The new examine window is actually more confusing than the old one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, May 24, 2018.

1. Daihlya New Member

Well, guess I'm the odd one then . I do LIKE the new examine window. :p
  2. Xellium Active Member

If the stats showed up in the same place on every item, including adornment stats then this would all be fine.
    Everyone is having a problem because the inspection window is not uniform.
    It's really hard to compare 2 items when the stats are everywhere.

I don't want to stare at an item for 3 minutes before I understand that its an upgrade or not.
    Put stats in the same place, every time, on every item and all (most) of the complaining goes away.
    NrthnStar5, Juraiya, GrunEQ and 8 others like this.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

The new examine window is, to put it bluntly, a huge, steaming, stinking pile of poo. Revert to the old one and (if you must) try again, only this time get the customers opinion FIRST and make sure you get it RIGHT before dishing out another pile of poo.

I can deal with the changes in the terms used, it will just take getting used to. However, when we get a new piece of gear to drop, we need to compare the stats to see if it is an upgrade (or not). To do this in a timely fashion, we need some consistency. The old examine window gave us that. This new one most emphatically DOES NOT.
    Vandrago, Juraiya, Cheallaigh and 2 others like this.
  4. Sounson Active Member

When you changed the "consider" function from the 3 ^^^ for a heroic to the wierd "}]}}}" whatever that is system, you gave the option to choose which you preferred in the Options Menu. Why so stubborn on this? Or are we just at that point in this relationship....
  5. knine Well-Known Member

This :)
  6. knine Well-Known Member

Visually it looks okay, but as I've mentioned and many other people why the big change. They could've combined green stats like they wanted and did and this is a plus, but the blue ones have no rhyme or reason to placement at all, and instead of me and everyone else having to open an examine window inside of an examine window why not leave it the same. Now to see an effect on an item I must click the drop-down to see it. I for one don't memorize all the effects in game. Too much time spent on this and not enough on other bugs in the game. Here's one for you.. Call of the Veteran, still yet to this day fails 50% of the time.. just saying...There is a reason this has 3 pages of posts and counting..
    Juraiya, Tkia, Cheallaigh and 4 others like this.
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Kinda suspect this new window has some kind of back-end dev utility, and users were not a concern.

Really, no other reasonable explanation for rolling this thing out like it is.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Most likely its https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Maybe they want to remove a lot of stats in the coming expansion and return to +dps +heal ratings instead? Thats the only way the new window makes any sense to me. Now thats easily compareable if they remove 5-10 blue stats..

Or maybe they can add this and keep it as it currently is:

[IMG]

So many ways to improve the new window and I hope they will at least acknowledge the current one has issues.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

If they even just put resolve and potency in a set position, that would address most of my problem. I ran zones all weekend and instead of getting used to the new window, it just keeps getting worse. The stats that I want to compare keep moving around without a rhyme or reason.
    Svenone, Gillymann, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Putting the stats every piece has at the top... and hence always in the same place... would, obviously, make too much sense....
    Tekka, Gillymann, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  12. Mindsway Well-Known Member

This has been a solution in search of a problem.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Stats from adornments are 1) appearing intermixed with the item stats, making comparison hard and 2) using the 'old' designations.. so green adorn is adding strength, wisdom, agility and intelligence rather then 'primary stats'
    Rhodris likes this.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

This and so much more.. Devs give us the option to go back to what we like.. or at least poll it and place the results here so the community has some input.
  15. Dabus New Member

The new examine window is trash!
    Vandrago likes this.
  16. Probe One Member

Management had a long talk with someone.

[IMG]
    Mindsway, Sigrdrifa, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that here.
    Sigrdrifa, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think his inbox will soon be full!
    Mindsway and Argosunited like this.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I wonder why he's "doing this here" on Discord, rather than here on the official (apparently) forums?
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'd say it's because the only people on discord are those that agree with pretty much everything they say and do. Just my opinion.
    Vandrago, Surgeon, Mindsway and 6 others like this.