Ultra Rare?...new harvestable

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ratza, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

except Tier 11 the AoM tier. they did take the rare root out of that one.
  2. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Having a difficult time even getting these, but I have a nice amount of Deepstone root. *sigh*
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

please up the drop rate on these
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It seems that when I do get lucky with my harvesters that I get three Battle Plantains (drink) to every Victornut (food).
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

I gave up harvesting for these... time sink for food?...not enough fungi...very rare drop...not cool...not game breaking...and not my idea of fun. IMO....Major fail by the devs.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Marranda Active Member

LOL some people have the Lucky dice even on harvesting, I can harvest 6 full hours with every trade skill item running that I have, and get 1 or 2 either food or drink rares, and 25 to 30 deeproot, which ofc is useless for food and drink needs. Yet others can go and harvest 10 mins and get 1 of each needed for food and drink. Again this is the random roll coming into play! So if your dice are bad then u need to spend days to harvest what you need. Sadly I have unlucky dice :confused:

Oo and btw I never got even 1 spell rare in 6 hours either! so guess I have really bad dice! hehe
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Amberdina New Member

Can we have adjustments to these nodes please? The rare foodstuffs are INDEED Ultra-rare (to have both).

1) Please just make it one item. Either the battle plantain or the victornut. NOT BOTH. Like in all the previous tiers.
    2) Remove rare root from the fungal outgrowths. There is just too many of these rare root now.

Those two adjustments should align it to what we've been used to, taking care of the rare harvest chance and the amount of supply.

If not BOTH of the suggestions, then I guess upping the drop rate substantially.

Really though. Just please make this what we've been used to in T11. Please Please?

Its so bad that I'm barely willing to even harvest this stuff anymore, as I'll generally pull in a spellshard and 40 rare roots before I even have BOTH the rare foodstuffs in like a 2 hour harvesting session. (yeah. I might have obtained 3 victornuts in that time, but not the other)
    Mizgamer62 and Ratza like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I would like to complain about this also. And some guy said this food and drink was "cheap". Wish I was a big baller like him.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

ToT rare roots need to be removed from the food/drink nodes. I went out harvesting the other night, and got 25 ToT roots before I was able to get 2 rare food/drink rares.

I'd gladly make use of all of these ToT rare roots to make poisons, but alas, new poison recipes didn't happen in ToT and all those rare roots are good for is to make Mastercrafted cloth armor. If I need to make rare poisons, I have to head back to AoM zones to harvest rare roots. I've not made house furniture in several years, so I'm not sure if carpenters can make use of rare ToT roots to make carpets and drapes.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Just going to update this thread saying that it was only tier 10 & 11 (ashenbone clover and stormthorns) all the rest of the tiers still have rare roots on the nodes.

I do 100% think they should have removed the rare root from the TOT fungal node for certain though. It's brutal getting the food/drink rares especially since they put in a different one for each thing.
    Ishuna, Belenos, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  11. Ruckus Well-Known Member

202 rare ToT roots, and nothing to do with them..to the point I have a hard time calling them "rare" anymore. I could have several mage friends come back to the game now, and I'd easily hand them over a full set of MC gear.
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The root rare should be removed from all food nodes. There is a root node in each tier, the root rare should be on that and that alone.

Please fix the food nodes in all tiers and up the drop rate from ToT fungus.

Cyrrena
    Ishuna and Belenos like this.
  13. Amberdina New Member

Please for the love of God and all that is holy: FIX THESE NODES!

Harvesting gear and Pegasus Mount
    ~680 harvesting skill, 1 potion of bountiful harvests and 1 harvester's balm for the first hour. (8% rare harvest chance)

2 HOURS of Harvesting ONLY Food nodes and this is the result:

I GOT 2 SPELLSHARDS IN THAT TIME AND ONLY 1 Victornut and 39 Roots!

[IMG][IMG]

I GIVE UP UNTIL THIS IS CHANGED! lol
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

Spellshards and other "ultra rare" harvests arn't on the Rare Harvest Chance table. So upping your Rare Harvest Chance is only going to net you more of the "regular" rares.

Actually from the information that I've gathered you had an exceptionally good harvesting run. Most people don't get 3 ultra rare items in 2 hours. Most people don't get any. So if that is too low for you, yes you should avoid harvesting ToT because its going to average out for you and you won't like the results.
  15. Amberdina New Member

It WOULD have been an exceptionally good harvesting run, except for the fact that I was SEEKING rares, not ultra rares (I got 2 ultra rares in that time, not 3). The entire point of this is about 2 new types of food "rares" along side rare roots, being in the Food Nodes, thus making it a nightmare to acquire 1 of each type.

Don't misunderstand. 2 spellshards is nice! But looks like I'm gonna sell one and buy like 2, maybe 3 "rares" with the plat from selling it!

Thanks for helping give this post a bump though. I do want Dex or Domino or whomever, to finally see it, :D
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

You seem to be operating under a serious misconception. You got 39 rares in 2 hours. The only rares from ToTs provisioner nodes are roots. The 2 "rare foods" found on ToT's provisioner nodes are infrequent enough to be classified as ultra-rare. They are in the frequency rate expected for Spellshards/Foundations of the same tier.

The whole thread is a complaint about the extremely high rarity of a consumable item. Ignoring the facts of the matter and pretending that its "only a rare and it should be equal to roots" isn't doing yourself or anyone else here a favor. Say what you want to say, stop beating around the bush like a passive aggressive girlfriend.
  17. Amberdina New Member

Excuse me? Say what I want to say , stop beating around the bush like a passive aggressive girlfriend? Wow. Just Wow. You're a jerk apparently. I said exactly what I wanted to say. Why don't you stop pretending to be psychic? Don't you think that might have been exactly what I did want to say? No. You're just going to be a jerk bout other peoples thoughts.
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I had to laugh here. What an unintended (I think) play, considering the whole thread is based on exactly that!
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That's the problem right there. For something as consumable as food, it should not be so difficult to find.
    Ratza, Amberdina and Prissetta like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They need to up the drop rate of the food rares in most of the tiers and remove the root rares from the food nodes. I harvested more than 6 hours in ToT over 2 days and got 2 victornuts and 1 battle plantain from the fungus nodes and got more than 20 deepstone roots from the fungus nodes and root nodes, about 50/50 on those. I don't need all the root rares, I need food rares which is why I am harvesting food nodes.

Cyrrena
    Mercychalice, Amberdina and Prissetta like this.