Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Fetish Well-Known Member

You still can. All the quests are still there and the mobs start at like level 3...

The Isle of Refuge only took 5 levels from the start. You can level to 5ish and head to Freeport or Qeynos and level up. The problem is that, like it was so long ago, the quests are all spread out amongst the city zones and not just a straight line like DLW or Halas...and you would lose out on the starter set of gear.

I for one will be taking the harder road and heading to Freeport before level 10 and then leveling up there. I'll get my gear through crafting.
    Belenos and Naypoo like this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

One thing tho, if we're gonna end up waiting 60 days or more for an xpac I would like to see some more raid mobs. Maybe change Maulics up a bit, add a few contested, etc. If you do add Maulics please fix that darn timer tho. Anyone goes LD and they're locked up for 12 hours. This was fixed and now it's broke again. Oh and what about Faction guild raids? Those coming back?
  3. Dyeana Active Member

Leave the Beastlords and channelers. It should be all classes and races.

Why should a player have to wait for an unlock of either race or class if paid for. This places a disadvantage against them at not experiencing other content and forces them to start anew later if opened with an expansion. No discoveries, comradery or sense of belonging with others from the beginning. Beastlords and channelers will have problems of their own being locked within the content availiable, with many of the pets and items greatly hindered. Beastlord pets are a bear to level with no potions, starter beast or instant master pet. Channelers have skills locked to less availiable also.

Dye
  4. Fetish Well-Known Member

There were also a lot of people who loved the game when it released. The thing I remember about the beginning was people disliking it because it was hard. Not really hard...but people disliked group content, and there weren't big neon signs pointing to quests or NPCs...and gods forbid the fact that crafters had to talk to and interact with each other.

I remember grinding ^^^ Scarecrows outside of Qeynos on my first character. I remember dying to the forge. I remember a helpful Warden who greyed out Blackburrow for me and a friend so that we could get our shards from the bottom. Some of those memories are by far my favorite and the reason I fell in love with this game.

I still want my Craven Walk back... =/
    Matia, Pixistik and Naypoo like this.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

It's going back to launch. We paid for everything up to Rum Cellar but it doesn't mean it belongs in this new time locked server. Gives you something to look forward to.
    Seefar, Mizgamer62 and Naypoo like this.
  6. Thinwizzy Active Member

The option of voting for exile concerns me a bit. I don't think people realize how much a 3rd faction really brought to the table. The vote shouldnt be about whether or not you liked the guilds and people that were in exile. I can also imagine that some potential population might be lost if there is no option to be exile.
    ringgirl_UFC, Slant and Naroc like this.
  7. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

atleast on pvp there needs to be exile. If not then any dominant guild can be on the majority side and operate with less obstacles. Having a third faction kind of mitigates that issue of one side being more populated than the other since there will be 3 sides.

It also provides a more challenging playing field for those who choose it.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

I mean i'm pretty sure it was easy to break everything in the game with exploits and the raid content was really bad, but sure i have to read the quest which tells me where to go instead of hitting m and running to the blue dot. Also this game launched with a guide im pretty sure that had most of the quests/nameds etc. in the book if im correct?
  9. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

So then we should have mercs and warfields since I paid for SF expansion? No don't suggest such idiotic things. Disable them and allow them to come into game with the appropriate xpac
    Seefar, Mizgamer62, Elidor and 2 others like this.
  10. Slant Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? 350+ combines per set of Mastercrafted armor was and always will be the pinnacle of everquest crafting.

/sarcasm
    Belenos and Siren like this.
  11. Fulton Active Member

Im ok with 60 days until a next xpac is released as long as after RoK the server resets and we start over!
  12. moonraker New Member

We want spell fizzle back too!
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Yay!!
    Enjoy
  14. Spelzguk New Member

I feel like closer to beta/launch they are going to say something like "oh..and btw we did restore the starting island you have been wanting back for so long....bam...you are welcome" but maybe this is just me reading too much into these things. :p Love where you guys are headed btw, I will be re-subbing today. Thanks Kander and The Team!
    Feldon, ringgirl_UFC, Siren and 3 others like this.
  15. Spelzguk New Member

Kander you may hate me for asking this, but will Krono be on the new PVP server? I don't think it should just because it can easily be a pay to win item. I know you guys have to make money, but if anyone is like me they probably won't go back to the other servers if this is done right. I will just remain subbed instead of using kronos.

PS: I know, I know, us pvpers are needy little buggers!
    Naypoo and Foretold like this.
  16. Koschei New Member

If enough people like it, then it will be in, if more people dislike it, it won't. I think that's a fair way of polling the customer base. Even with a 'no' vote there is the chance for it to be added later. I think the number of people who wouldn't play would be rather limited when looking at the potential player base, just as the amount of people who wouldn't play because it was added would be limited. It changed the dynamic of PvP, so it's worthy of a vote.

Given the nature of an exile player (I was one, I've no idea why other people in this thread got their panties in a bunch about earlier comments and also demanding immediate responses to their questions) they are probably more engaged in the game forums and therefore more able to vote, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it not happening. If it doesn't happen immediately, it's probably more telling, as that would indicate that older players were coming back, and it's excellent to be given a chance to vote on these matters.

Exile is a choice where you pick being an unpopular outsider, so that comes with the territory I'm afraid, and I think players are intelligent enough to look beyond that when considering who their game world should be shaped initially.
  17. Lejoni New Member

That sentence makes me nauseous. Frostfang Sea and Darklight wood is NOT classic EverQuest 2!
    If possible please Newbie island then Freeport or Qeynos (With suburbs if possible)

Also I have paid for Beastlord and Channeler and Vampire and such. And I think it makes perfect sense that I will NOT have access to them until the expansion when they where originally made available to purchase.

Also think that Guild Halls and Pristine housing should be locked untill the approximate expansion they where originally made available.

30 or 60 days for each expansion is imho. (and I know I'm not alone on this) way to short!
    I would say 4-6 months would be more appropriate. We need time to soak in all the nostalgia :)

If only 60 days. Then it should be 60 days AFTER all content has been beaten.
    (Witch is not how I interpreted the poll question/answe options.)

If possible please remove all toughiness crap. I want to duel like we used to do. Some of my fondest memories are of old mechanics duels.

Lastly despite all my complaints, I would like to thank you very much! For trying to make a Time locked progression/expansion type server for EQ2 :)
    G.Black, SmoothJams, Elrohir and 4 others like this.
  18. purple8 New Member

Haven and pvp Exile faction were added with The Fallen Dynasty (LU 24) iirc. Don't believe they need to be in game should the time-lock begin at an earlier point. Absolutely should be added post-Kingdom of Sky (LU 20).

Today's PvP server poll included a question about availability of XP Debt potions. XP Debt was removed from PvP servers in GU 36. Question wording suggests devs have already determined that the mechanic will be re-introduced for the time-lock pvp server. Recommend devs clarifiy or poll about this, as use of the mechanic for level-locking seems to be a hot-button issue.
  19. Slant Well-Known Member

Do what you gotta do. I would rather see the server postponed and done well then rushed and coming out poorly. I know that if these servers are done well they will flourish. But if you guys don't get the feeling right they will be deader than Cazic Thule.
  20. Slant Well-Known Member

I absolutely did =)
    Belenos, Ozryc, Naypoo and 1 other person like this.