiser or monk;of course it works also fine with only one tank, unless he misses the adds after 15min because he did not pay attention and you have to start over again... 2 tanks are really way better.
    Not the fastest way, but the safest to get all the adds during the fight.

Another version we tried is that the tank himself is steering the Golem and getting the adds as well. The group then just burns the adds, but this is a rather risky way and needs a good group setup.
  14. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

we run this a few times a day, we always get the utility to get in the golem, weather it be a bard, or chanter.
    we run it set up like this, sk or zerk tanking, inquis, and defiler healing , either a bard or chanter for utility, and the last 2 spots for dps. a leather healer works in place of the chain but for us when we take a leather healer with it usualy takes a few pulls to kill.
    the add group parked accross the room from the ramp, thats where the utility parks his body. pull the dragon to the top of the ramp, tank pull adds, burn adds. you pull him far away from the group so when the golem wears off ,before the utility reclicks his staff he has time to get a temp or two off and still have time to click the staf and reposition the dragon. if you have high enough dps and burn the adds fast you can dps the dragon a little.
    this is not a hard fight,this isnt even the hardest fight in the zone. it dont need changed .
  15. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

This fight isn't particularly hard, although there's very little margin for error with the adds. With sufficient DPS, it's just burn and repeat, so it makes for a tedious and boring fight, but not one that really requires a lot of skill or coordination.
    What I dislike about the fight is that it turns the players into spectators. We should be the ones fighting the dragon, not the remote controlled robot. Have the golem kill the adds while the players kill the dragon and this would be a much better fight.
  16. ARCHIVED-FarinIX Guest

My ideal setup is me (paladin), Inq, Chain/Leather heals, bard, mage dps. 6th toon gets the suit. The key is good tanking. When the adds spawn, there are three mobs with different names and different purposes. The add named "a dreadscale pacifier" will always spawn with a healer targeted. So as a tank, all you have to do is create a macro:
    /target a dreadscale pacifier
    Spam this macro between add fights, and you'll target that guy right when he spawns. Use your longest ranged taunt when he's in range and you're golden. You're healer will never get one-shotted.
  17. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

So.. whats the droprate on this mount?

Seems kind of silly for a mount to have a 0.2% droprate when it was given away for free.

Can the droprate be upped to say, 10%?
  18. ARCHIVED-Gyee Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    While, yes, this is hand holding... its hilarious for two reasons.
    1) when people still stand in the big yellow circle and explode.
    2) when people in voice chat yell, "GET OUT", "RING", "VOMG, I'm gonna die!!!", etc.
    Imho, It was an interesting flavor to a fight. As does the skeletal "vile prisons". and people getting feared while you're rocking fearless moral is funny. Like ... "where's everyone going"... oh.. your feared "incoming".
    Back on subject, Dozekar .... meh.. still on the fence about it. My original thought is that its less fun, more watch one person play rock'em sock em while you stay on your toes for adds.. one froggies opinion though.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hukklebuk Guest

Impact@Splitpaw wrote:

What do you want then? A dungeon you can run in ten minutes to equip your alt brigade?
    Having run the circle from here (being EQ2), to WoW, to Rift, to SWTOR and back.. I'll gladly run it several times over. You want crap, real crap...? go play SWTOR where HARD MODE raiding is less difficult than an EQ2 dungeon, you can equip your alt brigade there incredibly quickly with only two more people than an EQ2 group! THE LOOTS AWAIT!
  20. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Dozekar=easiest fight in UD period. This from a troub that cleared in WL quest gear and a few pieces of SS quest/instance gear, in a pug group in SS/WL quest/instance gear, on day 2 of SS release. The fight is stupid long, and the only check is DPS.
    take the group to the back of the platform, opposing the ramp, golem person stands 1-2 pillars away from the group, pet pull Dozekar, pull doze back against either pillar next to the ramp, go get coffee/donuts/beer/etc, refresh golem and repeat till dead.
    Sure, the group is too far away to DPS....but your idiotic tank that doesn't know how to NOT pull the giant red dragon won't be using his insolent gibe and ganking it over to trample the group. Just hope the rest of the group is competent enough to handle the adds, its a minor DPS check, which, bugs aside, is incredibly simple, long, and stupid boring.
    Dozekar, fun the first time...for a minute or 2...then the novelty wears off and you realize you did the SAME thing in Dungeon Maker....but with a cooler looking avatar...then your just bored while the rest of the group kills adds.
    UD EM = kill names, power through em with 300K dps; if your group can't do this....you already failed anyways, give up and go home; exceptions being-the bottom floor, main guy-golem-main-golem, yada yada...then malteor flamecaller when he spawns adds, kill the named add, then back to malteor, ignore the rest till the fights over....Dozekar...scroll up.
    There is absolutely NOTHING difficult about EM UD.

*edit*
    Great part about this strat, is when it bugs and does something stupid like the stoneskin or whatever, just run him down the ramp, you get maybe half way, he wing beats throws you the rest of the way, leashes, and your back in your body with the group...rinse repeat pull until you have a good one.