No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breanna Well-Known Member

I second what Gero said. Because this is getting/has gotten very annoying.
  2. Tyger Member

It still happens to me. It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still happens.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Note to Devs:
    1. Create 10 toons with nothing added to them that the playerbase doesn't have.
    2. Play them regularly and camp them to each other repeatedly.
    3. Shouldn't have a problem replicating the issue.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea it's happened to me 3 times already today and I'm not even done logging through everyone.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not dissing anyone, I'm just saying when the player base has a wide spread issue going on that's repeating itself day in and day out and no one at DBG who we repeatedly hear play this game can reproduce it, well, Your Honor, I rest my case.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've lost count today I'd say it's at least 10 because I'm doing a bunch of back and forth cleaning stuff up.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Ucep New Member

Just goes to show you how bad the server lag is now try raiding in it
    server just letting you know your still in game lol thats how server lag works
  8. Plauj New Member

That might be the funniest thing I've read in a while. I replicated it six times last night, and three this morning, and, from the look of this thread, so did lots of other people. Since anyone who has ever worked on the nerd side of IT know that there is a security log somewhere of all the times that someone tries to log in to our account(s) at a time when someone else is logged in, it makes one wonder what was even attempted in terms of "replicating" the problem.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

nothing funny. i had this problem few months ago. then i mostly played with boxes (having only 1 alt on any account). but i quite forgot about circumstances - exactly how it happened every time. and comparatively recently i was unable to reproduce this problem played only one toon. no matter how hard i tried
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

While I can't confirm this comment since it came from another player, one of the devs made a comment that they haven't been able to replicate it on the server they play and where all their characters reside. Which is not where the player base is located. If that's the case, it would explain a lot about the gaps. Again, I can't confirm this comment.
  11. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I find it happens most frequently when I'm camping from character to character to do something quick, such as a holiday harvest pony run. I am on each character for only a few seconds, not including the camping time, because that's all it takes me to click the pony, take the current harvests, and tell it to go for another set of holiday harvests. It's inconsistent, however. I have 41 characters with upgraded ponies; sometimes I can run through all of them without this error, and sometimes I encounter it three or four times per run.

I agree with several others - it appears to be a server lag problem. When a player is cycling through characters as quickly as that, the server can't keep up with it. It simply doesn't have enough time to load that character's data, and then dump it again, before having to load the next character's data.

I would suggest increasing the camp time from 20 seconds to something like 25 (since the problem started cropping up after decreasing the time from 30 seconds), but I have the feeling that would create an even bigger uproar over the entire player base.

There may not be a solution to this, other than finding a way of speeding up the servers, and that's not an easy thing to ask for. But the fact that the developers cannot duplicate this is absolutely unbelievable, at least if they are testing it from the same situation that players would be in. Seriously, are you actually trying it from a computer that is not on site? Or are you only testing it with computers that are in the DBG network?

My least favorite aspect of this specific error message is that it's crying wolf. If a situation arose where someone really was in my account and causing a problem, I wouldn't believe it, because I encounter this error message so frequently.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is mainly when I have it happen too. Although it happens even on the ones I spend the most time on, I'll check spells to see if they leveled, my merc, my mount, grab my harvest and then send out my overseers. And it will still happen. It happens to me a minimum of 1 time a day often more than that.
  13. Notagain New Member

This (this account is in use) has been happening for some time and continues to happen more and more often. It is becoming more and more frustrating as it seems to be just another thing that is failing with nothing done about it. Just my two cents - all I can spare right now.
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

We're looking into ways we can better track this down to fix.
    If you've experienced it recently, please privately send me your account name and a timestamp of when it last happened.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Will do, I had it happen this morning, unfortunately I have to take one of the cats to the vet tonight, so it would be tomorrow before I could get you any sort of time stamp. Hopefully maybe some others can get you what you need before I can.
    Soara2, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

I just logged in to the US server with no problem. But when I went to log into the UK server I got another fatal error that no assets were found. I have installed the US and UK versions on physically different drives as others suggested. I have no idea how to fix this problem
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

Ok. Either I'm a dope or this program puts files wherever it wants. It might be a combination of both. I uninstalled the program. I actually had 3 different copies because of login problems. So I did the uninstall and then reinstalled the program 2 times on physically different drives--one for the US server, Maj'Dul and one for the UK server. I also did disk checks on both drives before downloading the program and got clear checks.

Somehow I got the asset files for IoR, Thurgadin, and Maj' Dul on one copy and only Maj' Dul assets on the other. I admit I was probably a blithering idiot, by this point, so maybe I did something wrong. At this point, my head is spinning so I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Once again, the culprit seems to be: Games/EQ2/paks/VoiceOver_exp04_quest.vpk. Why this keeps going missing, or corrupted, is beyond me.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Almee, you don't have to run the installer for a second instance of the game on your computer. I have three installs of EQ2, and all I did for the second and third was just make a copy of the entire EQ2 folder to a slightly different name. It takes time, but not nearly as long as re-downloading the entire installation would have.

It's definitely useful to have multiple instances, if you do something like go back and forth from Live to Test, because you can just dedicate one of those installs to Test.

I have no idea what's going wrong with that voice pack, though. I vaguely recall hearing something a long while ago about a bug with some missing file in the EU install, and that you can simply copy the file over from your US install to the correct location. My guess would be that this would be one of the reasons to have multiple installs in this case, so you'll always have that file to re-copy back over again.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I just got bumped logging into Dartain's Research Hall so it isn't just changing characters too fast. The NPC, in S FP zoned me to the hall and I got the "Account in Use" message. I had to log out and try logging in two times before it allowed me back in the game.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

happened just now for me camping to an alt. sending pm to ratalthor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.