The Niboota House Challenge!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Uwk came up with the idea of running "The Niboota House Challenge!" where a group of Niboota's fan club would decorate a house for Niboota. It is an excellent idea!!! Niboota has run a couple of decorating contests and a zillion house touring videos. Did a little questioning about what we should do. Here are the details you all have been waiting for so you all can get started:

The Niboota House Challenge!
    This challenge is open to ANYONE regardless of decorating skill level on ANY non-event server (so NOT Race To Trakanon and any new event server that launches before end of this challenge). There are many ways you can participate, so you don't even have to be a decorator. Niboota lives on Antonia Bayle and Stormhold. The Kromzek Keep house will on the Antonia Bayle server and will be a compiled house from each of the servers so that as many people that want to contribute have a chance. The Dhalgar house will on the Antonia Bayle server and will be a compiled house from each of the servers so that as many people that want to contribute have a chance. If there is a need to add house(s) due to large numbers wanting to decorate, I will work with Niboota to get more. If you plan on decorating, you can sign up individually or as a team. Hopefully we all will have tons of fun, learn cool things and make lots of new friends.

When
    This challenge will start immediately and ends Saturday, July 1st 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST so that her house(s) can be revealed to her on Friday, July 7th 2017 which is her birthday.

Theme
    Niboota does NOT want to limit people's creativity so any theme goes for your assigned area. If you need some hints of what Niboota likes...she LOVES anything nature-y, spooky, clickies (especially frostfell trees), backpacks, and new items from this past year.

Restrictions
    Due to the house being compiled, any house item that is more rare (needs certain faction, high level quest reward, promotional item, special currency item, etc.) should be avoided. If you really really really want such an item, please post here asap to ask if obtaining the item on Antonia Bayle is possible. If you are dead set on using a Marketplace item for the Antonia Bayle house(s), make sure that you either gift the item to Antonia_Bayle.Niboota or be available to place item inside Niboota's actual house before the deadline. If using hard to get outfits/weapons/etc. for dressing mannequins/house actors, please post here asap to ask if obtaining the item on Antonia Bayle is possible.

Details
    People can decorate on their home server in their assigned area and a limited amount of item count. Once the deadline is reached each layout will be saved and then compiled on the Antonia Bayle server in Niboota's actual house. The Stormhold server will be an exception where decorating will happen in Niboota's actual house from the start.

Kromzek Keep House
    On Antonia Bayle, Halls of Fate, Isle of Refuge, Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Public Test, and Thurgadin Servers the house will be the Kromzek Keep. I have a character named "Building" on each of these servers which owns the Kromzek Keep house for use for this challenge. All of the resource house items (except guild hall door can be removed once getting close to end of item count space).

[IMG]

[IMG]
    The Kromzek Keep has a maximum item count of 1200 regular items, 1200 building blocks and 2000 books. The house is split into 8 rooms. Here is the breakdown of item count limit for each assigned area:

Rooms 1-5: 200 regular items, 200 building blocks, 300 books* for each room
    Rooms 6-7: 50 regular items, 50 building blocks, 150 books* for each room
    Room 8: 100 regular items, 100 building blocks, 200 books* for each room
    Area 1: Open area. Must stay within assigned item limit or beg others for some of their item count.
    This way we get to know each other :D
    Breakouts: Must stay within assigned item limit or beg others for some of their item count.

* Not all books count towards book count. If they don't count towards the book item count then they fall into regular item count. Player-made books are book count ones. To find out if the book you are using is regular or book count, look at item count on housing window, place book, reopen housing window to refresh, if item count goes up it doesn't count towards the invisible book count.

Dhalgar House
    The Dhalgar house has a maximum item count of 1200 regular items, 1200 building blocks and 2000 books. The house is split into 6 rooms and only 6 people assigned. Each person gets 200 regular items, 200 building blocks and 400 books. Here is how house is split...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Stormhold House
    Stormhold cannot have the Kromzek Keep or Dhalgar as a house. So, Niboota really likes all the prestige houses (so nobody has to worry about rent) but if she had to pick her top 3 picks would be Personal Grotto, Maj'dul Astronomer's Tower, and Personal Planetarium. So any individual or team that wants to decorate a house for her on Stormhold has to speak up which house they are willing to decorate. Please post here with which house is desired on Stormhold. My character Building will not be able to provide any of the house items that the other servers will contain. But those items could be donated by someone that wants to help with them. Once house is decided I can post a map spliting the house into sections if there is more than one individual/team interested in decorating it.

