The Niboota House Challenge!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Kokorobosoi Active Member

I totally forgot about that room lol! I hope so too!!
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I don't know where that room is! I'm curious now.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Same. Do tell, please? I'm also curious!
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Here is the situation with this house...it is HUGE. There are many rooms. Not all rooms have the same item count assigned since they are different sizes. Even tho there is a guild hall door, teleporters, mailbox, marketboard, house actor, and fuel/harvest depots, the only item that really needs to stay is the guild hall door which I asked Team DVC to put in their facade teleporter room. If you really want the guild hall door in your room then please post here so we know about it. If the other items stay then it will come out of the person using those items count. For the entry area which I labeled Area 1, it can be decorated if there is item count left from another room. I thought that this area doesn't really have to be decorated cuz I have seen a few published that left it as is and it was fine. The flowing glacier room I called breakout area which is what Guinvere really wants to decorate so I assigned room where she can close off the room and just have the item count to do the flowing glacier room keeping in mind then 2 item count is for the teleporters. Or can do a simple room leaving a few item count to do flowing glacier room or beg for item count. Team DVC first said that they would probably not need the their entire room 6 count but I think there was a mix up with thinking ALL rooms get the same item count limit. If you will have extra item count please let Febirth and Guinvere know right away so they can use for those spaces or if you really want to see those spaces decorated and can give up some item count please let them know...and be specific so say you can only give up 50 building block count...then say 50 building block count. Some said I should give each room 200 item count but well there are too many rooms for that. Here is the breakdown of item count again:

Rooms 1-5: 200 regular items, 200 building blocks, 300 books* for each room
    Rooms 6-7: 50 regular items, 50 building blocks, 150 books* for each room
    Room 8: 100 regular items, 100 building blocks, 200 books* for each room
    Area 1: Open area. Must stay within assigned item limit or beg others for some of their item count.
    This way we get to know each other :D
    Breakouts: Must stay within assigned item limit or beg others for some of their item count.

Even tho Niboota didn't want to come up with theme and wants people to do whatever they want in their space, some of you mentioned what room they are doing so Niboota doesn't end up with 7 kitchens or whatever. Team DVC didn't want any limits or hodge podge so they are doing a full house together. I don't like to limit people but I had to come up with some limits with item count. There is nothing stopping you decorators from saying no we want to do this instead. Everyone must agree tho since it isn't just one server working together to make one final house. I am just crossing my fingers and toes that I don't have to beat my head on my desk because the item count goes over the house limit when combining everything. I guess Uwk was right to pick name with the word Challenge in it. Hopefully you all know how to be very creative with very small counts.
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's at the very top in the main room.

skyfire
    unpubbed kromzek
    qeynos side
    guinvere's winter sanctuary
    teleporter in front of the giant broken tree leads to it.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Let me see if I have teleporters in my house that go up to an empty flowing glacier that I can open for people to see the room if can come to AB.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

btw, if anyone has a better name for what to call that room, I'd love to know it. the walls look like they are carved out of glaciers and they flow with back lighting movement, it's not static. a buddy and I came across it last winter and the name stuck for now. It takes a good deal of effort to get up there, but so worthy it for the unique beauty.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Awesome!

Ocarinah
    unpubblished Kromzek
    freeport side

For my AB house which only has mannequins in the moving crate and teleporters out. Be careful! I put the teleporter so you can see the total breakout areas. You have to jump a small gap to get into the flowing glacier room (you can see a little gray floor piece near teleporter). If you do jump into the glacier room you are stuck unless you jump down. Make sure you have a floaty cloak on or something cuz you can die from that jump.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

ummm yeah... I forgot and logged out up there last week... thankfully the tree in mine is what I landed on and saved me by a hair from dying. it appeared just before I hit bottom. i really wish they didn't make us render first *sigh*.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. kianne Well-Known Member

