Ultra Rare?...new harvestable

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ratza, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

Can't you turn that argument the other direction too? There isn't much difference between AoM rare food and ToT, so either use the much easier to obtain AoM era food, or pony up for the ToT rares.

At this point, altering the rarity of the ToT rares is a moot point. In 3 months nobody is going to care because there will be a new rare food. Start making your arguments why the next one shouldn't be ultra rare.

Though my personal opinion would be to make both a rare and an ultra rare for next tier. So you'd have handcrafted, mastercrafted and fabled mastercrafted food available with the next expansion. It would also be incredibly difficult to argue that the top food needs to be made less rare when you basically have 3 rarities in the ingredients all in the same node.

And if you wanted to make a concession for raiders, put the ultra rare on the big boss' loot table. I don't think anyone will complain.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

ok i want next one not to be ulra RARE , so i dont have to go 2 expansions back to harvest nodes for food and water
    i also like to harvest in new zones with the added bonus of not having to harvest only 1 special node , i might not be able to use the stuff but i can trade it/sell it ( and the higher chance of getting transcendent spellshards/foundations )
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

IMO...Food rares should never be ULTRA rare! The minor difference between AoM rare food and ToT Ultra rare food doesn't justify making the harvestables more rare...add to the issue is the lack of open zones/amount of harvestables in ToT.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Also the fact that it is the only tier that requires separate rares for food and drink whereas all the other tiers only have 1 rare harvest that makes food OR drink
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

I totally agree.
    i was just replying to the above post that said i should make my case about next expansion.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Expand on that. Why shouldn't food materials be ultra rare? Just asserting it isn't compelling.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

You realize that rare food started with AoM? You can't appeal to the history of crafting when the entire idea of rare food was 1 year old when they made ToT and split it into 2 rares. If anything, after implimenting rare food the dev had this idea that splitting it into 2 rares was better. I personally don't agree, but it honestly doesn't matter. Or can you make an argument on why it matters?

This entire thread illustrates why I was dead set against rare food ever being introduced. It was a bad idea, but its an equally bad idea to remove it so now we're stuck with it.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

I agree that these rares are WAY too rare. You devs gave provisioners some lovin (good job) but you screwed them on the materials. Please increase the drop rate and/or add them to the pack pont and goblin.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Crastinal Active Member

Because provisioner is the only class that has to spend 2 fuels to make a combine (kindling + liquid or dough, that are NOT refunded on writs, btw). That alone was a good reason not to bother with rares at all except for very special recipes. That was the mechanic of the class until AoM, when dough was dropped from most combines (but not liquids). Now the provisioner is on the very enviable situation where in order to produce the goodies everyone and their dog wants you have to spend most of your day harvesting nodes by hand, because the pony and the goblin don't bring those rares. Still using two fuels for half the combines. And, of course, it's the only class with that privilege, because why not?

I'd love to read a good reasoning for why this is a good idea ("because the devs said so" is not very compelling either). I'm not holding my breath, though.
    Prissetta and ZUES like this.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

And let's mention that the "rare root" price has bottomed out because you get like 30 them while out harvesting for the ultra rare 2 food/drink harvests. Nobody is wearing MC gear this late in the expansion, so all these rare roots are pretty much useless. You can only make so many house items from rare roots before that item is not really needed for 1p on the broker.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

First thing, complaining about an extra 11c per recipe when your fuel costs are over 1p seems silly. Second, if you look at the price of kindling compared to the rest of the fuels you'll realize that until you get to Etherial the kindling cost half of what the other fuels cost. Third, this entire line of reasoning has no correlation to the rarity of materials. If everything was changed with dough, water and fuel it wouldn't have any relevance to the topic at hand.

Also provisioners aren't the only class with ultra rare materials. Why do you think I call the Victory Nuts drop rate Ultra Rare? Because it matches the drop rate of T8+ Spellshards and Foundations. By the way, that affects 3 different Tradeskills and every player in the game x30. People are a bit more understanding when it comes to GM spells, because people expect them to be extremely difficult to obtain.

Now as for Dev's reasons to make the ToT provisioner rare components ultra rare? Not a clue. Sorry, I'm not privy to the inner workings of the dev team. Then again, I'm not the one trying to convince them to make a change. If I was I'd probably try to convince them that ToT's rare recipes are more necessary than AoM's rare recipes and that someone needs the extra little umph from that to do...something. Well, good luck with that.
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

Look at the price of rares in every tier. Roots are always going to be the cheapest. Roots are the most common rare, and the leist needed. There just isn't much to do with rare roots, and a big demand for common roots. Adding rare roots to the provisioner nodes just compounded the problem. Adding ultra rares to it in ToT just made it more noticeable and accelerated the inevitable decline. It didn't cause the price collapse, it just accelerated it.
    Laiina likes this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Nearly two months later, 33 votes on this, and still unresolved. If you're really interested in seeing this fixed, I'd suggest you go upvote it. :D
    Anatha and Prissetta like this.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

With the deadline approaching for the next expansion you really think dev is going to take time to "fix" something that isn't game breaking?
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Umm, how long would you anticipate it would take them to fix something like this? A couple minutes to change some coding for the next update? I am sure it's just a simple matter of changing a bit of already existing coding. :D
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Sure is a good market for them though. Being ultra rare and all. I'm getting 2000 plat ea on the broker.

Didn't like it at first, but the buff is not all that much better than Stormthorns (which are much easier to find)...so when I do pick them up while I'm out hunting for umbral pelts, its a nice item to sell.