The new examine window is actually more confusing than the old one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, May 24, 2018.

1. knine Well-Known Member

They could've literally changed the green stats to the way they wanted and left the alignment the same with the blue stats being up and down, but again it's not how they wanted it, so did it anyway. They posted how it looked, or was going to look, well before the update and had some feedback on it, but as usual, we know where they fell.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

What an odd change. I'm yet to come across anyone that likes it.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Not when you have the examine window open (at least that's never how it worked for me). You had to hover over the item in it's equipped slot or in your bags to ctrl click for the dressing room.

With examine windows I don't recall holding ctrl doing anything, but holding alt used to open comparison. Now it shows altered stats and ctrol shows comparison. It's not 'bad', just inconvenient when I've been holding alt to compare for so long.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Wonder if it's a setting in Options somewhere? I get comparisons just by hovering over the icon on the exam window; I've never used Alt for that purpose.
    I'm pretty sure that I DO use CTRL-Enter on the exam window icon to see stuff in the dressing room, but now I'm going to have to check. :cool:
  5. Dannni Active Member

Agree, its terrible. Give us options to get rid of it
    Vandrago, Svenone, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mizri Active Member

I know two people who like it. Sadly, they don't play the game and have only made it almost unplayable over the last few years. Boggles the mind how they weren't two of the first let go with their horrible condescending attitude toward players. Only hint I'll give is one of them said the new window is here to stay.
    Svenone, Tkia, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

of course it's here to stay.. they decided it was the best way forward.. again they don't care about the player base.. I just noticed on the orange runes, where I used to be able to just right click examine and it would bring it up, I now have to hover over the icon on the examine window to see it.. what a waste of time building this, what a waste of time that we have to examine the examine.. and the blue stats being mixed up and in two rows is hot garbage... hopefully the person that took all the time to do this doesn't think it was an outstanding thing and if they got themselves a cookie... I hope it was burnt...
    Quillyne, Tkia, Meneltel and 2 others like this.
  8. Sounson Active Member

It is just terrible. Devs, just admit that it was a terrible implementation and fix it instead of puffing your chest and saying that it is here to stay. How stubborn.
    Vandrago, Juraiya, Mindsway and 9 others like this.
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

This. Is why I don't play anymore. It's no longer fun :/
  10. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

According to deleted? Dev Discord chat, this was a Dev project. Given to a brand new coder, who's sole project was to code the change.

Guess priority was given to a non-requested no income to Daybreak change, over something like say the money making, requested, seven months postponed, account to account transfer service. :(

Although the stats window change is not that bad ... but could use seven more months calibrating. :p
  11. knine Well-Known Member

The only thing good about it is the green stat consolidation. The rest is super bad and really annoying to even try to read it, and the examine of an examine window is just well... sad...
    GrunEQ likes this.
  12. Srai Member

The entire revamp was thoughtless and clearly done by someone who does not play the game.

Designation tags are in two different places now (Treasured, Fabled etc at the top and Attuneable, Heirloom etc at the bottom)
    Changing from +20 STR AGI WIS INT +20 STA to +20 Primary Attributes +20 Stamina not only doesn't save any space, it's more difficult to read at a glance. On top of that, the green stats don't even stay in the same place once you adorn.

Why, in a fairly old game, would you suddenly change the verbage of stats? Casting skills are now spell skills. Weapon skills are now offensive skills. Parry/Def/Deflection are now defensive skills, but does that include block chance, because block chance is also found as a blue stat?!

Seriously, all you had to do was allow blue stats to two columns and maybe reduce the descriptions of effects.
    Freakin good idea fairies, I tell ya
    Juraiya, Svenone, Quillyne and 7 others like this.
  13. knine Well-Known Member

Because they about to really blow up the game come next xpac with their "class balance" lol.. be afraid.. be very afraid...
    Mindsway, Tekka, Meneltel and 3 others like this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

so i have a question, on the tle i was trying to compare two pieces of armour... one says an AB mod and the other said 1.3 mit... so 1.3% or just 1.3? it's the lack of little details like this which is NOT an improvement.
    Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  15. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

When you make changes to how your customers interact with your product, it's best not to test first to see if they like it or dislike them, especially if you yourself actually don't use the product you are selling.

Then after you roll them out, if you get negative feedback, the best course is to stubbornly dubble down on your decision because unhappy/annoyed customers generate piles of sales revenue.

This has been a tried and true formula for success over the last 15 years or so.

People need to stop being unconstructive and get their priorities in order.
  16. Dolgrin Active Member

Meneltel likes this.
  17. Chillispike Active Member

Many numbers are missing the + and or % now.
    The effect mitigation increase is a % based value.
    Ability modifier is a plain value.
    Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i know that, but they shouldn't be missing, new players would have no clue.
    flameweaver, Rhodris, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  19. Dannni Active Member

+1... comparing gear is now harder. Isnt the idea of this to make things easier and simple? With some tweaking it could work but right now its been poorly implemented
    GrunEQ likes this.
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Visually new examine window looks better than the old one. Functionality it has been changed. So far I don't have problems looking stats of new items. I need to get used to it though, but that's ok.