Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Spakka New Member

Am really excited for the TL PVE server, a few questions;

1) Mentoring? Chronomages? Are these going to be delayed until when they were originally introduced (I personally hope so)

2) When you say voting is by majority of population of server it may eventually become neccessary to only test those players still active, I am sure they will all be very active to start, but after a couple of xpacs many players may not longer be active. Need some way of determining vote based only on those player 'still active' or may never be able to get a majority vote.

3) I play both BL and Channeler, but I agree they should not go in the base game at the least - think about it, the initial economy will be based on no one having Master spells etc.. whereas both BL and Channeler effectively get most of their abilites fully mastered instantly. Maybe allow them after an xpac or two once the in-game economy and crafting has matured?
    Wulfhammer likes this.
  2. Gankednshanked Active Member

2) They will probably do it by 2/3 majority with the total vote count being the population. If you don't vote, you don't count.
  3. Peak Nagafun

Wish there was an option to vote "no" for the bags.
    Slant, Naroc, Thinwizzy and 2 others like this.
  4. Gankednshanked Active Member

That would be... interesting. I picked small/medium because I didn't put much thought into it. GG
  5. Peak Nagafun

Likewise, I picked small. I'd prefer to vote no on anything that provides any sort of advantage in gameplay. I only voted yes on the cosmetic bits.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

you will be happy to know I deleted the PvP poll. since I have no interest in PvP I do hope you did the same on your end.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Gankednshanked Active Member

Same. I don't think bag size is crucial to PvP. However, with the weight mechanic being gone, I could very well be wrong. I'll never forget running STR debuff poison and double snaring on Gankednshanked for the lulz ;(
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Some things seem destined to go into the cash shop.

It's interesting that all /claims and vet rewards are not allowed, but yet many of those same vet rewards (a consumable pot similar to the Call of the Veteran, and another consumable pot to refresh Vitality like the vet reward one does, for example) may (depending upon player vote) be for sale as consumables in the cash shop instead.

So clearly these vet reward and claim item types aren't seen by Daybreak as problematic to the new TL servers, or they wouldn't be asking if they can put consumable forms of them into the cash shop; it's just the items' previous "free/claim/vet reward" form that is apparently bothering the devs. ;)
    Lateana likes this.
  9. Abug New Member

Can we attack NPC and Merchants? It was fun to get killed when you accidently hit one or get chased through the city by guards.
    Belenos likes this.
  10. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I did the same to be fair to the PVP people. I didn't want to vote because I have no intention of playing on the PVP server, just PVE so that's what I voted on. :)
  11. Gankednshanked Active Member

They mentioned in a previous post that they'd be focusing mostly on Cosmetics for cash shop. I don't think they'll be making it P2W. They seem smarter than that.
  12. Cognac New Member

Ha, good catch. I am also curious as to what defines 'population'.. recent playtime? If it's everyone with a character, then people who stop playing would count as automatic no votes..
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Don't leave them out!!!! Need mah Meatbeast!
  14. moonraker New Member

I haven't been active since the beastlord/channeler came out but I can't see them creating anything but problems if they are allowed in at the start...or ever, considering this server will probably get perma locked before they were introduced. I mean if this server reaches TSO+ again you will just end up with a mass exodus.

Bummer about the starting zones...but as long as there is some sort of actual travel involved that doesn't involve spam clicking a bell, it will be alright.
  15. Exur Well-Known Member

forced to pick 10 slot only... needs to be a No option on this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

are we going back to the orginal factions of the classes and races? Ratonga(evil), Illusionists, Monks, Templars, and Rangers(Good); Coercers, Brusiers, Inquisitors, and Assasins(Evil); Warlock/Wyzsards, Guardian/Bezerkers, Wardens/Furys, and Troubadors/Dirges Neutral?

I would rather the Ratonga be neutral so as to keep the good and evil races even. But think the classes should go back to classic eq2 adds more flavor to the game.
    ringgirl_UFC and Wulfhammer like this.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Another question. How will the druid/fury and warlock/wizard ports work?
    Siren likes this.
  18. Shreik New Member

I am curious on the point of the Time-Lock server. Is it to have characters all at the same basic levels so the grouping option will be increased? I realize lower toons can have a difficult time in finding groups at lower levels. Is this an intended "fix" for it? What other benefit can there be to the Time-Lock server? More information would be nice.
    Seefar likes this.
  19. Exur Well-Known Member

Ugh, you're doing it by character... how are you filtering this so my 13 character votes are actually counted as one vote? These first poll answers are going to be no brainers this time around, but I'd like an understanding of how this will work once an important poll is submitted.... one that will likely be very close. The results should not be skewed by alts.

As for when the server is released... am I correct in stating the polls will only be submitted to characters on these actual servers within 20 levels of cap? And again, how are the results going to be filters by account and not by character?

oh, by the way.... this is awesome!
    Seefar and Siren like this.
  20. Gankednshanked Active Member

They probably won't be released until KoS/EoF, or they will be restricted to the original overland zones.