TSO Stinks

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Thumatos, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

Unless you are 75+ for the moors. the rest is heroic zones that are incredibly hard to find. all heroic content and for someone like me who plays mainly during school hours in weekday when groups are few and far between. tso is just bout worthless. i paid 40 dollars for a cheap lead figurine and a pixie on my shoulder.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Can I have your stuff?
  3. ARCHIVED-Niun01 Guest

One mans trash is another mans treasure :p The only reason I kept my account open was the amount of group content offered this expansion. I personally think that RoK was the super suck :/ so much solo content I wanted to bash my head on my desk.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

didnt say im quitting, just tso is worthless. tso isnt the whole game. you want the dumb figurine sure.
  5. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

group content is fine, when i can find groups.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pink_Poodle Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    The heroic zones are hard to find as in locate them? I have a full list of them if you'd like that.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

I have list too. doesnt mean much if there is no marker on maop where to into them from.
  8. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    LOL, the expansion has been live for what, an hour or two? If you mean no markers on the EQ2map program, maybe give people a WEE bit of time to update the files for it. If you mean the main maps..well not every single thing will be marked. Many, maybe most are in old world zones, um..go explore them? And maybe think about where such a zone might be based on it's name?

Not trying to flame you, but to be blunt it seems lame to say an expansion sucks after only two hours.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

who said eq2mapupdater? shouldnt the new maps from soe have the new zones listed? also, i kind of was anticipating a new world to eplore, not just a bunch of new dungeons i have to find a group to go into.

Thats prob my real gripe. since my highest is 65. i cant even get into the new zone. all i have is a bunch of dungeons that since grps really hard to find my time slot, i may not even be able to get into often.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

You could have done alittle research before you bought it.
    There were multiple threads saying it was mostly a high level group expansion.

As for the new zones being scattered all over norrath....yeah thats kinda annoying.
  11. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

Mostly. Didnt think mostly meant like 99%
    and i did assume id at least be able to go into the new zone.
  12. ARCHIVED-Fellindar Guest

Kizee wrote:
    /agree

my client is still patching so I can't comment on the quality of the content but its not like the expansion states anywhere that there is content for all levels.
    I heard somewhere that some zones will scale in level (55-80 or something) though I don't know if this is true.
  13. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    Most of the expansions have been pure endgame at the time. Desert of Flames raised the cap from 50th to 60th. It's content was all endgame at the time. KoS did the same thing, 60th to 70th. EoF was an exception yes, and RoK a partial exception, but even RoK was 1-20 and then 70th to 80th. To be honest, out of four other expansions, only one covered all levels. Two were endgame only at the time. To assume this one wouldn't be endgame only is a bit naive.
    Again, the expansion is only a couple hours old. You're 65th. Won't take too long to hit 75th. And if you actually do explore, won't take long to find the dungeons that will scale from 50th or 60th to 80th either.
  14. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

How can you complain about there being lots of group content in an x pac that just came out. you shouldnt have a problem finding a group for awhile because everyone else will be on checking out the new x pac. So unless your really trying not to find a group there should be no problem with finding a group in TSO.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

Just the normal. do you know how many times i've had to wait an hour or more to get a dfc, or sh, or re, or rov, or nek , or sos, or lt grp. and even then had to ask in guild or in 1-9 for a higher lev to mentor because there jsut werent enough of lower levels on? there are very few peeps on my time slot i'm avail.
  16. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

I believe the reason EOF was for all levels was because EQ1 faydwer (part of the orig game) was also for all levels.
  17. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    well yeah look at the level range and the age of the content you trying to get a group for. Every ones either got many alts past all that content. Ive even skipped the original conent with my newsest toon. Went up to lvl 20 in TD then up to 30 in Crushbone keep. While ill admit there doesnt seem to me much lower T8 stuff pre TSO im sure those it will be super easy to find group in the new content if you try.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

for example right now, there are exactly 4 people from 50-59 lvl range on . and 2 from 40-49. so tell me. how is tso going to aid in grping on lower levs?
  19. ARCHIVED-epyon333 Guest

Thumatos wrote:
    When were you told TSO was going to aid grouping on lower lvls. What lvl is your main. Id bet most ppl that are on (lots of ppl are still at work, like me) would be playing there main and id be willing to bet most ppls mains are lvl 80 by now. how many ppl are on your server between lvl 60 - 69 and 70 - 80?
  20. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

1 player between 60-69. Main is 65

total of 9 players on between 20-69