Tradeskill Wishlist

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Rotherian, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I must say those people that say we are not been listened to are really wrong
    I saw a lot of things in this list that we actually got makes me really happy
    I would like to ad my wish to those people already asking for this
    please could it be possible to level up another trade skill once you reach level 100 without losing the older abilities
    that would give the crafters a lot more to do and I like the idea of leveling up all crafts within your group and for example be the grandmaster of outfitter or craftsman or scholar
    and than give us recipes that combine those abilities like the provisioner makes this cart that gives you a refreshment I mean that's so carpenter - cook .
  2. suka Well-Known Member

can we get the ability to make the scroll depots? also to be able to make those small harvest depots again would be nice. i loved those
    Edelphia and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. Yozilie Active Member

I would like to see crafters be able to make new Appearance Armor for all classes. The stuff that is on the Marketplace is outdated, and after a while very boring. Let the crafters help us look our best :) We need helms with huge horns, glowing swords, sparkling wrist bands, new color schemes, and in general, just a makeover heehee It would be fun, or at least in my opinion, to have a variety of items to wear that actually matched AND made your toon look bad to the bone.
    Lucus and HaphazardAllure like this.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

Allow us to be all crafting classes on one character - there is no reason not to allow it.

Also: would love to see an enchantment which you could put on any weapon so you can wear them in appearance-slot altho your class can not wield it.
    Kurisutaru and Edelphia like this.
  5. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I would like it if when we loaded the crafting gear in SETS that they would stay in that window like regular gear does and not take inventory space, and when you switched from adventuring gear to crafting gear, items would not jump back into inventory.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

BIG WISH HERE let us have a way to get the 40-49 advanced tradeskill books like buying htem from purla who we did a quest line for that gave us the ability to buy 10-39 advanced books this is the only tier that we are SoL because soem don't make it to the broker or if you do find them it is cost prohibitive the the trades skill quest line that started in New Halas in all the other previous tiers ended with us being able to buy the books why did you not do that for the 40-49 advanced books we need those books and they are not to be found. to to cost prohibitive to get on the broker.
    Kurisutaru, Edelphia and Lodrelhai like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's two tiers that we don't have a way to purchase, the 40-49 and the 60-69. Purrla having the 40-49 would be awesome and since doing a quest line for her anyway would make sense.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know if anybody already asked for this on this post but I looked at the new coming up prestige home " Unrest "
    and the whole place is worn out it would be cool If we could make something like I don't know wallpaper maybe
    I know I already asked for this on another thread but this seams to be the better place to post this request
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

The original housing found in the main cities had a way to customize floors and walls. You could pay to change the wood pattern. That wasn't carried over to newer housing, probably because it took a lot of work. It isn't the sort of thing where a new wall pattern is created and then applied to existing housing. Rather someone would need to go to each house and apply the pattern to each wall and edit the graphics by hand to make sure it looks ok.

We can come close to that now using room dividers and thin blocks sunk into the walls, but it is expensive in terms of objects used.

I'm not sure what your really asking for. More placeable objects or a revival of that old system of customizing walls?
    Kurisutaru and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Only problem I seem to have with the old system of changing the walls is my houses with this feature tend to "eat" placed items. :(. Plus after placing something it is sometimes hard to manipulate it if it is even a tiny bit embedded into the walls or floors because that darn customize pointer is always popping up. LOL.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There's a technical reason not to allow it and that's why we can't. They've spent a great deal of time trying to improve performance with loading characters, including their massive recipe books. I don't think it's wise to go from 5 to 45+ thousand recipes on one character.
  12. Raenius Well-Known Member

There is a quite simple solution: handle tradeskill-classes the same like adventure-classes.
    So, if you change to a class you were before you get all recipes in your book you have obtained so far.

Shouldnt be a problem to store that data (same like for any upgraded spells on any class) and you wont increase loading times / data transfers due to thousands of recipes on each toon.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the fact that adventure classes only switch between two possibilities.

Any possible solutions are nowhere near as simple as you might think and would probably take years to implement. If it was really so simple, someone might have done it already.
  14. Raenius Well-Known Member

A database is a database - "thousands" of recipes are just a few megabyte if so - if you reload those on a toon it is no difference as you have him zoning him from zone A to zone B - so technically there is no reason not to do it.

It is just something which hasnt be done so far due to gameplay reasons.
  15. Eradani Well-Known Member

every time you press N to open your recipe book (or zone)
    EVERY recipe that you know is sent across the interwebz to your computer
    Every Single Time you press N or zone

if filters were implemented differently (loaded before the recipes) that would save a lot of traffic.
  16. Remma New Member

Something I've wanted for a long time, there are soooo many recipes out there in the world now that it is really hard going to 'catch them all'
    I would love to see say a level 95 catchup quest or TFSTC faction book that would fill in the blanks for us
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

You know...there is this thing where some people compete to get the most recipes. Some recipes were tied to certain quests, and some of those quests don't exist anymore. I'm a bit against making it easy to just get every recipe other people had to either work for or just plain be lucky to get it.

Especially that recipe for the decorative axes. That one is from a guide given quest and I don't have it. I'd rather not have the recipe and know anyone that does did the quest. Maybe with the hope that I'd stumble upon the quest someday.
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

But Feldon has made it incredibly easy to play "catch up" as it were. Have you seen the new character tradeskill report on EQ2U yet? Here's an example, my raid conjy/provisioner: http://u.eq2wire.com/tsreport/show/468151947988

Just go to http://u.eq2wire.com/ and look up your character. Then click the "TSReport" tab.
  19. Moostafoo Active Member

i would like the crafting in this game to be like WoWs where i dont have to really do anything. i could get a bot but i dont want to risk perma ban
  20. Darln Active Member

Please, Please increase the amount of different fuels for the personal fuel depot that can be placed in your home. At the moment it only allows for 50 different types. Please make it hold 100 different types. That really is such a small request made by every crafter in the game who enjoys the peace and quiet of crafting in their home away from the hustle and bustle of the guild hall.