Two handed

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Jedicake, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Duele Active Member

Some updates about discrepency in DPS for 2h versus DW.

First to once again prove Blanka wrong grouped with the Bruiser in a group during raid last night and auto attack was still 30% lower with me using the best 2h disco'd on our server versus his DW.

Second, the continual claim that SK DPS is already high enough is wrong when compared to lets say Bruiser DPS. Bruiser not in recklessness tanking on named fights can easily DPS as much as a SK in Recklessness on named fights as told by ACT last night since Hert was forced to tank.

Third, the only time a SK will out parse lets say a Bruiser when they are both Reckless is when there are 3+ mobs for the duration of the named Fight. Anything less a Reckless Bruiser will easily out parse a SK if they are doing their job right.

Finally, all those claiming that 2h isn't supposed to equal DW in DPS are wrong. And that's not my opinion.
  2. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

If you asked my to write a satirical post that exeplefies all the flawed arguments I was talking about in my last post, I don't think I could do any better than this.
  3. Duele Active Member

Take it as you will. Its very easy to pull up parses. I simply stated what happened. People can choose to be ignorant if they want, but its true.

And the last statement isn't my opinion.
  4. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Care to cite a source to support that? Currently, we have no reason to believe you other than your impeccable reputation for forthright honesty.
  5. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Yes, you're absolutely right. Your personal raid force's recent data is a representative sample of overall class balance. And there is no need for you to actually cite a source that corroborates your claim that dual wield are intended by design to output equal DPS.

To be clear, I am not even saying that you're wrong. Just that you have no more valid an argument than, "Nuh uh, I said so!"
  6. Duele Active Member

And this is exactly what is expected. So since there is no way to prove anything at all than everything should just stay as is right?

If that's the case than really nothing should have ever been changed at all since launch right?

Love this new method to try and keep good changes from being made.
  7. Silzin Active Member

But you see the Dev do have that Statistical Data that you are wanting, they look at how each class does in comparison to other classes and they can make changes to each as they see. but WE do not have ***** to that data.
  8. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Yeah, considering every frivolous change requested here on the forums would take valuable dev resources from developing new content and fixing actual problems, I'd assert that any issue that lacks sufficient evidence to prove its existence probably doesn't deserve priority.
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

I raided with Hert very recently as well and I see the same results in ACT. Hert at 154k ZW and myself at 116k ZW for autoattack. Call it what you want, but I'd say DW is hands down >2hers.
  10. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I agree that DW is better than 2H, I just don't agree that such results are necessarily counter to design goals. Also, you're both citing an extremely limited and biased data set, that being the raid parses of a single individual. I very, very highly doubt that Hert is representative of brawlers as a whole. You don't cite Michael Jordan's shot accuracy when discussing the average basketball performance, for example.

Only SOE has the datamining capabilities to properly analyze this issue. You can post every single parse from your guilds for the past 6 months, and its statistical relevance will still be negligible. You can assume all you want about relative DPS output, but you need to recognize that you don't really KNOW anything, you only have anecdotal evidence from an extremely limited set of circumstances, filled with uncontrolled variables. Because of this, any argument you make that relies on the validity of the claim that brawlers routinely outdamage crusaders is groundless, and amounts to nothing more than your heavily biased word against anybody else's.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

We're not discussing averages. Hert is a prime example of what you would look for. He exceeds expectations and puts up massive numbers. It's a fantastic illustration of what brawlers, in particular bruisers, are capable of. Maybe the only good tanks are brawlers and the rest of us just need to l2p, but I don't think crusaders that have been top of their class for years are falling victim to failing. There's a reason guilds swap in their alt brawlers on certain fights, and it's not to increase the challenge ; ).
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

Would be curious which mobs this happened on? And sure, go ahead and post parses.
  13. Bchizzle Active Member

Hert is simply a much better olayer than you. But I mean come on you had OP CM in your group all night and it didnt really help you much did it?

Also nobody said 2h should equal dw. Why the hell should getting one item be more rewarding than owning two? If it was sonething like the brawler mythical where you get two items then combine it then sure make them equal otherwise there should be some sort of penalty to 2h.
  14. Cyrde Member

No. For classes that can't DW, there shouldn't be a penalty on their only choice in DPS weapon. The penalty already is the time delay to switch back to sword/shield in combat wich takes longer than the one-click with dual wield.
  15. Epixz Member

Post parse? ho wait you cant cause you are making up 99.999999999999999999% of that stuff you post in your blinded attempt to return to shadowknight odyssey again.
    So also because a bruiser may or may not be outparsing you you want to nerf monk? yeah that makes sense.
    Also when did your opinion became facts?
  16. Duele Active Member

Which is exactly why I posted that 2h is supposed to equal DW in DPS.
  17. Duele Active Member

While tanking there is no reason a Monk can't parse just as well as a Bruiser. Sorry you don't understand that. Furthermore, auto attack is the same between both of those classes.

Auto attack is automatic DPS so any argument about the "skill" it takes to auto attack is silly.
  18. Duele Active Member

Yeah, I brought this argument up years ago. Of course in the case of Brawlers there is no time delay since they simply get to tank while DW'ing.
  19. Duele Active Member

Yes I had CM and the point is to show you that despite both have CM 2h is still far behind auto attack.....which in a previous post you said that I would have to have CM for balance. You were wrong.

And your point about 2h equal DW might make sense for ALL classes that get to do both. Really than why would any of them use a 2h even though they are made for them. This is exactly what is happening. I could partially agree here which is why I put up the point of giving Crusaders a boost through AAs to bring 2h up to par with DW'ing since they are the only class that is really going to choose to use a 2h to DPS. Easy fix is removing the shield restriction on Knights Stance which would actually bring auto attack up to where other classes are DW'ing. It would be unique to Crusaders who would still use 2h designed for them.

But than I guess we could start talking real world if thats what you want to do where 1 huge battle axe easily does way way way more damage than 2 little daggers.
  20. Duele Active Member

I can throw up the ZW of AoA later. We basically 2 grouped it with Hert MT'ing. ZW went Swash, Hert, Me. I was in Reckless, Hert wasn't.