Tradeskill Wishlist

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Rotherian, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Sambril Well-Known Member

I would like Refining the new tier of harvestables to work like other tiers i.e. being able to refine commons with a small chance of a purified rare. I dislike when various tradeskill options and abilities introduced by one xpac get devalued by another one.
  2. Darln Active Member

Doh!! This thread used to be a sticky at the top. What happened?

Anywho, for all those crazy crafters who put their alts together in one house with all the crafting stations, apprentice researchers, personal harvest depot and fuel depot and go crazy crafting to quickly find out that your fuel depot has run out of room with the limitation of only holding 50 different types of fuel when there are at least 6 types of fuel per tier and there are now 12 levels (maybe 13) plus the frostfell fuel (3 types there) which comes to 81 different types of fuel or more. I don't know about anyone else, but my little fuel depot is bursting at the seams. With that said, I posted an improvement request on the Devs Tracking Forums. Please stop by and vote on an increase in the number of fuels our personal fuel depot can hold at https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-388 . Thanks everyone!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and suka like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

as much as i would love a bigger depot - in fact i would love for all depots to be bigger and i would love the ability to craft large and small of each kind including spell and recipe depot, i solved my problem with fuel by buying a depot off the marketplace and adding it to the house. i found that the small one was sufficient to hold everything if added to the tinkered one, but i bought a big one for my crafting hub in case more were added later. and i bought a small one for the little guild house where people who can't or don't want to log into the guild hall can go craft.
    Darln and Eradani like this.
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

I`d like to see some huge tradeskill heritage quest with like 15quests in total just to have that feeling you are reforging some ancient weapon / armor / device from the past of the Rallosian Empire - could bring finally the heritage quest counter up and grabbing a few achievements.

Plus, might get a kind of nostalgia feeling what TLE can`t do for me.
  5. Darln Active Member

oh my gosh when did they add depots to the marketplace? I had no idea those were there. I agree with you, paying that much db cash they should hold more.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- that sounds interesting. but don't forget that there are two epic quests as well as a number of faction questlines giving faction recipes. however, although some hq require a small amount of crafting, there is no hq for tradeskill. having a few would be nice.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yeah a lot of threads lost their stickies. one thread that used to be stickied is no longer accessible. i tried recently and couldn't get it to open. "things i wish i had known earlier" is no longer here - or at least i haven't found it. that used to be the most useful thread and i used to link it to my guild periodically.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the Powers worrying about server room for the forums? :-/

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As one whose first toon ever here is an Armorer, I've wanted a separate node for Loams ever since I started playing back in 2006. Or at least some juggling about of materials; put the Loams and Gems in one node, and the two Metals in the other. :-/

And I was Searching this thread (and yeah, I want the Sticky on it back, too! :-/) for stuff about Qho (it wouldn't let me, since the word was too small, so I got back at it by saying "Qho harvest," and this was one of the results; sorry to shanghai it!), and my suggestion for the little weasel:

I don't mind the little weasel making us go out and gather stuff for him. What I mind is someone who, ostensibly, has never left his freaking pond until uber-high levels (and only does so just to risk the life of your crafter so much you want to hire him as a Merc afterwards just to kill him over and over), and yet has an extensive knowledge of what's available enough to the point to get really, really picky. If he would say at a particular level, for example: "Please [that magic word counts for a lot, you little weasel] gather 30 things from shrubs and 30 things from dens and 30 fish and 30 things from those soft, squishy stones from this one area. Thanks [that counts for a lot, too, Weasel-Boy]." that would be great. Then he would take away the first 30 things we'd gathered/mined/whatevered from each sort of node, leaving us the rest (which we can get pretty quickly now), and we wouldn't have to spend hours on end trying to get the last two VERY SPECIFIC ITEMS from, say, Dens or Shrubs, where apparently he's wanting us to find the extremely low percentile of occurrence in, say, Meat types or anything in Nektulos Forest. X-P

Uwk
    who hereby apologizes to all weasels out there for the comparison :-/
    Katz, Aivet and suka like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

well, there are some games where you don't have to do anything. in eq1, you can now choose "make all" and it will make everything in your bag giving you credit as it does so. same in lotro. and in lotro, you can now pay around $30 and max your crafting xp in one step while never touching the tables. I prefer to work on mine the old fashion way and was sad that they no longer have a bunch of different veggies and fruit to plant at higher levels. my favorite thing there is farming - where you actually plant a garden and hope to get rares for your scholar to make dyes with. and sometimes you got something extra special at various levels for your crafter to use to make something for your adventurer. then i did a faction build up at level 70 where i was able to buy and plant all of the wild flowers- i got plenty of rares then.

