The New Ethereals

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZUES Well-Known Member

So, at 11:43am yesterday one was discoed on Oasis.
    \aITEM 943185275 1124137207:Fai Thass, The Ravager\/a

So I checked EQ2Wire today and that's still the only ethereal that dropped in the first 48 hours of this event (since the servers came back up). WTF Daybreak? You gonna give us these weapons or not?

Link: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/latest_discoveries
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If every uber thing drops instantly what would you have to look forward to? The point is AN-TICI.... PATION!

Wintir likes this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

One ethereal, one server, thousands of players. As I type this people are out there blowing up zones they would not normally be doing; in hopes of finding an ethereal drop. Players are investing time in this already because one dropped and we know it went live. I highly doubt this is what the devs had in mind when they said "similar drop rate to last years ethereal".
  5. Kham Active Member

if they want the same drop rate as last year, im assuming now they need to multiply what they have by 6, as the chances were per individual upon quest completion.
  6. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Did they activate the ethereal to start dropping or did just one happen to escape into the world by mistake? Seeing just one drop in all the servers and no more yet to be found is kind of sketchy.

Either it was a mistake or drop rates seem to be very off.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

Not sure. The devs are prolly firing up their BBQs and forgot all about it. : (
  8. Kham Active Member

so, 1 whole ethereal drop across every server in over 40 hours?
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Working as intended.
  10. Liou_Unrest Active Member

I know they mentioned they were rolling them out in "waves" -- correct me if im wrong...

It's possible that there's only one out right now in the loot tables. Wonder if we can get any official word on this. And as far as I know, they haven't even given OFFICIAL word that the ethereals are live -- did they?
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

"And later in the summer, we’ll see more Ethereal weapon drops."
    Which event? Surely not the New Halas City Event. I don't see any other event listed.
  12. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

So yeah if this is going the be their droprate its kind of disheartening :(
  13. Doomey Active Member

Today we release a new Rumrunner home with a décor set for our decorators, a store version of the Zeppelin mount for anyone that likes to float about in style, and new Summer Ethereal items will start dropping in Altar of Malice heroic zones (including Rum Cellar) for our adventurers.- taken from the same thing you quoted that from.
    ZUES likes this.
  14. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm just in awe right now. It's Sunday at 12:30pm and still no ethereals other than the one that dropped on Oasis. Words can't express my disappointment.
  15. Karagon Active Member

Chances are nearly zero... Why introduce it with taht chances? Can they be dropping 1 per 20 zones at least please?
  16. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thanks for that mention. I read 'will' as future tense and figured it was part of the 'later in the summer more ethereals...' section. Also the OP mentioned an event and as no announce for Summer Ethereals has been evident like the Hoopla last year.

My read on the situation?
    1. Some Dev messed up and sent an ethereal live by mistake
    2. Posts from Holly and Roshen need some editing before publishing from a third/fourth person
    3. As Sig implied the devs are making it a little more difficult for the ubers to find uber stuff

NOTE: I see they pulled the same act last year; announce as a future event item in the stream and then, oh gosh, say they are in game in Twitter. I hope the OP gets a Summer Ethereal this weekend.
    Wintir likes this.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

Event -

noun
    1. Something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence,especially one of some importance.

Thank you.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

/quote
    I know they mentioned they were rolling them out in "waves" -- correct me if im wrong...

It's possible that there's only one out right now in the loot tables. Wonder if we can get any official word on this. And as far as I know, they haven't even given OFFICIAL word that the ethereals are live -- did they?
    Liou_Unrest, Yesterday at 10:58 PM R
    /end quote
  19. Margaritas Active Member

Normally I wouldn't jump on the drop rate complain bandwagon so soon, but wow in-game morale is very low over this. :(

I know it's only been 3 days, but it's turned from excitement to "I'm not running zones anymore to fight the impossible" from many different friends.
  20. Entropy Well-Known Member

Note that a 2nd bow dropped today on Oasis. Conspiracy theory about a single bugged drop debunked.

Happy hunting, folks. :)

(NEW TINFOIL: Just Oasis so far?! Shenanigans!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.