The Forge Golem: Maldurs x4

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vondis, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veta Well-Known Member

You are the only one to report getting a forge golem spawn off of Graybeard and no one else was able to reproduce it, so I kind of did not pay any mind to it, because it was stated at that point the mechanics were broken anyways. We have been killing Graybeard since the ring was updated in order to get the other faction to buy the ring. Also, yesterday, we flawlessed every mob, including Graybeard, and did not get a spawn. So far we have not had a spawn during either time frames.
  2. Arco Active Member

The mechanics were found to be broken when we brought everything out in the open by describing exactly what occurred in our zone to spawn the golem. Mechanics have been broken since the expac launched. You said that no one had reported spawning it off Graybeard, which is false... as I clearly stated in this thread that we did.

Also, our flawless on Graybeard did not occur until everyone in the raid had 40k+ faction. At the time we posted about all of this, the guilds that were saying it can't spawn off of Graybeard, were also guilds that did not have the flawless achievement for Graybeard.

Your flawless was after the update to the zone, so based on what you've said, Graybeard's flawless check is not working as intended. That's all that matters at this point.
  3. morath Member

The do-overs we had to do on mobs last night were due to the script lagging out, absurd dps spikes that triggered script fails (thanks fervor myth), or scripts bugging out and not executing at all for some people. The flawless achievement itself isn't difficult.. we actually had to dumb down (therefore slow down) the raiding last night to achieve it to make up for lack of server performance while we stopped dps completely and waited for the mobs scripts to finally execute. Hell 2 guilds completed the flawless and the damn mob didn't even spawn for them. And optional isn't optional when the mob contains best in slot loot. So back to my original point its tedious, annoying, and wasted our time - not challenging nor requiring effort. It would make more sense to change it that it spawns all the time after the guild has been flagged for all the flawless achievements on each encounter at least once.
    Taiyla likes this.
  4. Mohondas New Member

[Wed Mar 02 00:16:03 2016] Driftor has killed Captain Graybeard.
    [Wed Mar 02 00:16:03 2016] Due to your flawless accomplishments, a massive roar of flames comes echoing from the forge room...
    [Wed Mar 02 01:00:38 2016] Jayfive has killed The Forge Golem.
  5. Vasco Active Member

So intercept is still unreliable. Fire it off within now the gigantic window period, only to have the priest shot 2 seconds later.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

I can confirm too. Random 1 shots after intercepts had landed well within time limit.
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Worked for us this time. :)
  8. Vasco Active Member

There's enough dps now for a full raid to wreck sureshot before it even fire off its mechanic. For shorthandended raid, it's almost impossible to get flawless, unless they ninja a fix in recently.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Captains are pretty horrifically broken at the moment.

Intercept is unreliable as hell, no matter what you do/try. Perhaps it is an EU server thing, but it's beyond a joke.

Even trying to kill sure shot before it casts is ridiculous due to the sheer lag on EU servers.

If the mechanic is that broken on Intercept, can we just change it to something far more reliable so we dont have to have more raids of broken mobs? Healer who gets picked move 20m away, job done.

Thanks,
    Errrorr

Pissed off Raidleader.
    Natinaf likes this.
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

I can also confirm that since the change to the intercept mechanic my tanks (who had it mostly figured out on a non laggy night) are reporting the intercept mechanic is NOT working as intended. While the intercept is landing, it seems to be falling off before the check for sureshot is done. Eaten by damage? While I know it was not intended this was the mechanic, could this have somehow slipped in when the adjustment was made to give more reaction time??
  11. duckster Active Member

When was the hotfix meant to be going in for the captains anyway?
  12. Rougez Active Member

Pretty sure Gninja mentioned it was in the upcoming patch. So hopefully tomorrow.
  13. Gninja Developer

Fix for the sureshots should be in today's update. Let me know how it behaves.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Chances of it applying to previously open timers?
  15. Gninja Developer

The sureshot change should take effect right away in old and new zones.
    Neiloch and Errrorr like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Encounter is far better now, and you can ignore my rant further above even more so.

Does Forge Golem have more than 2 new pieces of loot? Or just the neck/ear discoed so far.
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Gninja Developer

I believe its just the two new items.
  18. Genghes Active Member

19. Vasco Active Member

Anyway to add neck to the set bonus?
    Jrel likes this.
  20. Twisty Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.