the closest we get is the ability to make bunches in one step- mass production- a reward for getting to level 95 in crafting. i love that and i love that it is the reward for the hard work like flying is the reward for hitting 85. sometimes working for something instead of having it given to you has its merits. in eq1 though, where you can do every craft on one toon and need every craft in order to do the cloak quest, it was totally understandable when they put in the make all command- right after i had to have surgery on my hand for getting trigger finger after bringing up my third toon in all of the crafts to do the cloak there
    Ahupu and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

we finally found it, linked it on the forums, and Ceyarrecks is writing an ingame book with corrections and updates of the old thread. it will be in the library when he is finished and i am sure it will be also available on his broker for a low fee covering the cost.
  12. Aivet Well-Known Member

An interesting suggestion, this. I assume you mean it'd work like the city crafting quest where you have to go harvest 50 things from Thundering Steppes, except broken out into the different nodes? Personally I'd go for the "Harvest stuff from n nodes", that is to say, you have to harvest from 5 different bushes, 5 different dens, etc. Particularly in light of my new record, which was 729 pelts (!) to get the 30 aviak meat in KoS zones. At one point I had more Spellshards (2) than aviak meat (0) >.>

[Not really related to this thread, but if mercs could be used in duels, I would pay people 10p a go to duel me and Qho, just so I could watch him get Ice Cometed repeatedly]
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, the level...20? crafting quest ("Harvest 50 things for us. Thanks.") is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking of, but your suggestion rocks! :D Basically, WHATEVER IT TAKES to change the li'l weasel's approach and "requirements." (how many Bear Meats in Zek? that has--anyone?--a handful of Animal Dens that aren't lying at the feet of the three up-arrow orcs [who guard them zealously in their pathing, as if the return of the Empire relies on them]? and you have the unmitigated--cajones--to insist on that many, when I'm getting 2 per Den, when I get them, and I'm getting 30 times the amount of everything else, including Griffin Meat?? you SUCK, Qho; a harvest is a harvest, so here, >dump< >splash< wear it with pride, and I hope you sink in your damn pond, you little--)

And the devs had the gall to be confused when confronted with all the tortures the decorators put the li'l weasel's House Pet version through... ;->

Uwk
    [and yeah, I'd pay good plat to be in on that, indeed! :)]
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy... Yeah, while there are times I'd love something like EQ1's or LotRO's system (like, leveling up Provisioners...and no, letting us make 2-4 items per build vs. 1-2 items WILL NOT DESTROY THE IN-GAME ECONOMY!), I do appreciate having to do a bit for my levels. Even WoW, last I knew, had some things you could only do with special crafting equipment, like a Forge for smelting raw ores, Smithing, or Engineering (which is worse than Tinkering; at least people who aren't Tinkers can use the stuff here!), but a lot of the others you didn't need anything else, other than maybe a container to hold it in (which you didn't have to MAKE, you could buy from an NPC provider of such, which is one up on our old subcombines [::shuddering with DTs and flashbacks... "Game over, man! GAME OVER!!"::]). So, both WoW's and ours have some merits to themselves, better than just being handed stuff, I think...though I'd love it if Provies could get more results than just in the new rare recipes (which are wonderful, btw!). ;->

Uwk
    who also loves the Mass Production stuff, especially for Carpies working on huge projects...not so necessary for, say, Armorers, but Uwk made it to 100 as well, so... ;->
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Suka: while in someone's house (nice job, Valzen! Lovely place!), I saw she'd planted a special-looking shrub among all her other landscaping, called a Dogwood Shrub. While it was a House Item and listed as such, it also said: "This looks as if it could be used for crafting level 100-109 handcrafted items." Was that along the lines of what you'd mentioned about planting gardens to harvest your own materials? :)

Uwk
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

Uwk,

That dogwood shrub is used in one of the daily/weekly crafting quests and, as far as I know, isn't used to craft anything outside of that quest. You can harvest extras before you turn the quest in and use it to decorate with.

However, some games such as lotro have were you can "grow" some of your ingredients that you will use for crafting.
  17. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Mercs can be used in duels...or could be unless they changed it. I had a friend who loved to challenge people to duels (Something I hate, I have an essential tremor, which is sort of like Parkinson's in that my hands shake, sometimes quite severely, making my ability to fight in high stress situations problematic, also one of the reasons I rarely group as I do not want my shaking hands to kill anyone but me), and he challenged me. I accepted just to give him a break, and did not pay attention to the fact my merc was up. The fight started and he was quite surprised to be fighting two people in one duel.