Two handed

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Jedicake, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Bchizzle Active Member

If you cant beat a brawler tanking while in reckless you are just bad.
    Epixz likes this.
  2. Epixz Member

doesnt a larger portion of crusader comes from spell you know those thing that instantly reset and not consume the timer if it s resisted unlike a missed CA.
    I love how you always cry about you were in reckless and it didnt help your auto attack, i m sure you might even complain it reduce the % of dps generate by your autoattack.
    So AoA was 2 group and hert got buffed while you didnt get any good buff and he destroyed you on a parse Waaaaaah. get into a group with inqui mystic illy troub wizzard with your SK and i m sure you ll be able to destroy the MT parse, but then again i m sure your guildmate love you so much the illy would get UT, the wiz illy inqui would be the only ones to get bolster/RoA just to spite you.
  3. Bchizzle Active Member

Lets not forget his spells double attack too.
  4. Jacck Active Member

Duele, do you time your auto attacks? Because it isn't automatically "free" dps, you still have to know what you are doing and not delay your auto's. I would love to see the parses but only if you include the average delay between swings in your act parse. Otherwise, I'll just see it as you are intentionally skewing your information.
  5. Sneaka New Member

Alright I apologize for the unneeded bump but I thought I should clarify this for anyone that was looking for raw what's what with 2H vs Dual Wield just because these forums seem to be highly lacking in actual knowledgeable players about how their stuff works.

Dual Wielding ~ Your Primary weapon may - Flurry, Multi-Attack, AE auto attack
    Your Off-hand weapon may- Multi-Attack, AE auto attack

If you have the resources for it dual wielding offers a more stable damage board value for the damage range. Aside from items being able to proc more potentially there really shouldn't be a phenomenal difference in the damage between 2H and 1Hx2 unless the items literally dry up into nothing for you raiders. But.... your 2h weapon flurries will be far higher damage per flurry so if you're really stacked on flurry you benefit more from a 2H in my eyes.
  6. Silzin Active Member

Sorry, but the only thing that the Main hand does that the off hand does not do when DWing is the Main hand Ripostes. other then that the off hand does everything that the main hand does. a ACT Special Attacks Report of a DW class will tell it, just make sure the character has a different weapon type in main and off hands.

the largest difference between DW and 2h is the number of procs that you get. i think thats about it.
  7. Sneaka New Member

literally just tested this with my little Cleaver of the Draconic Defender (6 delay) and a white trash item with 2.5 delay.

No matter what I looked at, only the primary weapon would proc flurry, off hand will not flurry. I had all buffs off and cleared my dmg runes as well just to be sure there was no interference. At 23% flurry (low i know) I would still have seen the 2.5s delay weapon activating multiple flurry procs in-between the 6s delay weapon. My combat log also shows no signs of flurry from the off-hand.

Edit : sorry just had to be sure but unless you mean different weapon type as in Slashing/Piercing/Crushing I haven't noticed a flurry from the off-hand but I will go grab an item here in a moment with different dmg type to verify.

Edit2: My apologies Silzin, it does appear that the weapon in off hand is activating flurry while I use a crushing and slashing weapon mix. I find it somewhat odd that it won't simply work with 2 weapons regardless of type but thank you for the clarification.
  8. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Damage type (piercing/slashing/crushing) doesn't matter. There was probably a flaw in your testing method.
  9. Silzin Active Member

ya, inorder to see that the off hand is doing something different from the main hand you have to have a different type of damage so ACT shows them differently.