Thumore D'armer [MASSIVE SPOILER]

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-BrashForester, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Taurus_WD Guest

With one zone per expansion there may be some rhyme or reason to the chosen zones. I don't know the names of all of them, but someone else can hopefully fill it in.
    Expansion - Zone
    Desert of Flames - Tower of the Moon in Maj'Dul
    Kingdom of Sky - Halls of Fate
    Echoes of Faydwer - Estate of Unrest
    Ruins of Kunark - Karnor's Castle
    The Shadow Odyssey - ? (I've never been to the zone before)

As far as general critique of the quest goes, I really wish that I didn't have to zone in to NQ then out to the appropriate zone. As it is, I actually went to Maj'Dul and the tower of the moon the first time I went through the quest.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Kriptini@Everfrost wrote:
    Did you even do any of the research when you started playing this game?
    That timeline split took place during the Planes of Power expansion pack in EQlive... 2 expansions *AFTER* Kerafyrm was woken up in the Velious expansion. They even revamped the city of Skyshrine on Velious to reflect that he had woken up back before Planes of Power was released.
    Furthermore, this game is expressly stated as taking place 500 years A.K... AFTER KERAFYRM, meaning after he was woken up, rampaged through the Temple of Veeshan, and left for places unknown. His very awakening heralded a new Calender system.
    Even more than that, the entire Qeynos Claymore questline in the Kingdom of Sky expansion talks about how all the dragons living up there chose to follow Kerafyrm after he came to them and told them he could help them with thier problems. He promised Harla Dar that he could bring back her husband and son. A false promise, but one he made after he woke up. He is a dragon who wants to destroy all of dragon-kind and then beyond that even still. Why would he ever come to Qeynos and Freeport and ask us to help him? He doesn't need help in razing both cities to the ground in mere seconds!

Erollisi's storyline isn't a contradiction to anything the developers have said either. They said that her death was only the beginning of her story.
  3. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    That's Palace of Ferzhul/Palace of the Ancient One. I don't think there's any reason behind picking that place, other than SoE likes to recycle that zone time and again for anything void related. I nearly cried tears of happiness when I learned that Munzok's would be modeled after Anchor of Bazzul rather than recycling Ferzhul yet again.
  4. ARCHIVED-Glv Guest

Hmmm... I was wondering if Kerafyrm would be somehow entering the story, now that we're headed to Odus:
    Vhalen wrote:
    From link
  5. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Then why hasn't he done it already?
    "The beginning of her story" probably means that we'll go back and find out why she was killed, etc. Doesn't promise that she will be revived.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

With the way we've been lead up these last few years as to what has happened to her, her revival will be inevitable. You don't just kill a god, let the players find out that she is dead by seeing her body, learning that Innoruuk was the one responsible for causing her death, and just leave it at that.
    There has never been any story about Erollisi fighting against Innoruuk in the past. You don't just introduce a story and say it all happened and that one side won. If you do, you don't allow the players to get involved in the story and still decide that the evil god who won will still win.
    No, you start investigating how to bring her back and eventually do so. She was a major diety in EQlive and has always had a huge fanbase following for roleplay reasons and whatnot. They wouldn't just write a story out of the blue that is so shallow as to just give Innoruuk his victory without there being any conflict in obtaining it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Kerafyrm was awakened during Velious, which occured well within EQ2 canon.
    He was put back to sleep in the EQ1 expansion Secrets of Faydwer, but that expansion falls well outside the EQ2 timeline. For all we know in this time line, he's either dead or he's hiding.
  8. ARCHIVED-Taurus_WD Guest

