TLE - Kingdom of Sky Vote Did NOT Pass in November 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Wombatcombat New Member

Well, say goodbye to Deathtoll. Should have started at KoS TBH. Content is too easy and no one is even gonna back when the xpac hits. If they do I guarantee it wont be nearly as many as people are thinking. I thought this server was supposed to bring back the PVP Nostalgia. If you wanted PVE then play on SH. Just a really bad descision to not put KoS out. I have 0 faith that there was even a real tally done. Feels like a "OMG WE HAVE TO PUSH OUT OUR XPAC SO SCREW THE TLE" kinda situation.
  2. Soxer Member

This vote feels kinda fishy to me. Theres no way there was a No on both servers. I just think they dont wanna live up to the promise they made when they said that IF theres a Yes vote theyll stop everything else and work on fixing some TLE issues for when KoS goes live. There is absolutely NOTHING to do in DoF. Its an extremely bad expac and the game didnt start off really until KoS. KoS is the expac that we wouldve stayed in for a looooong time, im sure of it.
    I think this is bad for TLE and me and my friends are leaving til KoS gets voted in. TLE is already getting more and more dead each day and now it will be even more dead. Im not getting the expac, there is nothing in it i want and i havent played on Live for a year so yea... it was fun for a bit but this will seriously the hurt the game :(
  3. Raveen Active Member

Fishy? both servers have voted the same for xpacks every time so far how is this different?
    Juraiya and Siren like this.
  4. Estal Well-Known Member

I'd bet it was the expansion that caused the no vote in the first place, people simply won't have time to play a lot on TLE if they have a new expansion to beat first on their "home" servers.
  5. DragonTayl Member

I completely agree. I am personally neutral at this point - I can't wait for AA and for EoF, and honestly I think the golden age of EQ2 was RoK/TSO. At that point I plan to never vote yes again, though if the server advances I'll stick with it. I am, however, pleased with each no vote anyway (though I am for moving on to EoF for my own pleasure) because it suggests that there is no rush and we may very much slow down at the great stuff.

I'm not into PvP, mostly because I guess I have only met bad PvP players - the gloaters and those who pick off weaklings - though I suppose the whole concept holds absolutely no interest for me, and I guess I'm not surprised Deathtoll is pretty much empty. It's tough to put users/players in charge of "content" in the sense that they can have too much effect on other player's enjoyment.
  6. Zinj Well-Known Member

Seems to me the ones bemoaning the lack of votes for expansion are mostly the maxed out grief killers. It's one thing to fight a blue, yellow or orange for 3 minutes before finally winning or losing by the skin of your teeth, it's something else when a green or blue takes you out in 3 hits. Nagafen had 100% of available content for all those who craved PvP, yet many came to Deathtoll. That tells me that it has NOTHING to do with level or content, and everything to do with perceived numbers of targets.
  7. Zampuric New Member

PvP was released in KoS this is why people on Deathtoll voted yes each time to get to KoS, i also think that daybreak rigged the vote so they could work more on the new xpac, doing that have pretty much killed off Deathtoll for the next month as some classes need balancing out and fixing plus with gear that needs sorting out as well as KoS needs alot of Devs attention so its not broken like DoF so if Deathtoll does get the yes to go to KoS in next vote Daybreak should of hopefully finished what they are doing within the next 30 days or so and if they havent well i doubt your see many people playing on Deathtoll at all.
    As a PvPer myself because i hate PvE in EQ2 because its so boring kill a computer to get loot so u can kill a harder computer to get loot, that imo is boring i rather kill a computer to get loot to use against a player that doesnt have a set strat to him and can always change how they fight which makes it intresting rather killing the same computer that doesnt change how it fights, deathtoll as you know is a PvP server far as i know people aint trying to get to the next xpac to raid that content because that is what stormhold is for PVE, yes it should have some nice pvp proc gear etc but that is the only reason PvPers raid, if the vote wasn't rigged thanks for everyone who voted No on Deathtoll good job in making it a ghost town like Nagafen turned into, PvP Started In KoS...... sigh.
  8. Ramone_AB Active Member

Gee... another month of doing nothing on TLE Stormhold...
    I smell something fishy... or should I say... DBG didn't want anything to conflict with the expansion coming out.

I mean just look at the lack luster 12th year gifts... /sigh

After the last one I was done with DBG.. then TLE drew me back in.

I hated DoF when it launched and I still hate it now.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my with all the fish that people smell we could make fish sticks
    Wirewhisker, Belenos, Nixer and 2 others like this.
  10. Batawai New Member

Guys, these conspiracy ideas don't make sense. If their goal was to stop TLE from advancing for the expansion's benefit then they could have EASILY said last month that DoF failed and under the rules it wouldn't have been voted on again for 3 months. (In fact you had people claiming conspiracy theories of the vote was actually no, and they just wanted to push it out - either way you have people claiming conspiracy)
  11. Daeth New Member

Great news! I had too many other games to play anyway so I can just sit this month out and wait til the decent expansions get unlocked. Hopefully they can actually take this month and fix gear progression in KoS so it isn't completely borked like DoF was.
  12. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Grats Stormhold, R.I.P Deathtoll.

I wonder how the vote really works. Does 66% of the VOTING people have to say yes or does 66% of the player population have to vote yes? Becaue if its #2, we're never gonna get past DoF since the majority quit this server.

I dont like the 66% mechanic anyway since 65% which is clearly the majority, wouldnt be able to pass the vote. It should be 51% from the ACTIVE voting people.
  13. Malachy Well-Known Member

Pleasantly surprised for Stormhold, glad devs will have more time to put in extra effort to make KoS great when it is voted in. I, like others, would like to know the break down of votes.

And Ajjantis the results are only based on cast votes, if you don't vote, it doesn't count as a no.
  14. Graybeard New Member

Well said Deleroux, I completely agree with you!
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

Of the players I know on Stormhold who have said how they voted, not a single one voted yes. I'm not surprised at all that the vote didn't pass.
    Sapphirius likes this.
  16. Gourdon Well-Known Member

Actually, this isn't correct. The vote that passed for DoF was only the second vote. The third vote would have been held in late October and probably would have passed, causing DoF to open in early November. If Daybreak was completely manipulating the vote results, that would have put them is a difficult spot. An early November release of DoF would definitely conflict with the new expansion on the regular servers and it probably would have been problematic to wait until January for another vote. So, our current course of events actually follows an ideal path for Daybreak. Of course, one might also argue that a lot of TLE players are planning to play the new expansion and voted no on KoS.
    Aliramar likes this.
  17. Aliramar Member

This is exactly my point. Both votes obviously were rigged. I know how many people voted NO on DoF vote, there's no way it would have passed. But DBG knew that another month of vanilla's boredom will make rest of capped players quit. So they made it kinda win/win situation. They unlocked DoF and got their portion of vit potions income, while raiders got desired new content for a month and now they're already bored with it and ready to go back to live for new expansion.
    I'm willing to bet that next month's vote 'will be' NO too.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

[IMG]

It's obvious really isn't it? Look at all those Triangles.

[IMG]
  19. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha
  20. Aliramar Member

Just 3? Eh, amateur kitty. I can see at least 4 more there.