Ways to Help
    • Antonia Bayle: Help transport items from Building's house to Niboota's
    • Any Server: Advertise in Homeshow channel to see forums about this challenge
    • Any Server: Donate non-crafted house items
    • Any Server: Craft house items (Carpenter or other such as Sage)
    • Any Server: Donate rares or holiday mats
    • Any Server: Donate plat
    • Any Server: Donate writing skills for player-made books
    • Any Server: Decorate as an individual or a team
    • Any Server: Help give ideas to the decorators asking for help
    • Any Server: Help dress mannequins and/or house actors
    • Any Server: Help position house item(s) with Layout Editor to decorators in need of help
    • Any other way that you can think of that I missed
    Sign-Up / Access
    Even if you have offered to help in the other post, please post here as well. Any character listed (including non-decorators) will be granted access to appropriate house asap. If you will be on multiple servers, please list all characters wanting access. If you are working as a team, please come up with a team name . If someone else is assigned an area, please contact them to see if they will team up. If want to decorate but no area is available, please be sure to post asap so we can possibly add more house(s). Please provide the following information:

Decorator Name: Character name or Forum name
    Volunteering for: List all ways available to help
    How to contact: If appicable
    Team Name: If appicable
    Desired Area to Decorate: ServerName, HouseName, AreaName
    Character(s): ServerName.CharacterName

If you have any questions or I missed something, etc., please be sure to post here to let me know or contact in private conversation or mail Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah. I will try to check forums and mail at least once a day.
    Thanks everyone! Oaky :)
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

July 2017? Oh, I can fit time in my schedule for that! I'm only booked till Christmas. Has it been decided which room in the Kromzek Keep will serve which purpose? I have a number of rarer items on AB, so if someone needs something specific, chances are that I either have it or know someone who does.

Also, sure I'd be willing to get together with a team for a Stormhold house. I'm fine with any one of the ones listed.

Decorator Name: Boglily
    Volunteering for: Layout editing fixes, making or buying furniture, decorating, and plat (on Antonia Bayle)
    Layout editing fixes, making furniture, and decorating (on Stormhold)
    How to contact: in-game mail or lilyhopsaong@gmail.com
    Team Name: Willing to join a team if wanted or needed
    Desired Area to Decorate: Antonia Bayle, Room 8 or Stormhold, one or the other
    Character: Antonia_Bayle.Boglily (for Antonia Bayle)
    Stormhold.Boglily (for Stormhold)
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

Skyfire
    Guinvere
    ceyllynn@rogers.com
    happy to join a team
    skyfire: I'm a krom addict so any room makes me happy, but I really love that glacier room at the very, very top or area 1, room 8, room 7...

assigned room 7... will be an indoor park with waterfeature.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Decorator Name: Character is Arynel on AB, forum is Avahlynn
    Volunteering for: carpenter, pretty good amount of status and faction, decorating
    How to contact: pm here is easiest
    Team Name: no team yet but I'd love to join one!
    Desired Area to Decorate: AB, and any room is fine, so is helping gather stuff for other folks rooms.
    Character: AntoniaBayle.Arynel

I know Cynara wants to do this, too. She's a whiz at the editor And the numberish stuff. :) I'll direct her to this thread.
  5. Cynara Well-Known Member

Decorator Name: Melyshia on AB, Cynara on forums
    Volunteering for: carpenter, making 90 degree corners, lining things up nicely, whatever Avahlyn needs me to do.
    How to contact: pm here
    Team Name: none, but request being on my sis's team *points to post above*
    Desired Area to Decorate: AB, same as Avahlynn
    Character: AntoniaBayle.Melyshia
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

This is so awesome!

I had to make one correction to above details...
    Public Test: Donate crafted 100 slot Dimensional Pocket Expander (ADDED)
    I forgot this cuz I was being distracted. So 3 servers either expander was too expensive (930 plat) or none were on the broker.

Boglily: Will reserve room 8 of the Kromzek for a little while until we know for sure if there are people on stormhold wanting to do one of the houses as a team (since you are busy until Christmas anyway). I will give you access to the AB Kromzek tonight tho.

