TLE - Kingdom of Sky Vote Did NOT Pass in November 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Eradani Well-Known Member

haha. a little anxious are we?
    [dark elf mellow out chocolate cookie]
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

dumb question when we get Kingdom of Sky the next time, HOW do we get there ?
    the last time I went there I remember you can only get there by wizard portal.
    Does that mean I should place my warlock into the center of a big city and just keep on opening portals or will we get all those portals in the world to work?
    Sorry I did not play yet when that expansion came out and I don't know who that worked back than.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Any of the [available] Wizard Spires should be able to get you there.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

but they don't work at all atm - that's the question
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

OK, but one assumes that they be enabled when KoS is released, otherwise it would be kind of pointless, wouldn't it ? Unless of course everyone re-rolls a wizard or warlock. ;)

[EDIT] IIRC just before KoS was first released there was a World Event that had players helping to rebuild the spires - in prep for KoS. I can't see that being run of TLE. It could be, of course but I doubt it. So I'm going with the assumption, the spires will just be enabled, but maybe only to access KoS zones and I think originally it was just Antonica and the Commonlands that had that access.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

There was indeed a big world event to rebuild the spires, it wasn't just Antonica and Commonlands though. I was at the Thundering Steppes spire when the dragon came down and attacked as it neared/reached completion.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out why this suddenly popped up as "latest news" above the server transfer info on the login screen. Since when was 30 days ago "news?"
  8. Chrisworld Active Member

It'll probably be a "flip of the switch" sort of thing. Changing a no to a yes or a 0 to a 1. When KoS comes out for TLE, the spires will probably be working as they have always been on live.

I remember back when you had to wait for the spires to be ready or something, you'd have to sit around for a minute or two. I forget when they made everything insta-travel, but it'll likely be insta travel again when it's unlocked, unless they want to please the older crowd and make them function like they originally did.

I still hold onto hope that some of the original live events before the later expansions will be re-run when they come out, the events leading up to TSO were by far the most fun I've ever had in this world, it's jhard to believe that was 7 years ago.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that would be so cool if they would repeat that event

sorry this thread came up to the top because I posted my silly question every time somebody posts something on a thread it will pop up to the top again.
  10. Mirandiral New Member

#notasorcproblem
    flameweaver likes this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I just looked I put a message in on another old subject and the same thing happened
    it goes to the top hmm if I was an imp I could dig one up half a year old and post something ;)
  12. Arandar Well-Known Member

Daybreak has already said that they won't be repeating any of the events that lead up to expansions. It would require too much work on their part, and in some cases, changes to zone geometry, etc. that would be impractical because it would also affect the standard servers. This is why Sinking Sands has all of the post-TSO changes that were made to it.

I'll say this again: The TL servers are not what the game used to be, they never will be and folks need to get that notion out of their head. And frankly, Daybreak needs to get this out of their head too. It's clear they don't have the bandwidth to revert the changes that have been made, so they should stop the half-baked attempts at it.

They're servers that are level- and zone-locked by content attached to specific expansions as they progress. Nothing more. The only thing they should be focusing on is updating loot to current standards, and then increase mob health and damage to make sure they're not complete pushovers as a result. That's it, really. Anything more is clearly beyond their capacity to deliver, with the same team also needing to focus on supporting ToT and planning the next expansion.
    Nuhvohk and flameweaver like this.
  13. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I realise the event was to build al the spires, but what I meant was that I seem to recall, that initially, a player could only get to KoS (Tenebrous Tangle) via Ant/CL, and this is where it get's hazy, but didn't the other two zones link to different overland zones ? I.E, Barren Sky to another pair of overland spires (Steppes/Nek ?) and Bonemire to a third pair (Zek/EL ?). Just a thought.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

anyway don't get hostile Kurzan I was just dreaming I totally understand its just not doable
    Maybe just to spice it up we could do what flameweaver just said
    but it does not really matter ;) because I am a warlock and I go where I want to.:p
  15. Taezya Member

This doesn't involve me cuz I'm not on these servers but who votes on it? If it's the players who would vote...no? lol
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Anyone who isn't done with DoF or doesn't want the server progressing quickly.
  17. GBlack Active Member

Today. Go vote.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes I just did strange there is no new post for that
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

There wasn't a post for the November vote either, just one for the results. My guess is that way they get votes from people actually playing on those servers, rather than people who mean to play on the servers and did for a while but have been doing other stuff and haven't gotten back to it but oh hey gotta vote on this I don't want the server moving on without me even though I'm not active there! (I'm one of these people - beta in Nov meant I missed the vote then.)
    Eradani likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they probably also don't want people exchange "niceties" about how to vote , its soon enough to see what they say after we voted.