TLE - Kingdom of Sky Vote Did NOT Pass in November 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it works on Stormhold I don't play there made a toon but never leveled her , to boring , but nether the less that server is still quite busy.
    I am not good at pvp but I find it interesting trying to avoid the assassins on Deathtoll and I am not only talking about the class.
    Part of people not playing on the TlS ers might be all the other stuff going on on the regular servers.
    So what if the next x pack did not come this month , I am level 60
    I go play on the regular server and do a little raiding on Deathtoll
    until the next x pack comes out on regular servers I also play a little on Beta
    So there is no point in rage quitting it will not change how people vote or how the game is implemented , it will go on with
    or without people that say I cancel my subscription , do you really think you can coheres Daybreak into launching the next x pack by saying I quite ?
    there are hundreds of other people that like it just fine the way it goes now.
  2. Spock Active Member

God when they release TLP on eq1 people on EQ2 said why no TLP for us and not only they make 1 for PVP and 1 for PVE for you guys but also they make you vote each month on it compare to minimum 3 months on EQ1.You should be glad they made 1 in the first place.It has been said for years that engine on EQ2 was change so much it couldn't be done.If i was a devs i would think god it's impossible to make people happy no matter how hard we try and say to myself never again.
    Claudiana likes this.
  3. Nuhvohk Active Member

that's what they all say
    Juraiya and Ahlana like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and anyway I think this being the last pvp server , It will stay up
    Face it if you like EQ2 and pvp this is it .
    As long as we don't get Battle grounds
    I do like to get war fields that's something I really liked on the live server
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I was not surprised when the 1st DOF vote failed and the 2nd DOF vote passed. In fact, I predicted as much when someone complained about not getting to play DOF after the 1st vote. I told him it was just 3 more weeks until the 2nd vote. Surely he could wait 3 more weeks. That didn't reassure him.

I'm very happy this vote didn't pass on Stormhold. I have no opinion on the Deathtoll vote. I don't play there. The 2nd KOS vote may very well pass. In fact, I'd be surprised if it didn't. Most of my friends, like me, want about 2 to 3 months between each x-pack. Even if I'm not at lvl 60 by the next vote, I will be voting yes for KOS for the 2nd server vote. (Heck, I'm not even lvl 50 yet, and I voted yes for the 2nd DOF vote.)
  6. Falcor New Member

Sorry going to post this again as I did not get a reply yet to it.

Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. Blaupunkt Active Member

You will also find a lot of the yes voters were claiming the vote was rigged and no way should it have passed as well, well I say a lot the usual names on these forums that is!

No matter what the result is each month you probably find the same people moaning on the forums about the result, whatever way it goes.
  8. Simparri Active Member

Now if they put in something that blocked PvP'ers from attacking players more than 10 levels under them they might get more people interested in trying PvP. With even that 10 level spread it is more like a massacree than a real fight. I've got 40+ toons that were spread over 5 servers, not including TLE, but I only tried PvP once & as soon as it hit level 15 it was basically stuck there & I got tired of being slaughtered by a$$holes of up to at least level 60+.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

you've already got your wish:

every zone has a pvp range level (hint: type /pvp_range on entering a zone). what this means is that you can't hit a toon X levels below you; where X is usually 8 except in some T1 zones where it's 4.

there's several exceptions:
    - if you hit a player higher than you who normally wouldn't be able to hit you, they can hit you back
    - if you're grouped, anyone who can hit the highest level member of the group can hit all the group
    - under current city pvp rules: you're carnaged flagged if you hit someone who's carnaged flagged (ie: in dlw, you're 12 FP, attack a 10 exile, a 60 Q or exile can hit you)
    /\ is probably what happened to you and why i've been hoping they'd remove the carnage flags from dlw and halas (non-city)
  10. Simparri Active Member

I gave up on EQ2 PvP over 4 years ago & have seen nothing since that would make me change my mind & try again. I hadn't attacked anything other than NPC's at that time & well remember one person who seemed to delight in killing my level 15 with their level 60+ every time I showed up.
  11. Maldaris Active Member

[quote="Kurzan] That said, I fully expect Stormhold to "sit" on KoS / EoF (T7 content) and RoK / TSO (T8 content) for quite a long time. I seriously doubt that you'll see the same rate of progression that we've seen with T5 and T6.[/quote]

I will preface this comment by stating that I have no Deathtoll opinion. I hope they do well, of course, but not having any characters there, I lack a vested interest. Anyways...

I will confess to being rather ambivalent about whether each expansion passes or not. I vote 'No' as a matter of course (as I'm in no particular hurry), but if the 'Yes' vote wins, well, them's the breaks. Stormhold inches forward, not worth complaining about.

Having said that, once we see Echoes of Faydwer passed, not only will I continue to vote 'No', I will actively lobby to put the brakes on any further expansions for as long as possible. I confess I dislike what EQ2 did to Odus - it was my favorite continent in Ye Olde EQ, and I'd rather not have to look at a yawning void every time I go there (I don't mind what they did with Erudin and Paineel, but the situation with the continent's location annoys the bejeebers out of me). Plus, if memory serves, it was after this that the numbers started getting crazy.

I still won't complain if subsequent expansions go through (most people don't care about other people's opinions, any which way you slice it), but it means we'll be watching Stormhold's morph into Live status. I still enjoy my Crushbone toons, but Stormhold gives me an alternative, one which will start to blur once Rise of Kunark passes.
  12. Xyke New Member

Just literally now found out about the TLE servers. Been so long since I've played EQ2 (mostly because of the expacs after DoV), I am uberly excited to try it out! Definitely glad to see you guys aren't past or even into KoS yet! Can't wait to get back out there :D
  13. Arandar Well-Known Member

It sounds like your issue is more with Sentinel's Fate, not Kunark (which was still pretty early in the game's franchise, released in the fall of 2007). I do see a schism between RoK and TSO as being possible, since TSO was one of those expansions that some people really liked (mostly raiders) and a lot of casual players strongly disliked.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

remember we do sometimes get the opportunity to vote for a later e pack to be released earlier and out of sequence so if people particularly dislike an expansion we could always vote to get the next one first
    O yea and I ran into a group of 5 new toons on Deathtoll yesterday
    they claimed they are brand new and bend on saving the last pvp server :D
    we need more positive people like that on that server , I even die for that
    Spindle and Eradani like this.
  15. Karioki Active Member

At least this time they released the result in a timely fashion. It almost seems like they don't even want to do that.
  16. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Last vote results were released pretty quickly after the vote cutoff, if I remember right. First vote results were so overwhelming in one direction that they announced them before the vote finished, just because there was no way for the other side to make up the difference.
    Eradani likes this.
  17. Karioki Active Member

Sorry, not how I experienced it. There have been three votes. The first one was announced before the voting time even finished. The third right after the voting period ended but the second? It took me a few days after the results were finished to find a post.
  18. Eradani Well-Known Member

that's right but it's not what was inferred by your first post
    btw, the 2nd results were delayed because they wanted something for their podcast
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we are getting to vote again just got the mail so get to it people I am shure this time it will pass
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry false alarm must have been letter from last month
    Eradani likes this.