hi sorry to bother you but im not sure im following this at all!!
    "Rooms 6-7: 50 regular items, 50 building blocks, 150 books* for each room"
    is that each person per room or between both of us? does that also take in to consideration the front area or the glacial room thing that guinvere has put her name down for .... because 50 ic is going to go no where fast... (example -my atm machine took 13 items alone just to make that!) and i dont think i can personally make anything decent with 50 items or less, even more so if its split between 2 of us particularly if guinvere is wanting to make a water feature garden and wanting to do a break out as well and use the ic assigned ?! can somebody please explain a little clearer, because as the way im reading it its not going to be practical for more than one person to do a small room,and sadly i may (as much as i dont want to ) have to opt out....:(
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Each room would have the fifty items and fifty building blocks, as i understood it. The good thing is those two rooms are small, and with building blocks fully employed you can do a lot with custom built walls, furniture, wall art. I think it'll be ok. It is 100 things (blocks and furniture) plus books. You can always shrink the space by skinning it to a layout you feel more comfortable with. (I think that's the route Cynara/Melyshia are going to take with our library room, so the walls are probably going to be halasian or some other deep wood look.)

I'm going to rein in my normal 'clutter deco', you know, the little Knick knack stuff, and really focus on bang for the buck items. That and building with books. Lol. Zero item count books shall be utilized a bunch!
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

kianne you can fully deco the room, i can happily wait till the rest is done to see what's left over in space wise for the breakout flowing glacier room.
  13. kianne Well-Known Member

:D the size of the room or shrinking of it isn't the problem..... ive managed to turn the house in the vale of the half pint (just the house for ff one yr for some one) in to a 5 roomed cozy home...and i have just finished my Notd area which i had left to use was 100ic ( and even then i winced ) on my felwithe home (that was after using a 200 and 100 expander for the main area making the house ic 1200)and i also used 32 starry night tiles and 16 mossy dividers and 16 grassy tiles(at max size)( just to make a small environment for my witches home which incorporated the back wall as part of the house i also used building blocks to make the fire place and oven to try and keep the ic down )and the bare minimum decoration and i ran out of ic for the final few items(and that was with 100ic limit) which i probably would needed 20 more spaces not even that!.
    My problem is the small ic for 2 decorators that's 25 ic, 25 tiles and 75 books(which i dont use)per person to do there own little bit for this project who have two very different ideas on what they want to do and that doesn't take in to consideration a break out... with only a 50 ic limit... it wont be practical for 2 people... please dont get me wrong or miss understand my concern , I personaly would not be happy with my end result..so i think to be fair to guinvere so she can do her watery garden thing and ice break out room she's gonna need the ic, so i will have to respectfully opt out so she can do her thing.... im more than happy to contribute by making anything needed for her or donate stuff ,same as fae or even being there to support her if she need or wants an opinion on how she's doing...
  14. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Oh I'm dumb. Sorry Kianne, I forgot you were sharing item counts, I had it in my mind you were on your own and you and she were not in the same room area. I'm fail. I see what your concern is now. Maybe pm Ocarinah? I don't mind giving you some of our item count. We can make it work. :)
  15. Kokorobosoi Active Member

kianne, do you use books to decorate? I can give up most of my book count for sure if you want?
  16. Kokorobosoi Active Member

hmm...is it too late to claim a tele pad? :D I'm horrid at building staircases
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

well the glacier room will need one dedicated telepad
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Okay everyone. I am very sorry this has been so confusing. I was sent a private message that I should now change this whole thing so that the Kromzek is only a portal house for Niboota to get to a house that each team completely decorates. I have asked Niboota for a full list of houses that are off limits. She is willing to buy prestige houses and gave me a list of her top three (Personal Grotto, Maj'dul Astronomer's Tower, and Personal Planetarium) but is open to buying any of them if she doesn't already own them. I cannot afford to buy a bunch more houses to provide them for people. If one person on each server has a house that is available and willing to team up with people on their server to decorate it as a team, we can do the challenge this way instead. People can still decorate room(s) in Kromzek house as long as there is a portal room to team houses.

Team DVC already picked Ethernere Enclave as a house the 3 of them are decorating together on Maj'Dul from the very start. They were going to stick to non-rare items as much as possible but now need house actors and there have been a couple people on AB willing to go harvest rares for them. As long as people try to stick to non-rare items as well or get others that for sure can help with rare items on AB, give me (Building) access to their house, and I push the end date to end earlier so I have time to get all the houses compiled on AB then I could be okay with this new plan. If there are a couple people that don't want to do a whole house with one or a couple people on their server and would like to decorate the Kromzek with a facade for the portals to all the houses that would be cool too....something where it is clear where a house portal could go without having the actual portal.

