Things to Know about GU 61 (important!)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Chakos Guest

Arckon wrote:
    Rofl, yes you did -- t4 or t9, pvp dead everywhere else. Auto Carnage flag in t2 zones, no toughness / pvp gear in t3, etc.
    Saying that the loss of the Shadows tree in t4 wrecks the pvp is a crutch -- it should not be a requirement for active pvp, period. The gear separation and rewards for griefing, as well as the new mount types, have each, separately, done more to harm Naggy than this change will.
  2. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

This is the first GU that I wish that they would put off a week so I can get things sorted out on my end. For some reason I thought it was going to hit in September. :/
  3. ARCHIVED-fergusnutzak Guest

So, all the work I did for getting AA; into the shadows tree is for naught? Only Lvl 50 (+)?
    Arrrrghgh!!! nuts ! Arrgh !!
    I just checked, 51 AA in Shadows, for naught... Thanks SOE.
  4. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Gretcheen@Nagafen wrote:
    *eyeroll*
    You still have those 50 AA points, you'll just have to spend them elsewhere. This seems like an aweful lot of hand-wringing over mostly positive changes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Will AA mirrors have their stored profiles wiped out, since those profiles will no longer be valid?
  6. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Spend 1 point in your first tab and load that onto the mirror. If you can't overwrite the spec loaded on the mirror already then just destory the mirror and make a new. They are cheap enough to just toss away. That way you'll have 2 spec's with only a single point spent that you can setup anyway you like while we are all trying to figure out what the next 'best' spec will be.
    I know as a summoner, I'll be respecing 4 or 5 times in the next week trying to weed out all the fluff and try to find that actual spec in all those junk AA's they decided to replace DPS AA's with.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

Just to clafiry - can we unequip all items that we are happy with, and equip all items we weant to pass to alts/strip adorns from before that patch meaning we can log in and just put the good gear on and all the hand me down stuff will be in overflow?
    Also, if we load our current AA into a mirror it will be there when we log in?
    Thanks.
    Just trying G D damage limitation on 14 toons.
  8. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Nrgy wrote:
    I am aware of how I can wipe out a mirror, however, I have no desire to pay for this for 2+ mirrors on 8 characters. I'd prefer if the mirrors were simply loaded with a blank spec so I can rebuild them properly without spending all the money.
  9. ARCHIVED-slippery Guest

Banditman wrote:
    This. Mirror spec's need to be cleared with the update, and I'm pretty sure they aren't.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

slippery wrote:
    Correct, they appear to be cleared on test.
  11. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Unles the first line of the Shadow tree is moved someplace else, yes it will be a pain to wait til level 50 to unlock them. Though honestly, I never touched that tree until my first 2 tabs were filled up. But most players, I assume, went for the extra health/mana/speed/etc there before other things.
    So yeah ... I can see why it stinks ... ((you have to be kidding me, s**ks is censored haha)) .
  12. ARCHIVED-Miznit Guest

What does this do to the stuff we have on our hotbars, though? As an SK, I kinda rely on my Harm Touch, and have a hotkey for it. Will the hotkeys get cleared also, or will I just need to go back in and put the AAs back?
  13. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Hopefully with the extra 2 days they will recrate raid armor.
  14. ARCHIVED-tutur Guest

15. ARCHIVED-tutur Guest

---> need all ado pop-off and not equipped only
  16. ARCHIVED-Bekkr Guest

Miznit wrote:
    Harm Touch isn't an AA skill.
  17. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

At the risk of sounding over simplistic .... why can't we have a reset button on our AA mirrors?
    That is unless they really are going to be reset as well?!? Every current AA mirror will be redundant.
  19. ARCHIVED-MidnightDragon Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    As per usual, not a single word about what is actualy being changed. Thanks for being vague.
    What we would have liked to have seen:
    1) Details reguarding what changes in AA will be made.
    2) Are there revamps to AA lines? If so what are they and how badly did you screw up characters we got comfortable with?
    3) Are there new AA lines we will have access too? If so, please detail them for us.
    4) Rumor circulated about the butchering of how high level characters will no longer be able to grind AA, why would you ruin our fun and how we play if this rumor is true?
    5) How will the changes to AA effect obtaining AA?
    6) What gear changes have been made and why did it take six years to finaly change Vanilla equipment? (Gotta love that bow from Death Fist Citadel that is for fighters only and has ordination and wisdom on it....nice bow right there.)
    7) is there any change to actualy make end game gear (Mastercrafted) any good compared to the items one can get simply by going to the Public Raid Quests? Crafting used to be valuable, now it is ignored.
    8) Is this update preperation for the expansion, since it does seem a bit -late- to actualy bother with any of this after mentioning EQ3?
    9) Will you be ever adding quests for low levels so we dont have to grind after an islands innitial 6 starting quests that just lead back to the docks again or is this revamp just a gear change for levels we all power-level past in five minutes? (You see, its not even worth fixing any of that low level gear unless you have reason for us to actualy BE low level. Which you do not. Low level quests are spread thin, dull, and generaly lead into places well above the capability of a normal character that is solo. Look at thundering steps quests, per example. The whole wopping three quests. Try them, and see where they lead. Assuming you speak Hallasian, you might get four quests.)
    10) Ridge Racer and Giant Enemy Crab. Nuff said.
  20. ARCHIVED-MidnightDragon Guest

Xenxex@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Why? You got bored of mentoring down and wiping out entire zones, nw you want to mentor down and take entire continents?