The point of the Rivervale server is...?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghostouls, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Cash shops have been in the Asian MMOs for a lot longer. You have to buy everything in those games, bag slots, higher tiered crafting materials, bank space, etc.
    parissa, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

I'm mid-late 20s and I've ran into quite a few people my age on TLE. Quite a few people older than me too of course, this game definitely has an older population compared to some other games.

And yeah I'm awaiting the FAQ too. I was thinking about returning for this expansion and if the Rivervale FAQ looks good it might seal the deal. Surprised it's taking this long to get it.
    Rosyposy and Soara2 like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I play Runes of magic and that game stays up because of the cash shop
    Otherwise it's free to play for everybody and the expansions are also for free , so don't under estimate the power of the cash shop .
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

When kaladim came out, have spent roughly $150.00 between Kronos and market place items for the fun experience I am having. This is not needed on live servers. I haven't spent much in Station cash on live because it's all fluff. But, Kaladim is needed stuff, I mean... how can you roll around as an assassin without the green glowy gear? It was a must purchase!
    I see your point, yes, they get more money out of nostalgic servers because new servers are just too complicated.

My question... if you can see sooooo much energy by the player base in nostalgic servers, how well do you think an EQ3 would be welcomed. Very much in my world of friends. We did Kaladim, but after this, that's about 25 accounts that will probably hang it up, we are slowly drifting apart. Good friends, but we have talked about starting to look at Sea of Thieves for our group play. We love the game but the new content is just too much. Too many spells, too many numbers to crunch to make the character well played. Kaladim was a nice break. I will not be going to the new server myself.
    Jaeded, Cyrrena, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I tried that one when Sony got hacked a few years back. I guess I'm just too old school. I'd rather pay a sub than be nickled and dimed for basic stuff... like bags..
    Warlyx, Pantaro, ConcealFate and 7 others like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we don't really know anything about this new server , wouldn't it be cool if they streamlined the last 5 or 6 expansions to make things more simple ? I think that would pull a lot of people back in .

yea and we got soooooooo much storage in RoM you get all that loot and no place to put it

streamlined , like not so bulky , not so complicated.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the new PvP enabled server.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Streamlined?
    You mean like the Golden path?
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Lets just called it Riverfail right now then
  10. parissa Well-Known Member

Okay.... the suspense is driving me batty ( like the one I am still trying to catch from the pumpkin tossing)... I really wanna see if the new server is something I wanna go for.... where oh where are those faqs...
    Soara2, Siren, Xevran and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kilar Active Member

I

I have just stopped playing ESO and returned to EQ2. These are my reasons for doing so:-

1. It can take me up to 3hrs to get to the character login screen on ESO. (sometime just can't login at all).
    2. Once in game the lag is horrendous in towns and pvp areas. (Its often so bad your character cannot move, can't fire off spells/skills, pretty much stuck looking at a screen waiting for the game to load around your character.
    3. The cash shop in ESO is not cheap. Houses, Mounts, Pets, xp scrolls, Appearance armour/cloths etc can cost 100's of £/$. Although you can get most items just by playing the game.

Don't get me wrong, ESO is an amazing game I played it through Beta. It just has overloaded, poorly optimised servers and they will not invest in new ones to redistribute and ease the load.

I know people are complaining about lag in EQ2 but if you (Tried) to play ESO for a week and then come back to play EQ2 you would breathe a huge sigh of relief and smile.

I know this is off topic but wanted to add something to Jovie's post.
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Juraiya like this.
  12. Spectre Active Member

I rarely get lag in eq2.
    I play ESO and am in character select in 5 minutes and in game 5 minutes after I choose my character.

I think you need to upgrade your computer =P
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  13. Kilar Active Member

I get very little lag in EQ2 either. Are you on the American server for ESO? I am on the European one. If you read ESO forums you will see that I am not the only person that has the problems with ESO I have outlined.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Back on topic here: I hope Daybreak permanently adds those research reduction drops (at a good drop rate, too!) to Rivervale. :cool: It's a sub only server, so it shouldn't be so grindy and forcefully pay to win.
    Warlyx, Soara2, parissa and 3 others like this.
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking too. Cap research at Master or Grandmaster, and then maybe increase drops for the crafting stuff. And then add a daily or something for an 4/8hr research reduction (and make them heirloom).

Edit: to clarify, I am not saying hard-cap research necessarily at M or GM, but rather, you can only pay $ up to that point. Otherwise to speed it up you need the drops, daily, or to get them crafted.
    Soara2 and Juraiya like this.
  16. Roadkillusa Active Member

Please put the city villages back in for this server also. I want to have Willow Woods on a live server.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Not going to happen I'm afraid. At least not as they were back in the day.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

So I read your post and immediately logged onto sub-only Isle of Refuge to check...and man, no neighborhoods there! I tried to make a go of it there originally to avoid holiday lag, but it's just so dead....so I don't main it and hadn't realized..... Hmmm.

All the servers hosting up through Chaos Descending right now (F2P live and IoR) don't have neighborhoods; they must currently be coded to TLs only (even Nagafen's seasons, including its beta, had them).

Daybreak is trying to keep them sub-only I suspect, but they're going to have to find a way to code them to Rivervale and IoR too. Great observation!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

There was something before Kaladim launched where a dev said they would be on Kaladim first and then at some point later would be back on the live servers. I wish I had the time, exact quote, and who said it. Unfortunately, I don't.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I remember seeing that also, but yea no memory here on who said it or where.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Siren and 2 others like this.