Two handed

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Jedicake, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jedicake New Member

I'll try to make this short, probably been five years since I've played this, forgot nearly everything. Is there any class that can do decent two hand dps?
  2. Cyrde Member

Crusaders do more DPS with a decent 2H-weapon. Dunno about the rest, because they can dual-wield.
  3. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Any character who can wield 2-handed weapons can do decent DPS with them, though generally a class that can dual-wield will be better off with two one-handed weapons. However, if you can obtain a really nice 2Her, say a Fabled raid drop, that will often be better than two Legendary 1Hers from heroic content. It just all depends on the content you are clearing and the weapons you have access to. Basically, there isn't a large enough difference between DPS output of a pair of 1Hers and and equivalent 2Her that you'd hear any complaints.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Cheeseman is correct in that any class that can DW will benefit more in PvE combat by Dual Wielding.
    - Brawlers
    - Warriors
    These are your tank classes that can DW, Brawlers arguably can parse either very well but Warriors do better with DW for dps. In PvP combat however a 2 hand will usually go better due to player-resistances.
  5. Duele Active Member

DW > 2h

Which is why the Fighters that can DW always choose to do so over using a 2h unless they get ahold of a 2h that is better tier quality.

On paper it looks like DW = 2h but in practice it is not true and hasn't been for a long time. Been a lot of years trying to convince SOE to increase 2h to rival DW.
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

2H is better for aoe stuff with 100% aoe attack but for tanking and all out dps the 2 4sec are still king.
  7. Netty Member

Its not. 2 weapons = 7 targets that can be hit. Also since you get procs off your offhand aswell it gets better. I have heard so many times by ppl that 2handers is so good for aoe stuff but tbh its not. not vs DWing anyways.
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

unless this was changed and not posted only the main hand can proc anything and it's 4 aoe targets not 7. dw you can hit *different* targets thus hitting more mobs aoe but you're not getting more damage from procs and that's why i said that for tanking two 4sec weapons were still king.
  9. Bchizzle Active Member

Both hands dont trigger procs. But DW is superior because of many factors.
  10. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I don't see how a 2h weapon would be better DPS with AE attacks, unless you are one-shotting stuff. Your relative DPS should increase per target the same as with a 2h weapon, since off-hand attacks activate flurries, multiattacks, etc equally.
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

2H being better for ae got changed like, 2 years ago. It hasn't been the case for awhile.

Nor are 2hs better than DW on paper anymore. Two easymode raid COE 1 handed weapons is better than the general teku 2h for warriors and brawlers. 2Hs are just awful. New pirate kings 2hs aren't even good compared to pirate kings 1h + teku 1h.

Also as a crusader I wouldn't even bother using a 2h because 25 wdb on a 1h when using shield + the fact that you get ~33% more damage procs over using a 2h is enough of a reason for me to never take off my shield.
  12. Netty Member

I just tested to remove my main hand weapon just using off-hand and get procs off. So either it change if you have a main hand on or its just wrong. Also you get more than 4 targets dwing. Test it out. Correct me if im wrong about the procs tho thats just how i tough it was but it can just be that the testing is wrong.
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

2H is just more raw damage on aoe targets and it's easier to get one good 2H than it is to get two good 4's (mainly because no one wants them so they sell)

i'd say that a 2H is still better damage for a crusader in reckless since the shield offers nothing in return. sure you might get a few more procs off but it's still not going to do more damage. actually it's probably going to do about the same damage but it's just simpler to have a 2H with beast dps red's on it and a shield/1H with defensive red's on it.
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

either it got ninja changed or you're just swinging with your bare fist or some other buggy crap.
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

i agree two 4's demolish a 2H on most anything in game quality being equal.
  16. Duele Active Member

Everybody knows DW > > 2h and yet for the classes that 2h is supposed to be the best option to DPS we can't ever get these bumped to level they should be.

Take away shield requirement for Knights Stance and bam, problem solved.
  17. Bchizzle Active Member

That would be incredibly OP for just one archetype.
  18. Duele Active Member

How? You, and many others, have already stated 2h DPS is inferior to DW DPS. Furthermore there are plenty of parses showing Brawler auto attack DPS surpassing Crusader DPS by 30-40% easily. Crusaders can't DW so it won't increase DW DPS. Not to mention that Crusaders get less DPS from auto attack than any of the other Fighters.

Really, your claim has no basis.
  19. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Have you considered that Crusaders having weaker auto-attack DPS than Brawlers could be an intentional design choice?
  20. Bchizzle Active Member

We have been over this. Knights stance or whatever its called is a flat multiplier and as weapon damage grows it will eventually need to be nerfef hard. Your claim about brawler auto attack dps is a strawman because you load up on potency vs a brawler who would do crit bonus. 30-40% auto attack difference can easily be accounted with that and combat mastery. But seriously change all your potency slots to crit bonus and group all night with a brawler so you get cm and come back and provide proof of your rediculous claims.