The new examine window is actually more confusing than the old one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, May 24, 2018.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

^^^ THIS ^^^
    Vandrago, Juraiya, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  2. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Discord seems to be the only tool they use to solicit feedback. Historically, this process has been limited to bugs and scripting problems.

The request for feedback on an implemented design decision seems to be a new thing - those kinds of topics have largely been off limits in the past and subject to the ban hammer.

It's good to see them embracing the wisdom of listening to customers, however, the game as a whole is so far degraded at this point I fear the examine window is the least of their problems.

Even if they can fix it, It's going to be a long summer full of repetitive grind for uninteresting things.
    Mindsway, Quillyne, Meneltel and 6 others like this.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Examine windows can be and will be adjusted to satisfy people, that's not such a big deal.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Look at what Feldon has changed over at EQ2U and copy that?
  5. Stach Well-Known Member

I really hope they are listening to the users on this one. We have seen this bait and switch many times, with this kind of thing then they just ignore the findings or hide it and say most people liked it, and move on.

But these are the things that made me stop playing, the only way I would come back now is if they took out Ascensions (which won't happen) and got rid of the stat bloat (won't happen).

But the game was fun at one time, and I had my enjoyment out of it then.
  6. Sounson Active Member

You stopped playing, but you know all about the new examine window that went into effect last week?
    [IMG]
    Juraiya and Revanu like this.
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

He doesn't need in depth first hand knowledge about the item window. There are plenty of credible players who have described it.

In any case, I believe he was speaking more to the new found openness to player feedback as it relates to the new examine window, and was just providing his feedback and providing personal feedback about other things that have Influenced his decision to stop buying the product.
    Tekka, Stach, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Item window is annoying, but it'll settle after a while. while I agree reforging is aggravating now. but I mean its not deal breaking
  9. knine Well-Known Member

yep it will settle as they are working on it, but there was no reason to change it this drastically at all.. combine green stats and be done.. problem solved.. but they went above and beyond and as usual no real QA was done and no feedback from players.. now they get feedback from players and I really don't think it was what they wanted to hear honestly...
    Tkia, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  10. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Totaly agree with all who are wanted the old Window back, the new one is messing up all relevenat stats sometimes Resolve right one time left,
    the Addornment stats are totlay crazy to make chaos perfect the old own was much better all Stats had thier fixed positions especialy in Riad were i need to do a decission very fast bet or no bet its chaos pure.

On the old one We had one look and all was clear and especial the most important Stats are clearly Resolve / Pot / CB / Deff or Off Gear.
    And for reforgeing now you need A Master in Cryptograpfie for find out were the Stats is you are wanted to reforge.
    Next big fail i cant see whats the base Stat after Reforgeing or How much infusions are boosted stats.

I recall my self i know but DB do you know the saying from the most IT Men " Never Touch a running Systhem " you should keep that in mind if trying to fix something, because in this case the something was fixed broken.

On the old one you took a look form Top to Botton of the Window and all was clear for Example the Line Hierloom / Lore ETC is supposed to be on ToP of the Window.

Helfiren
    Mizgamer62 and Rhodris like this.
  11. Kraumer New Member

There was nothing wrong with the old examine window. This is a perfect example of not to change something that it is working and instead work on things that are broken in the game.
    Vandrago, Quillyne, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

They need to learn the old adage "if its ain't broken, don't fix it!"
    Tkia, Lateana, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  13. knine Well-Known Member

AND fix things that are like Call of the Veteran.....
    Vandrago, Tkia, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Some people are just excited about "New and Improved" thinking it will be better. But most of us are content with "Old and Lousy" as long as it works fine. Not necessarily "What was good enough for Grampa is good enough for me" as in most people, if they see a need for an improvement and it will make their life better will accept it. Often, once we get used to the change, IF its a true improvement, will learn to accept it. So far, I have not seen any advantage with the new window over the old one. Perhaps there was a good internal reason for the change, but I wish they would communicate it to us... and not on Discord.
  15. Mindsway Well-Known Member

That's because they've banned all the rest there. It's become their echo chamber.
    Vandrago, Tkia, Juraiya and 5 others like this.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yep. The problem with Discord is that a great many people are reluctant to be honest or ask good questions for fear of being banned, and there have been a mountain of bannings.

This is probably ok if your goal is merely to have customers find bugs for you, but makes Discord worthless for harvesting useful information beyond that.

(By the way, this is not conjecture. Don't believe me? Send us an email with a survey soliciting our opinion about Discord as a feedback environment).

In any case, I don't think Development has particularly cared about player feedback outside of bugs (especially since about DoV on). And so games like WoW live on while eq2 continues its death spiral.

So sad, because this game used to be really, really good.
    Vandrago, Tkia, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Short story version:

Feedback environments that retaliate against participants are not reliable, useful, helpful, or credible.
    Mizgamer62, Tkia, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  18. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Constructive feedback:

- Put stats in same location for all items. This allows for easier stat comparison between two items.

- If possible, add in stat change summary if you replace an item. This would be the biggest QoL change for me. Being able to quickly see which stats would increase/decrease/stay the same saves a lot of time.

- Standardize the location of effects, reforging, and adornments for consistency and ease of comparison.
    Mizgamer62, Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Stach Well-Known Member

I don't play, I have one account that I forgot to turn off 1 year resub after the cheap year,
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450973782230

I logged in to talk to friends the other day and logged right off. I played to 110 at the start of the Expansion the stopped.
    And like everyone said, I was just commenting on the bait and switch of the way most things have been handled. I could care less what the window looks like as it does not matter to me.

But if you still enjoy the game, keep playing and having fun, I still want to play eq2 as it has been fun for many years, but now it is not anymore. and that's why I don't log in to play anymore
    Mizgamer62, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I personally don't like the way the stats have been consolidated into "Primary Attributes". It is dumbing down the game even further when every piece of gear has exactly the same level of attributes for STR/INT/AGI/WIS - so no longer is a piece of gear better for, say, a priest (with higher WIS) than for a mage (higher INT).

Not to mention now having to get to the bottom of the examine window to determine whether the piece can be put on the broker or not.