The New Ethereals

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koko Well-Known Member

Indeed. If accurate, I was incorrect earlier and I "want one". Time to break a game. =/
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ya the scout one is the only one left. Price was lowered to 450k. Considering the drop rate and the fact they will never again be in the game I think that's about what I would ask for it myself.
  3. Kander Developer

This is incorrect.

One thing I want to make clear, which I guess we did a poor job of communicating with everything else going on. These weapons and their effects are a prelude to what will be available in the Campansion. We will extend the current wave a week due to the issues we had at first and and then we may actually activate this wave again later.

But similar weapons with these effects will also be available in Campansion 12.
    Brenvia, Jrel, Ingerimm and 2 others like this.
  4. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Will the effects be fixed by this point?
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

That sounds familiar...
    Kander likes this.
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

Kander are there any plans to adjust the drop rates.

And is there any plans to balance out the scout and mage weapons. Because a scout randomly having a CA hit for double the amount is no where near as good as a mage group randomly getting double or quadruple cast for everyone in the group. Which goes up for each mage in the group with the ethereal.
  7. Doomey Active Member

you are comparing a scout ranged vs a mage 1 hander. i would probably wait til scout 1 handers come out and compare those.
  8. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Honestly, I could care less about balancing weapons. Would just be happy to see one drop. Still sporting a goose egg on any ethereal dropping.

And, getting to loathe the word "ornate" :)
  9. Tru of Guk Member

10. konofo Active Member

There's no reason for the mage primary weapon to be balanced against the scout ranged weapon.

By the end of the summer, there will be three weapons for each class. We don't know the full details of every proc yet. Perhaps it will turn out that all of the ranged weapons have (relatively) weaker effects by design. Maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

kono
    ZUES likes this.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Drop issues aside it can be seen as another 'tier', this is pretty much how it would be done without adding 5-10 more levels or more prestige/AA's. Personally I would prefer it this way, especially if more content gets bumped to level 100 through fabled stuff. The next part I would like to see is to some how tie together all level 100 content so even AoM stuff is relevant to run years from now even if its for a smaller amount of special currency (compared to newer/harder content).
  12. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I dunno what's worse. An ornate or an exquisite with a leathery egg in it. At least with the ornate you know right away....
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather have 200k+ sitting in the bank for next Campansion when they become the norm than using one of these, if I ever win one. Gotta see one first!
    Belenos likes this.
  14. Wards Member

cheers im going back to bed since seems not worth farmin stuff
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm all for item based progression... but I really dislike what "all skill refresh" does to a game.

i.e. encounters are cooldown based, you can "plan" a fight. Certain exceptions aside (LOL @ beastlords), encounters are easily replicated (the rate group/raid EncDPS varies with "luck" is very small). However now survivability can rely on a proc, which is... annoying. I dislike that, and I wish it weren't in the game.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I mind don't the new weapons effects at all. We are going to losing procs off jewelry, so we're not really going to know how this plays out until we can actually see it all: armor, accessories, weapons, encounter designs, all of it.

I like the idea.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If they design fights to do that it would but it would actually be harder to design a fight as both 'reliably' killable and forcing players to take full advantage of such procs. Its more likely they will be treated as a 'bonus' opposed to a requirement. Its really just another boost in a gear check, in the end fights can either be laid to waste with nuke level DPS (Ritualist, Inquisitor) or they are stopped hard with mechanics (Virtuoso, Justice~, Construct).

Although I can easily see groups/raid forces going into content with a less than proper make-up or knowledge of encounters and then complaining the only way they have a chance to kill something is with the constant aid of such procs.
    Jrel and Koko like this.
  18. ZUES Well-Known Member

So much more they could do with damage rating. Too simple, I know.
    Koko likes this.
  19. Koko Well-Known Member

Very likely the given scenario, but it leads to interesting questions. Such as "if this proc is never useful ... why do I run it?". Resetting AE blockers is really powerful, but if it cannot be done reliably (and consistently) it is a paradigm for failure. The same can be said for any other "powerful" effect.

The item is fundamentally flawed. Either they are gamebreaking overpowered as they allow compositions that couldn't exist without them to be viable, or they do nothing. There isn't a middle ground for such an effect, damage prevention isn't the same as damage output.

t;dr item is either overpowered or worthless, either way I dislike it.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

It appears they HAVE increased the drop rates......

Of ornate chests.

That's all i've seen on end bosses.
    Ingerimm and Breta like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.