Tradeskill Wishlist

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Rotherian, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This is a thread for tradeskill suggestions.

If you have a suggestion for anything related directly to crafting, it is probably a good idea to place it within this thread, so that there is a single consolidated location - instead of there being hundreds of different threads (some of which are repeated suggestions*). Hopefully, this will improve visibility of existing issues.

* Having them in one place allows players to more easily check whether a topic has already been suggested.
    Feara likes this.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

3. Avianna Well-Known Member

I'll add my 2c...

1.) I'd like to see a crafting gear tab.
    2.) I'd like the weekly TS quest in TOV to kill players when they miss a reaction instead of taking so long.
    3.) I'd like a Mara themed guild hall to decorate. (small and asian themed).
    Liou_Unrest, Pohondo, Fasci and 5 others like this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

1) We need more uses for Far Seas tokens and less/no involvement in the adventure currency game. Details were laid out here.
    2) Tradeskill quests should provide rewards balanced against the effort. We should never again see the effort boosted to match the reward if it wasn't in line to begin with. The reward should simply be decreased. In short, no more ridiculously long combines or combines that could kill.
    3) Apprentices should be handing out some new items. Enough is enough with the blue coins and azure reactants.
  5. Chiffon Active Member

6. VeilShard Active Member

I'd like an updated set of crafting gear to be purchased on the isle of mara, also maybe make it so you don't need all 7 pieces for an effect so you can mix and match whatever you want to wear since there are nice random pieces in other expansions

also this is a vanity thing but it would be great to be able to change the appearance of crafting equipment similar to how you can change the mailboxes to suit the cities.

somewhere (with questlines or faction) to purchase the lvl 40-49 advanced recipe books and the 60-69 ones
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I agree mostly with the post. But, concerning #2, I think that (with a little more planning) they could make the completion of the weekly quest take just as long, just not on a single combine.

For Fishing Up Fauna, maybe they could require fishing on several different islands, then creating 5 of the fish diagrams for each island (containing water), and combine them all into a single compendium with the "differences" between the fish that only takes a normal crafting duration. For Researching the Recordings, make it where you have to get them from each island with those constructs, then compile the data into a single document with regular duration (they could add an adventure quest to put those recordings in the other constructs, or they could just claim that other crafters installed them previously). For Botanical Divergence, they could add Vesspyr Flora on the other islands (I've only seen them on Woushi's islands), then require plant diagrams for each island, which then get compiled into a single item taking the normal crafting time. For Reporting Home, perhaps each NPC could send the player to collect something related to their specialty (the NPC's, not the player's), then have the player create a report for each one, and then bind those reports together (with a normal crafting duration) and take the bound reports to FSSD Headquarters.

For those that think the above tasks are too dangerous, perhaps there could be a second option that doesn't take more time than normal, and only awards 2-5 etyma (at the non-doubled rate).

Food for thought.
    Avianna likes this.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We've tried various elements of danger and they just end up being minor annoyances. Nothing is really and truly dangerous as far as crafting goes. Death doesn't even have much of a sting. Repairing gear is so cheap. I don't think you can make a tradeskill quest long enough to be worth that reward. They just don't balance out with the adventure side of things. If quests like the weeklies are supposed to be more of a bonus objective for those that adventure and craft, then they should be tied into adventure zones and/or require adventure level. I'm all for giving crafters something else to do, but let's be sensible about it and stick to simple quests with appropriate rewards.
  9. Sambril Well-Known Member

Actually the plants are on all the southern islands, I usually get them on Sothshae. The region is marked but can be difficult to see.
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ok. I've only seen them on Woushi's Isle, but my vision isn't the best, even with glasses, so it is possible I missed it.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I would love the following improvements:

1) Have a crafting gear tab so all the gear is not cluttering our bags and having to update macros everytime we change our adventure gear

2) Have a harvesting gear tab which will store the tools as well as the cloak/gear

3) Update the crafting window to allow user to enter any number between 1 and 100 (can have a scroll like we have when we try to pick quantity of something to drag to trade window, etc.) for doing massive production. This way we can enter say 2 since we have 2 ear pieces or 2 rings etc.

4) Update crafting window to allow for more advanced searching similar to searching on broker

5) Allow massive production when doing a commission.

6) Make the fuel depot bigger
  12. Bansidhe Active Member

+1 for the above 5 points :)
  13. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Still beating the dead horse. I want to be able to redo my profession and keep my tradeskill level, even though I have continued to slowly grow the ones I really want to change. I'm still willing to go back to do a different one.
  14. Estal Well-Known Member

Not possible unless they adjust the raws and fuel requirements, mass prod quantities are deliberately set at multiples of 5 due to 20% material refund in order to prevent issues like for example exploiting rounding errors.

If they wanted to prevent exploiting they would have to make sure all rounding necessary would be against the player, in other words you would not stand a chance against anyone who produces in multiples of 5 due to your production cost being higher.
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

One more item for my wishlist: Kindly bring the fancy crafting table achievement reward down to the 25,000 level. 75,000 pristine combines is absurd and has only been accomplished by those who most likely cheated and ran bots. With mass production in existence, people are likely to approach any high number even slower, since those combines still only count as one.
    Feara likes this.
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Exploiting rounding errors?!? I don't know about any exploits or hacks or any of that. I am even willing to give up the material refund if I could enter in 12 or 2 or 33 or whatever for massive production. I mean why do I want 35 chairs when I only need 31 and where do I put them. My bags are full. My broker boxes are full. My bank is full. I have too many storage dungeons to admit to. I thought devs didn't want those small harvesting depots available to make sure we don't use too much storage space...my furniture storage is out of control. I don't sell anything so don't really care if my production cost is higher. I only craft for friends, a help a raiding guild stock their depots/bank or make stuff for decorating. I have no idea how someone could exploit massive production because of rounding. Seems fairly simply to round numbers but what do I know.
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

Well this was worth posting again.

Well said.

In total agreement.
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The first part I highlighted could be solved by changing the second bit. Just vendor the excess if it doesn't matter if you lose materials. It's easier and quicker than waiting for them to fix the issue. MP is fine as it is with its simple math. While you might want only 33 of something, no one else is looking for odd numbers of arrows or food or anything else.
    Shmogre likes this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

I wish they would create some new recipes (fluff items) that crafters could earn by new quests that require some gathering, harvesting and crafting. Quests that would require some travel and time and are geared to their specific class that reward achievements/title also.

One Example: I would really like to see new Tailor made items = New dresses and robes, ect (fluff).

I have been playing some of my toons for almost a decade. I would really like to expand their wardrobes.

I want to earn them, not buy them.
    Stealthmode, Mermut and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Estal Well-Known Member

The problem is that once fuel cost can't be perfectly divided by 5 any more you might end up being able to craft for profit by selling the crafted stuff to the vendor (and the non rare roots on the broker as they are always overpriced as hell).
    You wouldn't need to give up the whole component refund though, it would just have to be rounded against you, so if you made 3 or 27 or whatever quantity you might end up with only 18.44% (or whatever) refund.