The point of the Rivervale server is...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghostouls, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Spectre Active Member

You do realize this is a business?
    Geroblue, Siren and Breanna like this.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I think they do realize it. I think you may be forgetting the fact that this will be a sub only server. So the business will be making money from that.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

DBG sells plenty of stuff on the other sub only servers. Why would this be different?
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Really? :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the heads up;)

Anyway, I have pretty much given up on what I would like to see from these guys and just hope going forward they can make a fun game.
    The Old Battlegrounds would definitely be a plus tho
    parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Kittik Well-Known Member

I'm one of those old customers. As long as they DO NOT allow creating characters at level 85/95/100 (whatever it is) I would come back to play EQ2 on a completely fresh server. Even better, if they had a TLP server. I'd be there in a heartbeat.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

There is a TLP/TLE server. It's called Kaladim.

You'll probably be disappointed in Rivervale, even though nobody's forcing you to start at level 90 there.
    Siren, Dude, parissa and 3 others like this.
  7. Kilar Active Member

It's just been announced that you will be able to start at lvl 95 on Rivervale.
    parissa likes this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I think the original point even after the FAQ is posted still stands. They talk about establishing communities but there is hardly enough players on current servers to make it fun and playable.

Whats the point of riverdale? Yall keep spreading the player base and you dont have the ressources to even take care of the current servers.
    Rhodris and Drona like this.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with the above. I think they have missed the mark on this. Yes its nice to establish new communities but there is nothing different about level 95 which is different from Live servers so I don't think EQ2 now have enough players to get drawn in but we will see I guess. EQ2 vanilla was completely different game so the TLE servers have a pull and same won't apply to this server.
    Siren and Rhodris like this.
  10. blackshad New Member

I can see one advantage (but rather short term) :
    I enjoyed the TLe's but they stopped at Age of Discovery period...On Rivervale, i"ll be able to find groups to level through the 2-3 next expansions that i enjoyed...
    On live, you can't do that, it's a total ghost town
    parissa likes this.
  11. Xevran Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm kind of surprised they aren't talking about server merges. I came back to do NotD and Skyfire is a ghost town. I have never seen a server that dead in the history of the game, I rerolled on Maj'Dul and there's actually people on this server which is an improvement. I've seen others say that AB is even more dead than Skyfire which I find difficult to believe.

Either way what this server says to me is that Daybreak is clueless as to why people left the game and aren't coming back. It's not the game itself, it's not leveling, and it's not feeling left behind. It's the terrible business model and exploitative pay to win mechanics. If you want people to come back then ease off on the pay to win.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

This past week Skyfire was busy with folks doing the grave digging, wake the dead, in Qeynos.

Didn't see many doing that in Kelethin platforms nor in Timorous Deep areas.
    Siren and parissa like this.
  13. EQ_Jack Active Member

I do find the rivervale server introduction a bit intriguing. From my angle I am a subscriber (15 bucks a month). I have toons that have been around since the beginning of the game. I've come and gone from the game multiple times. mostly just needing a break. other times disgusted with newly introduced grind via Ascension, and resolve systems and frustrated with simple things like not having ability to have unlimited hot bars. seems such an easy thing to provide :).

Now if Riverdale brought back 3^ heroics in the outside zones, made leveling slow (no power leveling to 90 in a day), added some UI improvements like ability to create as many hotbars as I want and maybe a better quest step to map indicator system. I actually might be interested in playing through again.

Right now.. I came back ran through the signature quest lines AND crafting/harvesting for PoP and Chaos. Did the Days of summer quest line, geared up, adorned up, got the advanced pack pony and now have hit a wall again. leveling ascension spells is slooow as mud. Broker auctions are super expensive and I won't pay to buy my upgrades and I have limited play time. Not sure what to do. love the world, the music, but I hit walls with this game. I don't raid, and I have limited time and D.F. is dead.

Maybe instead of steady stream of expansions and new servers they should think about EQ3.
    Juraiya and Korochun like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

AB isn't that dead, its just most of the people are decorators or roleplayers and they do not have general chat turned on and most stay inside private venues and homes either roleplaying or decorating. You will find people if you join RPLFG channel and/or Homeshow channel.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Xevran like this.
  15. Zinj Well-Known Member

Ah, but the Rivervale server should make everyone start as a halfling for the first month before opening up the other races.

And Daybreak needs to stop screwing up the same way everyone has running Everquest I and II since day 1 by not aggressively marketing their product! Advertise for Business Sake!
    Cyrrena, Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Pretty sure the time that would have helped has long since passed.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure as when I mention Everquest, people either ask 'What is that ?" or they say something similar to 'Is it still around ?'.
    Cyrrena likes this.