Thumore D'armer [MASSIVE SPOILER]

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-BrashForester, Nov 24, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

The dashing Thumore D'armer seen in today's festivities is none other than Kyrafyrm. Grats everyone, you just assisted in bringing the most deadly force in the known universe back to Norrath.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

LOLWHUT?

Seriously. Please explain.
  3. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Just do the quest. The guy talks about how he's been asleep and can't wake up, for starters. Kyrafyrm is known as the Sleeper. And at the end of the quest he reveals that he's not who he appears to be, and he can "finally return to his home." On top of this, once you leave the dream world, all the NPC's used in the quest, after being hailed again, report that they have no clue who Thumore is and never knew him in the first place. Suspicious? I think so.
  4. ARCHIVED-Taurus_WD Guest

Well, that wouldn't surprise me, and I can see how you can come to that conclusion, but I guess I'd be shocked if that really was Kerafym.
    Spoiler Alert for those that can't hop on the live servers right now (and a mini quest walkthrough).
    You get a quest from Milupet Cogsory near the T1 guild hall in NQ, she tells you to seek out Drakin or Thumore, I can't remember which, but initially you look for Drakin. Drakin tells you Thumore is in the building behind him (the one with the city merchants and a forge outside). Inside you'll see a man asleep on the floor, and two investigators with a lead investigator Dalhya Felshire.
    Drakin basically says the party can't begin without Thurmore, and then Dalhya says that everyone that touches Thurmore falls asleep. You volunteer to touch him, and go into a dream world where you talk to Thurmore. He asks that you collect memories from around Norrath, you assume they're his memories. You then exit the dream world, and take a portal next to his sleeping body to each of the instances, each time it takes you to a different expansion zone in chronological order. Each time you collect a green shiny from the zone, and return to Thurmore and give him the shard. You give him all the shards, and he says something cryptic, lets you leave the dream state and then no one remembers Thurmore from the quests. Everyone you talk to has never heard from him.
    You also get the title "the Dream Hero" from the quest.
    Here's the final Dialogue (typos may be mine since I'm just re-typing it):
    Thurmore D'armer says to you, "I have been eagerly awaiting your return. Were you able to find the last shard?"
    You say to Thurmore D'armer, "I belive I was. Is this what you were looking for?"
    Thumore D'armer says to you, "You have done a tremendous service. Not just to me, but quite possibly to all of Norrath as well. Now that I have all of the shards of my lost self, I can finally break free of this world, and return to the world I once called home."
    You say to Thumore D'armer, "You mean to the Heroes' Festival? I know many people were waiting for you."
    Thumore D'armer says to you, "No... I mean return to the memories and dreams of all across Norrath, return to my place I gave up so long ago. The memoreis and dreams of Norrath have helped to hold my shattered self until you came to help me gather those shards once again. Now, I am finally whole."
    You say to Thumore D'armer, "Wait... those weren't your dreams? Just who are you?"
    Thumore D'armer says to you, "You will know me once again. Now awaken, my friend. Your service will not be forgotten."
    You say to Thumore D'armer, "You leave me with many questions, but I will take my leave for now. Farewell to you."

That's the final dialogue, personally I don't think it's Kerafym, even though you might get that impression because everyone falls asleep around him, and he's known as "The Sleeper". To me, it'd be more like whatever EQ2's version of the Sandman is, or some other player that is involved in the world of dreams. Actually if I was going to guess anyone it would be Erollosi Marr, to be completed with the Erollosi day in February. If Mith Marr has freed her, then she was probably nothing but shards spread throughout Norrath, and she needs to be recombined in order to come back in her Goddess form. Which will probably involve the re-introduction of Halas, seeing as how I think the sleeping person was a Barbarian male (although I can't be sure).
  5. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

"Live server"....Test server?
    Just want to make sure I'm understanding which server is meant.
    Thanks in advance.
  6. ARCHIVED-Taurus_WD Guest

Live, I don't play on test. =/
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

He's known as "The Sleeper" because he was magically forced to sleep for eternity. His "Sleeping" had no actual impact on anyone around him, considering that nobody could physically get close to his body to touch him and fall asleep themselves due to the barrier the guardians put up.

"The Sleeper" has long since been a name thrown away. He's now and forever more "The Awakened"... at least until we kill him.

I can't access the game right now. i don't know when i will be allowed too, but I can only hope these quests will last at least for the rest of the week. I hope to have my computer back up and running in a few days.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    Sounds like Morrel Thule to me.
  9. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Kyrafyrm is a pretty strong dragon tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if he could pull crazy hat tricks.
  10. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    Nope, you're wrong.
  11. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    Nope, you're wrong.
  12. ARCHIVED-Taurus_WD Guest

Playing the anagram game, I can see at least one anagram that seems to make sense.
    The Dream Rumor? or The Rumor Dream.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Kriptini@Everfrost wrote:
    Wow, not even I am that blunt and arrogant. You should at least back yourself up with your claims that he is wrong. it seems you don't have any evidence to prove your theory yourself.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thoronve Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    ...or 'More Thru Dream'? (given he says we'll meet again)
    I can also see both Marr and Theer in there... 'Theer Do Um Marr'??
    -Thoronve-
  15. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Scroll back up and read the posts I've already made.
    And it's not like the guy explained how the quote was relevant to Morrel Thule at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I've read all your posts. You have no evidence that proves it's Kerafyrm. Just remember. Kerafyrm has been "The Awakened" for the last 500 years. He was only known as "The Sleeper" when he was forcefully kept asleep due to Dragon magics. He hasn't been put back to sleep since he was woken up.
  17. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Acuza@The Bazaar wrote:
    Erollisi Marr is completely and utterly dead. In the Shard of Love, Marr even talks about how she is completely and utterly dead. The devs have washed their hands with Erollisi.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The developers have also stated that the Shard of Love is only the BEGINNING of the story, and even Mithanial Marr himself inside the zone hints that it is possible for her to be reborn and return.
  19. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    O rly? I think I did a bit better than quoting a post and saying, "Morrel Thule."
    Cusashorn wrote:
    Was he ever awakened in the world of EQ2, or only awakened in the world of EQ1? Recall the book of Zebuxoruuk. Events that have taken place in EQ1 may not have taken place yet in EQ2.
  20. ARCHIVED-BrashForester Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    All these contradictions remind me of the Bible. /sigh