Guinvere: I will assign room 7 to you and if you want to go into area 1 or breakout because you use room 7 item count or there is extra you can do so. I won't have teleporters until the 1st on Skyfire but if you wanted to use your own then you can place after you have access to Skyfire Kromzek.

Team DVC: (Daemora, Vasciagio, and Ceyarrecks) will be using room 6 as a facade with a house teleporter to a Ethernere Enclave. I will get Ceyarrecks access to the AB Kromzek and to Niboota's actual Ethernere Enclave tonight after a couple items are moved out. Will give access to Maj'Dul Kromzek to Daemora, Vasciagio, and Ceyarrecks tonight as well.

Avalynn and Cynara: Since you will be working as a team, how about room 2 (since there are 2 of you lol). If you want different one let me know asap. I will give Arynel and Melyshia access to the AB Kromzek tonight.

Note: If anyone or a team want to do what Team DVC are doing, they might have a space for your teleporter as well. Just need to contact me to let me know how it will be handled.
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

We have no problem sharing the space with others as a portal hub to other homes. We will be limiting how many items we use in there, so that others can have access to most of our item count. The Ethernere Enclave will be our main focus. :)
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

For the homes, do we want to decide which room is what, in terms of basic functionality so we all don't do kitchens or bedrooms, etc?
    Merriel, Katz, Ocarinah and 1 other person like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Decorator Name: Alynaryne (Katz on forum)
    Volunteering for: Making furniture including furniture from holiday materials, sage made books, providing loyalty token items, decorating, help dress mannequins and actors, and plat (Halls of Fate). I'm an amateur with the layout editor so I'm no help there.
    How to contact: in-game mail or private message here
    Team Name: I don't have a team yet but I would love to work with one or more people on Halls of Fate
    Desired Area to Decorate: I have no preference yet
    Character: Halls of Fate.Alynaryne, Halls of Fate.Lithilie
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Decorator Name: Uwkete-of-Crushbone on the forums ;->
    Volunteering for: my level 100 Carpy gals (and a level 91 on Thurgadin!) on Halls of Fate and Test can do just about anything that doesn't require lots of different faction. They got where they are by doing writs, primarily. We have lots of holiday materials, though, and a Sage on Test that could make Expanders (Sages make Expanders, right?), once I get him the book for that. ;->
    Plus, I'll be working on getting my Maj'Dul and Antonia Bayle Carpies up to at least the 90s; see below.
    How to contact:
    I used to have a Facebook page just for Uwk, but the rat buggers made me kill it (or at least, it isn't working right now). :(
    Definitely available right now via in-game mail:
    Abrahm: Test.Abrahm
    Ratta: Thurgadin.Ratta
    Spiritmaker: Test.Spiritmaker
    Vdova: Halls of Fate.Vdova
    Can also leave a message for Uwk here on the Forums... ;->
    I'm also working on getting my Antonia Bayle Carpy (Antonia Bayle.Hyndla) and my Maj'Dul Carpy (Maj'Dul.Pirupoika) up to at least the 90s by the time we need to worry about the deadline. Hopefully way before then. ;)
    Team Name: If applicable -- if we run out of spots to decorate and someone wants to team up, give me a shout! :)
    Desired Area to Decorate: if I get my AB and Maj'Dul Carpies up there in time, I'll holler. Until then, my best, most definite bets will be Halls of Fate, Test, and Thurgadin. As far as rooms/areas in the houses go, lemme know what's left! :) Consider me a flexible free agent, or at least a reasonably priced one. ;->
    Character:
    many (hey, this is me ;->)!
    Best bets currently:
    Halls of Fate.Vdova (level 100 Carpy)
    Test.Abrahm (level 88 Sage [can definitely make blank Books! :D])
    Test.Spiritmaker (level 100 Carpy)
    Thurgadin.Ratta (level 91 Carpy)

Uwk

11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was able to figure out a way to obtain the crafted expander on Thurgadin by just creating a level 1 character so they could access broker. I claimed a plat bag to get the money. If anyone on Thurgadin needs some plat I think I have about 490 plat left that I can donate.

