The point of the Rivervale server is...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghostouls, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Coupons for anything you can, especially groceries (I take the money, that it says on my receipt "You saved $3.81" and it goes in my change jar as I would have spent it anyway without the coupons. People think I am a vampire, why.. no lights in the house unless I am in that room and need them. I don't leave tv's on and running, like movies streaming and no one watching them. Change... get a change jar or piggy bank, don't spend any change you get and dump it in the jar. Make your food last longer, use your leftovers. Don't go out to eat (brown bag it for work, if you work). Don't make unnecessary trips and use your gas up. There are many, many ways to save money and save up.

Also, I can't remember when I have had to pay actual money, although my CC is registered, if I get lazy. I sell stuff make plat, buy Kronos. I have toons on Kaladim, HoF, and IoR, and my Krono works there too. So unless they plan on not allowing krono on that server, you can earn plat and buy krono.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

I understand everything you pointed out because I do the basic same thing. But as I have stated before I live on SS and it's not much therefore it takes me much longer to save money. I wish it weren't true but it is. I wish there was some type of work I could do to draw in a little extra income. As of yet I haven't found anything. That is unless you want to do GPT sites and they are okay but only pay pennies for a thirty minute survey. Not exactly worth the time or effort. Go out to eat?? Surely thy jest! I haven't been out to eat in more years than I can count! I can't drive I'm in a wheelchair. I have to use public transportation. Which I can't even do that because of where I'm located. Saving money when one lives on SS is not as easy as you might think.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, parissa and 2 others like this.
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Uhh, what are you classing as "older"? Maybe your sample source is skewed? I certainly wouldn't say the majority of people I've played with over the years have been older. Maybe 20% or so. The people who raid, the ones who are willing to spend $ for that kind of stuff rather than grind it out are probably more working professionals and younger folk with disposable incomes.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  4. Xevran Well-Known Member

You'd think the devs would want to encourage people to raid to experience more of the content they're creating, and not try to gate it behind time or money commitments like raiding is a low quality mobile game.

Edit: I should say I'm basing this comment on what people are saying here, I haven't raided since CoE. So I don't know how true it is that raiding is gated behind significant time/money sinks.
    Jaeded, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Between spell research, familiars, ascension levels, infusion, and the obscene amount of plat floating around the economy, to even catch up to the bottom tier of raiding is probably a good few weeks grind. Unless you drop that sweet, sweet $, of course.
    Jaeded, Soara2 and Siren like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

To me 45-50 years of age is older folks. I have ran into very few younger folks while I play. Maybe it's the times I play. Not sure but I have my doubts that my view is skewed.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really class 45-50 as "older". Besides, people in that age group are probably established in their careers, and if they have kids, they are most likely already in college or out on their own. They probably have spare money for the first time in years. Then you have people like me, in their mid 30s, no kids, professional career, with disposable income. Most of the people I have played with are within 10 years either side of me. The only time I've seen the demographics around me skewed towards older folks would be during work hours when I was out of work. I'm pretty sure it's selection bias.

Regardless, people out there have money to spend, and are obviously willing to spend it in game. That's why Daybreak are all too happy to give people things to spend money on. I'd like for this server to move away from that, but I won't hold my breath.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

You and I just see things differently. I've already been in that age group and it is very much part of the older folks. Anyways, I disagree that people have all this disposable income. Working or not.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and parissa like this.
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Uhh, OK, if you say so.

Anyways, the thread's at risk of veering way off topic and probably going to end up getting locked at this rate.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Most of the players whose ages I know are in their 50s and 60s... with a few 70+. It is true, however, that I don't know the ages of everybody I play with.
    Jaeded, Soara2, Leloes and 1 other person like this.
  11. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Heads up: there are no where near 100k customers on this game. Look-ups do not equal unique accounts.

Edit:
    Actually, I don't know any way you can infer a value like that from census.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I had disposable income until I was 67, when I retired. I'm over 70 now and I have to watch my money. Some months I forget and try to spend more than I have. Doesn't work though.
  13. Warlyx Active Member

so many things to work before u even think about raiding its not even funny , and its the main issue tons of ppl face when thinking about returning.

edit : im on my 30's and the ppl i know that still plays eq2 is on the 50-60 range mostly
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

They say 50 is the new 30 :p
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Pantaro and 6 others like this.
  15. parissa Well-Known Member

I wish they would hurry up and release the FAQ's... I thought I read somewhere that it's suppose to be this week.... So far from the really no other description other than you have to pay to play on that server... (Reminds me of when you couldn't even log on unless you were subscribed)... I wonder if it will be like IoR just not free trade... But basically the same or if it will be like from day one when the servers first opened, like someone mentioned pre-cash shop... Either way it will be interesting to see which way they jump with the new server...
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The FAQ will probably drop tomorrow or Friday. The fact that they haven't yet, suggests to me that they haven't internally finalized what it will entail.
    parissa, Rosyposy, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

50 is the new 30? LOL I guess that makes me the new 41!:D
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes it does LOL I keep having anniversary's of by 39th birthday for a while now.
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Juraiya and 5 others like this.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Those were non-unique lookups from census. Unique lookups provided roughly 30-50k people in 2018. Since we will never get the real numbers from the company, the only data available is via census lookups, and if that showed a large decline it is a good hypothesis that the true population showed a large decline. In any event, the analogy stands: there was a drop in people, and there is no correlation with F2P people causing lag.
    Rosyposy, Soara2, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

That makes more sense. We used the same data, and based on unique look-ups we discounted those by a guesstimated average of 4 toons per account, and further discounted that number by assuming that no more than 20% of accounts are likely f2p. We ended up with an active population of around 7-10k.

In any case, and population inferences aside, in total agreement with you about your net conclusions.
    Soara2 likes this.