Ultra Rare?...new harvestable

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ratza, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

Why are the new harvestables to make food/drink ultra rare? It is for a consumable item not an item that can be worn....good grief! Additionally, there are simply not enough harvestable nodes in ToT, especially the fungi plants.....harvesting in ToT has been a joke and now you add this kind of mechanic to a less than optimal harvesting area!!!

Can this be changed to RARE instead of ultra rare....and please add more harvestables!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Last night harvesting food nodes in Thalumbra:
    over 20 full stacks of food, over 30 rare roots, 5 rare food harvests.
    Harvesting stats: 703 gathering, 77% bountiful harvest 8% extra rare chance.

Yes, the new food and drink is better then what stormthorn makes, but they are not THAT much better....
    Leonitas likes this.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

I don't think the number of fungus nodes is low. Honestly I've never had any trouble finding them, even yesterday when everybody else was in Zek. But the harvesting chance of getting the new food rare is miserably low.
    Daalilama and Leonitas like this.
  4. Trilly Active Member

Not only are they ultra rare...I am getting a lot of the deepstone root rare instead from the fungus. Could you please fix that so that the root come from the root node and the food rares come from the fungus?
    Kittybock and Leonitas like this.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

IMO...any more than 1-2 harvesters and you run out of nodes.....ToT overland is small compared to overland for harvesting in other zones/xpacs.
    Moonfyre, Daalilama and Leonitas like this.
  6. Xillean Well-Known Member

I did a 6hr bountiful harvest pot, I got 4 victornuts and 7 battle plantins. I mean really? oh and 104 root, shoot me pls and for the love of God take the damned root of the shroom node.
  7. Sydnye Member

Please get rid of the roots in the plants! Oh and why are there 2 kinds of rares for food and drinks this time? I harvested for a couple hours got 2 plantains O of the others, but plenty of rare roots o_O. There really needs to be more plants, considering the outside area to harvest isn't really that large of an area, the ultra rare factor is crazy.
    Quillyne, Leonitas and Xillean like this.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

I did a bountiful pot too ....I got 3 plantains and 4 victornuts.....for 6+ hours of harvesting!!!

I also wonder why 2 different rares....why not make it the same as AoM's new food rare and only have 1 rare.... and give it a regular rare drop rate instead of this ultra rare nonsense.
  9. Cixi Member

I'm finding more translucent spellshards than the actual new food rare.Spawn rate is either way too low or simply not worth it.
  10. Xillean Well-Known Member

^ this, so much this :(
    Mercychalice, Prissetta and Leonitas like this.
  11. Morrdredd Member

Please fix the drop rate... these rares should not be rarer than getting a spell shard or foundation... stormthorns were so easy to get... and for the love of goddesses I have so many rare roots and nothing to do with them... no poisons to make or anything...
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Spent about an hour and 1/2 harvesting in Thalumbra prior to raid...which gave me countless untold regular rares and 1 dam new food/drink rare...when I can get about 5 foundations/spellshards for gm spells which themselves have a piss poor drop rate over the new food/drink rare...Houston we have a problem.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

Could someone please fill me in on these new Provi recipes. I am guessing from the posts here that the materials are from the ToT nodes however I cannot find any info on where to find the recipe itself. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  14. Ratza Well-Known Member

Check with your tradeskill merchants (the one that sells the crafting books) in your guild hall. That's where I bought mine.
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Xillean Well-Known Member

Your guild hall recipe vendor has a new one for advanced 100 provy, node is the fungal growth in tot
  16. Avithax Well-Known Member

Tyvm for responses
    Ratza likes this.
  17. Ratza Well-Known Member

Went out harvesting early last night...IMPOSSIBLE during prime time on my server....once again if there are more than 1-2 harvesters you are sool....so tried again today in what I would consider off time (mid day) and same situation....2 others getting all the fungi nodes....no opportunity for a 3rd to harvest unless I want only the dens/roots (useless). /sigh

I honestly do not think a lot of thought went into this addition of rares and limiting it to ToT which is a really small area of land.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

I am on skyfire as well, your not joking :/ Ive tried all kinds of times but its contently being hoovered so I gave up.
    Ratza likes this.
  19. Ratza Well-Known Member

How about it Devs....can we get the deepstone roots removed from fungi and up the drop rate of the new rares to match regular rare drops? Pretty please....:)
    Moonfyre and Xillean like this.
  20. Morrdredd Member

How about putting nodes in the new zone? and adding more harvest nodes in ToT.. it really is ridiculous that the best place to harvest is in front of the entrance to outer Maldura.. and the other places are sparse and far between, especially when killing mobs just to get to the node... add stuff to craft that is worth using all of these roots ... fix the drop rates for thaumic material, which should drop more than the rares... which should drop more than the spellshards etc... consistency for tradeskilling has always been lacking...
    Quillyne, Xillean and Prissetta like this.