The new examine window is actually more confusing than the old one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, May 24, 2018.

1. Svenone Well-Known Member

All blue stats on the left side, all yellow stats (adornments?) on the left side. More better! Shifting locations between gear = very bad. And copy EQ2i format for reforging (strikethrough the reforged stat, new stat in a different color, so that we know at a glance what we reforged from and to).
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Well.. looks like with some items, even with today's changes only 1 or 2 things are in the same place.

[IMG]

Although, reading the patch notes, it shouldn't be acting like this?
    Mindsway and Meneltel like this.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

weapons are different than charms and jewelry.. its all still mixed up and makes no sense what so ever.. a for effort, but again it's still just as hard to read if not harder... really wish you had just left this alone and fixed actual stuff broken like COV, etc...
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Thart Developer

There are some more changes I need to make w.r.t. adornments. What's the white adornment you've got equipped on the choker?

Thank you for posting, it's very helpful. :)
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Inyuyasha Member

From the picture it looks like it is the DPS adornment cant remember the name off the top of my head though... it does 32 dps
  6. Mysstie Well-Known Member

The White Adornment is 32% DPS. But, Crit, Crit Bonus, and Resolve are on different columns for example. Nothing seems to be in alphabetical order which the notes make mention of.
    Thart likes this.
  7. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's the green adornment stats that seem to be messing everything up as well. Maybe keep those separate?
  8. knine Well-Known Member

I’m not a coder but have friends who are. The code from the old window worked. CB was always in the same spot. It’s being thrown off because gear doesn’t have the same stats. Is as auto, dos, haste, etc. if you really want to make things stay the same then do green stats in the left column vertically and blue stats in the right vertically and put reforged stats Into parentheses like before. Green adorns can be added to the bottom. Your blue stats are going to continue to throw in the monkey wrench because they are not all the same on each piece of gear.
    Rosyposy and Meneltel like this.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

Can we change the examine window on masters to actually say what the spell does and not have to hover over the icon on the right hand corner of the examine window to see what it does... I like to be able to open them up and compare side by side.. I search for masters on different toons and this makes it very ANNOYING to say the least... can we consider doing this. .thanks..
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

resolve for gear is on the right and for jewelry its on the left.. can we get it to stay in one spot??
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Thart Developer

Hey knine, if you want to name/link some specific items for the masters and gear/jewelry issue I can look at them to make sure layout isn't borked. Apologies if that comes off lazy, it has just proven easiest to look at specific items so we're on the same page.

If the concern with gear and jewelry is their Resolve being in different columns because they don't have the same initial set of stats, then as you said in your early reply and I touched on in my initial reply to this thread, that's part of the tradeoff with the design so there aren't any tweaks I can really do to affect that exact aspect of layout.

For masters spell effects, if I'm understanding you correctly that sounds like something that we can't easily do at the moment. Regardless, I appreciate the feedback Thank you!
    Dude likes this.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

Figured out the masters... for some reason on my main PC it doesn't show the triangle dropdown even though it has the same exact updated UI as my second computer.. problem solved.. as far as the gear.. its all armor has resolve on the right hand column and then all jewelry has it on the right, which makes it really annoying to look on each side back and forth... I get it that there are buy-offs, but if it went with pot being first priority and resolve being second they would all be in the same spot since all gear has those two things on them, then adjust the rest of your stack for whatever..I'm trying to learn to like this "passion that the older devs wanted you to tackle", so trying to play nice :) All gear has POT and resolve on it, so suggest making those your two primary stacks and they should fall in the same spot no matter what then put the rest in category.. CB is only on non-armor pieces so you could always make it before the rest of the stats and it would always fall in a certain spot.. all the stats just have to be really compared to what is on what pieces..
  13. Seni Active Member

There are thousands of pieces of gear without potency or resolve. Not everyone is in the 100-110 level range.

Having 2 columns and flowing from one to the other is what it looked like it is doing in many cases, and those should be made static (or make 2 sets of columns - one where the stats are on a specific side, and another that can flow if necessary). If something has potency and then an adornment adds more, the adorned stat+ should be listed directly under the gear stat. It might be even better if there was an overall total in yellow then in parentheses list what contributed to the total. At the very least, just having them all together would make it easier to see at a glance.

Thank you for making the choice to show effects sticky. The fewer clicks needed on each piece to get to the info you need is much better from a UI, and gamer, perspective - and all info should be available on hover rather than having to open the examine window each time.

And thank you very much for taking everyone's suggestions into consideration!
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

. Everything you described is pretty much what the old window did lol. Except now the blue stats are mixed up
    Mizgamer62 and Mermut like this.