Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Dread Quixadhal New Member

I would absolutely love the old Isle of Refuge, and taking the boat ride to Qeynos or Freeport afterwards.

Of course, I would also love to have the old crafting system with subcombines and the practical requirement of teamwork because each craft needed parts from other disciplines, and trying to do everything yourself would be crazy. :)
    Miltin, Seefar, SmoothJams and 4 others like this.
  2. Tachyon New Member

I'd say do the best you can with this one in the given time frame, then set up a long term project for deep nostalgia. SOE never really appreciated the draw of a clean slate in MMOs, even if none of the mechanics change. Start with that and build in the future!
  3. Gankednshanked Active Member

Deader pls
  4. Pvpmedic New Member

I don't know if I am the only one that would like this or not but is there any way you can lock the pvp server at a lower level then 60 at launch. Maybe around 30 or 40 then let us vote to go to 60?
    Siren likes this.
  5. Gankednshanked Active Member

It's starting at level 50 cap. No indication if level locking will be allowed or not as far as I know, but I sure hope they allow it.
  6. Jubileet New Member

Any chance zonelines/borders will be removed? Similar to the Qeynos And Freeport zone consolidation.
  7. Chrisworld Active Member

Don't all the starter zones eventually lead you to Butcherblock to continue? Will there be some changes to the ends of these questlines to guide you into Nek/TS?

Also, will there be any quests to (optionally) guide players around lvl 10 to Ant/CL?
    Hanokh likes this.
  8. kafodoo Active Member

The only thing I do not agree with is the fact that you need to be a subscriber for a month in order to participate in the polls. I'm sure that me and several others' have not subscribed in months due to the fact that the current era the game is in is dead, and not worth playing, which is why you should allow ALL players to participate no matter how long they have had a re-accruing subscription going. otherwise, everything else looks promising due to the problems with old and what we have left to work with.
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Malachy Well-Known Member

1. Can we please get Isle of Refuge? Players have demonstrated on these forums in the past week they have old characters still on the isle of refuge and fought the mobs, gained levels, etc. It is all still there.
    2. If we can get Isle of Refuge, can we please get dropped off in Freeport/Qeynos?
    3. Can we NOT have DLW & Frostfang as starting cities? It wasn't in original and the gear from these quests is far better than what is available otherwise. There are several T1 areas currently off Freeport/Qeynos with content to go from 5-15, Ant/CL picks up at 10 so I do not see the necessity for these starter cities.
    Miltin, SmoothJams, Zeffran and 6 others like this.
  10. Daft New Member

You don't need to be subbed you just need an account older than 30 days.

*Note – In order to vote in the PvE and PvP polls you must be an all access member or have an account that is more than 30 days old*
  11. Naypoo Member

LOL no its the text Fet
  12. Naypoo Member

Don't mind not playing mine. I paid for it, but I want my mo jo PVP back more, just my two cents :)
  13. Pvpmedic New Member

• Exp01: Desert of Flames, Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level raised to 60, Guild Level Cap Increased to 60
  14. Naypoo Member

I would much rather have back my extra slots that got jacked as expansions moved forward, I had to buy those back too.
  15. Balbasur Active Member

Are you disabling LON shrink items?
  16. Gankednshanked Active Member

That's the first expansion, read everything else.
  17. Gankednshanked Active Member

You won't be able to use /claim
  18. Balbasur Active Member

Oooooo haha nice dealt with all that drama with one blow didn't think of what that implied
  19. Hanokh Member

Isle(s) remind me of the recent no flying in WoW ever again fiasco. Telling us what is fun never works. Frostfang Sea will never be fun and Darklight Wood is worse. When enough subs are lost, servers merged, and devs laid off, the Isle(s) will come back as a last gasp marketing effort to bring players back. Developer ego is a strange thing. I run a $2 million a year business which is nothing compared to EQII, but if all I heard all day long from my customers was I want to buy an Isle, I would sure find out a way to sell it to them.
  20. Naypoo Member

There should be no fame decay like initially in pvp, I had a healer when getting a healer to champ or above was tough, and I made that title. I was totally upset when that went away not because I was bested, but because I worked. I didn't run nor did I hide to keep that title, if I dropped down I went back and got it back with the work. I know a lot of us are older now, and since you cannot log in and play every second, we are penalizing you just totally blows. I am an engineer, Voip by trade, and I travel a lot for government contracts, and spent ever spare moment I had playing, and it wasn't enough, that just broke my heart. So I didn't loose it to some one better than myself, that kicked my face in the dirt in a fight, that was just wrong. If I loose it because my game slips, fine, I work harder, but not for any other reason..
    Elidor and MaxSilver like this.