Decorators on Each Server
    Antonia Bayle has 3 people (Arynel, Melyshia, Boglily if nobody on Stormhold wants to team up)
    Halls of Fate has 3 people (Alynaryne, Vdova, Valzen)
    Isle of Refuge has 1 person (Ennia)
    Maj'Dul has 3 people (Daemora, Vasciagio, and Ceyarrecks)
    Skyfire has 2 people (Guinvere, Kianneoftroi)
    Stormhold has 1 person (Boglily if others want to team up)
    Thurgadin has 2 people (Febrith, Yamantanka)
    Test has 0 people

Please keep in mind not everyone wanted a big space to decorate. Let me know if I missed anyone (left out non-decorator helpers from list).

Houses Off Limits to Pick
    Ethernere Enclave (Team DVC picked)
    Fearful Retreat Portal
    Freeblood Portal
    Freeport City House, Jade Tiger
    Hall of Champion
    Non-evil city houses
    Oakmyst Glade
    Residence of the Blades Portal
    Skyblade Skiff Launchpad
    Storm Tower Isle

Special Houses She Does Own & Can Be Picked
    Dimensional Pocket
    Everfrost Portal
    Lavastorm Portal
    Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep Portal *
    Will buy any prestige or evil city house not on off limits list if doesn't own it

* Might be second house split into rooms which Building can provide on all servers like Kromzek

Summary
    Joining Server Team by February 28th, 2017
    Challenge Ends June 1st, 2017
    Presented to Niboota July 7th, 2017 (her birthday)
    Houses available until August 1st, 2017 (just in case)

Each team picks a house available
    If on AB, can decorate Niboota's actual house, otherwise...
    One person on each server donates use of a house for challenge until August 1, 2017
    Each server team decides how to split item count, rooms, etc. up themselves and decorates
    You can decorate a house individually as well, not restricted to teams only
    Team indicates if open to others joining by February 28th, 2017 or not
    If rare items are needed on AB, gets someone on AB to donate these items
    Building gets access to all houses so I can get layout to recreate on AB
    Each team will be responsible for teleporters, guild hall door, marketboard, mailbox, depots, house actors, they feel is needed
    If Niboota House Actor is needed, you can save appearance from the Kromzek Niboota House Actor to load on yours

Individuals not wanting to group can decorate in the Kromzek house as long as one room is still portal room*
    Portal room will have the guild hall door incorporated in it
    Kromzek item count can be split differently, each person can ask for room and specific item count**
    I will update map of Kromzek when someone requests a room and will show remaining item count
    Kromzek house rooms do not have to follow other people's theme
    Kromzek house will still be a compiled house

* Team DVC doesn't necessarily have to be ones decorating portal room
    ** Indicate regular item count, building block count, book item count. Cannot exceed the remain item count of house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does everyone want to do this instead? Please let me know. Team DVC doesn't need to respond. I will update Kromzek map, Kromzek Item Count, and Non Kromzek House Assignment List. Will grant access to AB house asap, if decorator is on AB.

If you want to do this instead please provide the following (even if staying with Kromzek room but okay with change):

Decorator Name:
    Server Name:
    House Name: Kromzek or other house
    If Kromzek, desired item count: ## regular item count, ## building block count, ## book count
    If NOT Kromzek...
    Will work as Team: Yes or No
    Open to more joining team before February 28th: Yes or No
    Team Member(s): If solo, just list your name

OR

If you want to keep Challenge as it is currently setup, please let me know. I can add Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep house that can be split up into rooms and this extra house can just have a certain number of people sign up with exact same item count per person instead of per room. Building would be able to provide the Dhalgar house on each server like did with Kromzek. However, I will not be able to buy the marketplace expander. Team DVC doesn't need to respond. Please give this info:

Decorator Name:
    Server Name:
    House Name: Kromzek or Dhalgar
  19. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Well, I built a five (?) room spa into room four of the krom. Sooo....I guess sign me up for room four. Ive stayed within my original limits....just. I'm open to doing more, but I don't have any open prestige homes. Well, no. I have a mistmoore that has sat on my original toon for years empty since I don't know what to do with it- LOL
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I think I'd like to stick with the room in Kromzek if that works.
    Decorator Name: Alynaryne
    Server Name: Halls of Fate
    House Name: Kromzek

I do have most of the other houses if we need one to decorate.