I bought a bunch of chromatic essences on Halls of Fate and just now need someone to craft the expander. I asked in Homeshow and crafting channel but got no response. I will give it awhile before I break down and buy the uber expensive one on broker.

Niboota has said many times she would prefer to not have decorators limited on their creativity and doesn't care if hodge podge. If you wall want to decide to make it where each room has different functionality that is totally up to you guys if that is the route you decide to go. You can edit your post and say what the room functionality will be in case others want to pick something someone else didn't or you can send messages to others to decide who will do what.

Thank you for offering to help with the Expander situation. I looked for the rare the expanders take and none of them are on the broker. The expander is not on broker either. I sent Abrahm a mail message with recipe details. Please see mail message :)

If we run out of spots to decorate on the Kromzek house, then Niboota and I can figure out which house to open up for decorating. She did mention three prestige houses that could be used on Stormhold. Could pick one of those and have Stormhold and all the other servers work together to decorate that house. Just saying don't worry about Kromzek running out of spots.

Granted access to all of this characters:

Abrahm: Test.Abrahm
    Ratta: Thurgadin.Ratta
    Spiritmaker: Test.Spiritmaker
    Vdova: Halls of Fate.Vdova

Alynaryne (Katz on forum)
    Granted access to you yesterday and sent mail message. Maybe you and Uwk could team up and pick which room?

Guinvere/Cheallaigh
    Granted access to Cheallaigh yesterday and sent mail. Thank you so much for donating teleporters to the Skyfire Kromzek. As far as depots, it really is up to all of you to decide what to put into the houses. If you wanted to place harvest depot while working and remove before deadline, what works for you. I cannot provide depots to the houses because I am having hard time just getting crafted expanders on some and wouldn't have enough plat since the Building toons were basically touring toons. I saw you asking someone to group up with you and they were going to post but do not see it. If you want to edit your post to say whom you will be working with and then you can grant them access to the house. Otherwise, I will wait until they post here.

Yamantanka/Rósa
    I granted access yesterday (Yamantanka on Thurg and Rósa on Maj'Dul). I mailed Rósa bags. Not sure what other servers/characters you needed access and bags. Thank you for offering to put harvesting depot in Thurgadin Kromzek and then harvest on other servers if someone coughed up bags bigger than 4 slots.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ok cool. Cyn and I are going to make a library. Da Vinci's influence is about to enter Norrath via a rather large undertaking. *Smiles*
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Rred
    Thank you for donating a 200 marketplace expander on Skyfire and Isle of Refuge!

Faeonara
    Thank you for donating a bunch of plats for people to use on Skyfire. If anyone needs plats to buy things for their spot, please let me know.

Faeonara is willing to craft anything needed and every faction except the Order of Ryme.

Faeonara has two catalog homes on Skyfire in the Hall of Fames. Anyone is welcome to pop in just to look around and maybe see stuff that gives inspiration. One is Visible Carpenter Alt is Littlemiss mouse (doesn't have this expansion tho). Second is Events R Us which has all event recipes (except this year's). Both are TT homes, Carpenter one is Freeport side and Events is Qeynos side.
  14. Kokorobosoi Active Member

If anyone needs anything harvested/ carried to the Krom feel free to send an in game mail to thurgadin.yamantanka

I currently have 95+ toons on maj and thurg. If needed I can supply items on thurg, or pony up some plat on either maj or thurg. I can roll a low level on any other server to harvest or buy on broker if needed. Hubby has many of the one per char items and open slots on us server side so I can offer that as well
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll chat with Uwk (Halls of Fate.Vdova). Unless Uwk wants another room, how about room 5, if it isn't taken yet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

I can craft it! Lithilie is my sage on Halls of Fate. You already gave her access and sent her ingame mail.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Logging into Halls of Fate to send the chromatic essence to ya. Reserving Room 5 until I hear differently.

Going to update the map showing who is doing each room.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Update on room assignments (will edit above map as well).
    Please remember that there is the possibility to add another house to split up.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

Hi, the expander has been mailed to Building. You should have mail also requesting that a portal be placed in my portal house. It's a bit messy of a place so don't trip over anything. :p
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

Febrith - Thurgadin
    Everything
    Here or in game /who all Feb should do it
    Team Feb!
    Febrith/Febrimski/Febatrix (they have various different factions)

I have a crafted expander ready to go!