TSO Stinks

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thumatos, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

first off, the pixie is a vetern reward, not part of the expansion...
    Let me guess, you did a "/who 50 59 all" and that is what you are basing your numbers on? That doesn't show you all the people who are anon or roleplaying....
  2. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    not to mention alot of people are prolly still loading the game, like me, i'm checking the forums while it's patching... maybe your attitude is why no one wants to group with you.....
  3. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    How about that 70 to 80 crowd that you omitted. And what someone else said could also be why not many ppl are on. you have people at work and ppl that are still patching. Calm down buy to night and over the weekend there will be lots of ppl on.
  4. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

You do know that High level players will be far more willing to mentor right? First because they get void shards either way and second because they get a HUGE AP XP bonus for mentoring, and the farther back they mentor the better.
    As for the zone locations... they are marked on the Map... but like with every other part of the map you accually have to GO THERE to remove the fog.
    Once the fog is removed the zone will be marked...
    As to why they are scattered all over norrath... it's because thats where the zones belong.
    Mistmoore's Sencutary belongs in LP, Nagena's Workshop belongs in LS, Mirigul's belongs in EF, and Befallen Belongs in CL
  5. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

Thats why it problem for me. I cant play during weekend usually. and after 4-5 pm on weekdays it difficult also because family.
  6. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    I knew this about the Expansion and foresaw that it would end up being a source of problems. I still bought it because of the new AA. But for content like zones it sucks as it is nothing but a forced grouping expansion.
    Hopefully this will change as the complaints roll in.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mooog Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    If your Higest level is 65.... there is a TON of content for you to explore (not including the expansion) Take your time little one and enjoy all the game has to offer.... you got all of RoK still to get through....

Don't be mad cause all of the 80's need more content... there is PLENTY of pre 80 content in the game....
  8. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    Maybe you should think of moving to one of the English EU servers, there Primetime ends about the same time yours seems to end if I did my math right. That way you don't have to worry about not having anyone to group with... also depending on your server there are generally guilds with Odd hours, if you could find one of those(try your server's board) it also would help alot.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mooog Guest

kela wrote:
    Those are two very good options....
  10. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

ya im headin to kylong right now.
  11. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    Well your time constraits because of family is understandable but doesnt mean the x pac sucks. Rok was mostly solo content, now its just time for the game to shift in the group/raid direction for a bit. You should have seen all the complaints about the lack of group/raid content when ROK came out. Not trying to be mean but how can you complain about the focus of the content when your unable to be on during the peak hours to play. SOE can make ppl play when your able, they also can focus on solo content 2 xpacs in a row.
    sorry bud.
  12. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    you should stick to EOF content until you can get atleast mastercrafted T8 gear. With ROK being geared to solo, they made soloing tougher. At 69 i was 50%/50% on killing or being killed my the driders just one lvl above me. Once i got T8 MC i havent had a problem if i only have one mob on me. Two will still kill me though.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Yeah because all the forced solo questing complaints made them change RoK expansion.
    Don't count on them changing anything.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nolrog Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    Wow. And the servers have been up what, 10 minutes now?
  15. ARCHIVED-Mooog Guest

Thumatos wrote:

Good Call!
  16. ARCHIVED-LadyMist Guest

It's funny how he mentions the low amount of people on in the different levels on expansion day when ALOT of people are still downloading...like me. I still have 1:30 left. Which if according to plan ends then will give me a whopping 28 min to play before I have to log for the day.
    And level 65 is the highest toon? Go explore that mass content out there that you haven't even touched that will level you to 80 in no time. You have EoF and RoK to discover. Be patient today is a bad day for population. New players still waiting on their boxes to arrive, others waiting for the DL, still others may be getting errors or problems activating ect ect. Tomorrow should be better for you grouping.

P.S. I haven't even recieved my retail box yet, my huge DL is just th update for this thing. I'm guessing t will be longer when I install the discs.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mooog Guest

LadyMist wrote:
    Once you are done this DL... you wont need to install from the dics... just enter your activation code and log in .... you'll be good to go and able to access the new content
    Cheers,
  18. ARCHIVED-MonkeyBobNz Guest

LadyMist wrote:
    Gahhh! Don't install the disks - you will have to re-download a bunch of stuff.
  19. ARCHIVED-Yella Guest

Kizee wrote:
    The overland questing was made that way because that is how the vast majority of players have leveled up historically. I don't doubt that some leveled in dungeons, but that isnt how most people did it. Heroic mobs were largely eliminated from overland zones in RoK because, again based on historical experience, those sorts of mobs in previous expansions were ignored by the player base.
    The main problem people had with RoK was the way itemisation was done. The group content drops were about right, but the overland stuff was way too strong.
    The biggest issue for both RoK and TSO IMO is the lack of intermediate content. Whatever there is is designed for solo play or full group play, there is very little inbetween. I think this is going to have a long term negative impact on the health of the game.
    The other problem of course was the epics. The time required to develop that content was time not spend on providing more general content post 80 for players of all playstyles. 24 quests of which only one was relevant to you means that 23/24ths of the dev time was wasted from an individuals point of view.
    These three things combined meant that there was not a lot of character progression available once you hit 80 (for both casual and hard-core players, soloers, small-groups, larger groupers alike).
    In TSO they have provided a ton of content for full groups, a little bit for soloers, and nothing inbetween, which makes the problems started in RoK far worse. I personally haven't bought the expansion for my two accounts, I saw what there was in beta and realized that there was little in it for me. Times are hard, and I'm not going to waste 80 bucks to support content for other people. Plus I hated the depressing colors used in the overland zone. I think they could have put a bit more effort into casual content, used smaller zones with more variety and provided some sort of progression path for those sorts of people, but they chose not to - the casual aspects of the game recieved lip service only. It is quite clear to me that they see casual content as a mechanism for people to level up only.
    I wish they would look at what sort of content the average account is spending its time on instead of the average time spent on particular content. They have neglected to do that in the last two expansions, which is going to clear out the casual spectrum of the subscription range. In the long run that is going to result in a game that caters to a smaller and smaller core of people who play a lot, which will ultimately strangle the supply of resources for further development.
    Btw, they DID address complaints about RoK, allmost all of subsequent content added was for full groups. Hopefully allmost all of content added after TSO will be for more casual players (since everyone is going on about "balance" between RoK and TSO content).
  20. ARCHIVED-Iani Guest

There is so much soloing content to get on while you're waiting for a group, I filled a whole journal while on beta And have some patience, some of us are still downloading the updates, and I haven't even received my preordered game yet