Since I'm going through the quest again, would anyone like me to post the entire transcript? I'm thinking mainly for the people that can't access the game in their near future.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    I would love it!
  10. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Actually, just going through this quest and reading what I have read here...Morrel Thule seems to make more sense than anything. He seems benevolent, somewhat, a part of Norrath from before. The way he influences people to believe in him and draws them into dreams...I mean Morrel Thule was the demigod of Dreams was he not? Counterpart to his sister Terris Thule.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    I'm reading that you get "The Dream Hero" as a title from the quest. Morrell Thule is the God of Dreams, so this makes sense to me. He's not the type to discriminate against good or evil, but Kerafyrm is the type to flat out refuse all attempts at mortals helping him.
  12. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Or, maybe it's not as we thought. Maybe we can't bring her back, but we can get revenge by going over to Innoruuk and smacking him around. We can learn his motives, his final plot, and put an end to it in the name of Erollisi. Her being dead is huge, it'll drive her followers to really move and do something. But if she comes back as you said, everything will go back to normal. /yawn
    Would someone like to post any known lore on Morrel Thule, so we can look at it all at once?
  13. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Actually this totally sounds like Morrel Thule, the god of dreams. While the rest of the Thule family are firmly in the "bad stuff" category (you wouldn't want to meet his father, or sister) Morrel himself is rather neutral. Having him return in the next exapsion as a worshipable diety should be fun.
  14. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Speculating the amount of evidence, it could go either way at this point. The guy was pretty nice and the God of Dreams, which leads to Morrel Thule, but he was also associated with "sleep" and very cunning at using you to get what he wanted, as we've seen Kyrafyrm do with some of the other dragons.
  15. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Morrel Thule is best known for stealing Mithanial Marr's stolen gift of life away from Cazic and Innoruuk. He was able to scatter half of it in the Innothule swamps and the other half he desposited in Erollisi Marr through her dreams. This guy is sly. Its perectly believeable that he would trick players into helping him without revealing either his true intentions or identity. Indeed, if Morrel Thule was brought low enough, he might not even realize who he really is until the players helped him restore his own memories by gathering fragments of dreams.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Morrell Thule is the God of Dreams. The Black Sheep of the Thule family, because he is actually Neutral-Good compared to Cazic and Terris, who are both strictly evil.
    Many aeons ago, Cazic and Terris Thule actually managed to trap Mithanial Marr. They tortured him non-stop, with full intention of corrupting him to join thier side. If they could not do that, then killing him would suffice.
    They killed him. Much as how Erollisi herself is dead right now, they killed Mithanial back then. However, before he died, Morrell Thule stepped in to help him. He split his spirit into two forms and sent them off to Norrath.
    The first half of his spirit inhabited the frogs of Innothule Swamp. They evolved into the original Frogloks and kicked the Trolls out of their own city fortress of Guk. These same frogloks would later again be transformed by Mithanial Marr, but that is another story.
    The 2nd half was physically impregnated into his sister Erollisi, who in her young existance, was walking around Norrath and enjoying the hospitality of the high elves in Felwithe.
    As incestuous as it sounds, she gave birth to the Barbarians, who in time would grow into thier own race and culture. During a time of need, the Barbarians had been called to help out the Frogloks down in
    Innothule Swamp. When the two races met, both halfs of Mithanial Marr's spirit formed back together and he was reborn.

There isn't too much more that is known about Morrell Thule, but we know he is the God of Dreams, he is not well favored by his father or sister, and despite being good in morality, does not discriminate against good or evil mortals.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    No, he's a human, not a barbarian. I can't really see this being about Erollisi, sure there's always a posibility, but it seems unlikely and nothing in the quest really points to that. Kerafyrm, maybe, but that also seems unlikely.. Morrel was the first to come to mind when I ran the quest, to be honest. However, it's not like there's a decent amount of evidence to really point to anything so far.
  18. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Because the God of Dreams has nothing to do with sleep.
    Also, it may be a stretch but "D'armer" could be a play on words, as it is rather close to the word "dormir", which in Spanish and French means sleep. So...Morrel Thule sleeps? I dunno, plausible.
  19. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

The guy states that the memories are not his, but memories of other people. Sounds like it very well could be Morrell Thule. Darn. And I wanted to fight a challenging non-zombie Dragon for once.
  20. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    "The Sleeper" having something to do with sleep? No way...
    Your statement is about as valid as the one I just made.