Things to Know about GU 61 (important!)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Melodii@Nagafen wrote:
    From Rothgar: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=505676
    Rothgar wrote:
  2. ARCHIVED-Temptrix Guest

I honestly believe that the people developing EQ2 dont have the slightest clue. They have no idea about proper itemization.
    If you look at all of the gear they have gone back and itemized and look at all the gear they left out...you can see they are completely out of touch, dont know what they are doing, and not educated in what EQ2 players really want.
    All of the "new zones" with the "new" gear is a complete joke. They gear has lower crit mit, lower crit, no red and yellow slots for red and yellow adorns....but they have over powered procs and blue stats (pot/cb) in relation to DoV raid gear before GU61.
    They obvious solution is staring SoE Devs and Smokejumper right in the face and they choose to ignore it. The solution is reitemizing all of the DoV gear to be more inline with the new gear from the new zones. It is completely idiotic to pretty much change every piece of gear in this game EXCEPT FOR DoV gear that we all had prior to GU61.
    This is another attempt to screw over the DoV raiding guilds, the toons with DoV raid gear, and make things more appealing to the casual player. IMO SoE should make things equally appealing to raiders and casuals.
    I see alot of people canceling their accounts over this....I actually hope they do.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bmitchell64 Guest

Is any one else having an update error with GU61; the first day of getting on EQ2 and the launcher cannot finish the update with an error coming up (even after removing the named file). i cannot figure out why the update will not finish.
    "There was a problem moving C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\lp_temp\assetdb.dll_delta_10833_5.patched to C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\assetdb.dll. Please make sure the game is not running"
    Of course, the game is not running since I cannot get past the launcher.
  4. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Bmitchell64 wrote:
    Might want to check the Tech Forums. There are many people who can't get into the game either.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...ow.m?forum_id=4
  5. ARCHIVED-Bmitchell64 Guest

I did a complete close out of the game and tried one more time to find it asking to run the game under Administrator. This option allowed the game to properly update and start. Since I am using the game on a new computer with Windows 7, there was probably a need to allow it to update under administrator, though I was on the game a few weeks ago, on this computer, with no problems.
  6. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

I love how some of my items have absolutely no INT on them at all.
    Atleast I'll be replacing them in a couple of levels, but since they were the best item I'd found for the slot, it's a little frustrating that the INT has been removed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ixoa Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    you can have most of my wardens raid gear as it's lost the wis stat and just has int and sta now ..even a full fury only leather armour set has all INT & STA on all the parts...I wonder if SOE have got a Quality Control Section that check all theses updates,to me it looks like they don't as they expect us to bug the items for them .....
    With the ammount of bugs,issues ect ect with this GU it would of been better to delay it ,ok may not of been popular but pushing somthing out that is in truth ....... ( not working as it should be) is better?

coming up to 7 years and still wondering if SOE will ever get a GU right first time instead of taking weeks to sort it out
  8. ARCHIVED-Samulbrar Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=450973&post_id=5618536 Please do not circumvent the language filter.
  9. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I'm holding on to my gear as I'm wondering if things will be corrected or changed as they get reports on them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

IMPOTENT! (i spelled that wrong deliberately)
    GU61 is Officially F U B A R !
    Sincerely,
    Your paying customers