The Forge Golem: Maldurs x4

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vondis, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gninja Developer

There is a chance you could lose the boss if he is left up, probably.
    Mogrim likes this.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Once again, many thanks. :)
  3. Meshuggahx Member

So you need 1 of the lesser nameds and 1 captain to spawn the golem or flawless all (but kyrus) to spawn it?
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

5. Meshuggahx Member

Oh this gonna be fun with our server lag..
  6. Vasco Active Member

They did say they increased the reaction time allowed for for intercept. I am not sure if that's the whole problem though. I've had at time intercept a priest really early, but only to get the piercing through the head a second later.
  7. Cleitus Member

The idea of being rewarded for flawless kills is fine, but I am not looking forward to having to intentially wipe raids if one person messes up a script or one random death occurs. Thats not going to be fun at all and could be a big time sink. I guess it depends on the whether the new loot from golem will effectively make spawning him mandatory for every farming run. I enjoy striving for flawless kills but making it a requirement will probably just make the zone less fun to run and add a source of frustration.
    Diaochan likes this.
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

Well, it's a variation on the one-shot mechanic where you're rewarded with an extra mob. Overall, I like the idea of there being bonus mobs at times.

I just think that there was absolutely no need for the massive secrecy around this spawning mechanism. If it had launched with "Bonus mob awaits skilled adventurers that demonstate consistently flawless performance in Maldura!", I think people would have reacted to it a lot better than the jumbled mess we had up until now.
  9. morath Member

Gratz on giving people yet another reason to quit raiding. Extending the time needed to raid existing cleared content due to stupid deaths or lag or random **** like the bubble not giving the buff to the bard that spawned it to spawn a mob.... seriously... /yawn People are going to find better things to do with their time. Recruiting is hard enough as it is. Bring back the fun. It's one thing to make something challenging.. Tedious and annoying is not challenging.
  10. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Cleared entire zone flawless. Golem didn't spawn. You can check my logs.
  11. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Every single named was killed tonight, as well.
  12. Faelen Active Member

Was it a zone timer set prior to or after the patch?
  13. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Well, as usual, this looks to be broken and Forge Golem isn't spawning for anyone.

My guild and I just flawless every encounter in the zone, here's the evidence:

[IMG]

Only one not on the picture is Bereth Mathias, which we already have completed the Flawless achievement on this fight and do it on a constant basis due to how simple the fight is, yet it didn't give us a Flawless Achievement to a new character we brought in to the raid. Even if we didn't get the achievement, we had zero deaths on the encounter.

After killing Captains, Forge Golem didn't spawn at all. No message and we double checked his Forge room. Nothing.

Thanks Obama.
  14. Jontom New Member

Well I see that The Covenant got the new achievement tonight so it must be working. Gratz Covenant
  15. Serik Active Member

AFAIK they had the forge golem up on an old zone prior to the patch.

EDIT: Something seems to be off with Bereth. The encounter was different post patch.
  16. Jontom New Member

They killed it twice tonight and the second was a flawless
  17. Dotuming Active Member

Correct. We also had that same strange occurrence on Bereth. Not sure what would be different in our kills to not give you folks the forge golem spawn. We had a new person that did in fact get the achievement is the only thing I can think of.

Edit: We did not see any of the new loot off the Golem.
  18. Veta Well-Known Member

Did you all kill Graybeard too? Graybeard, pre-patch, was the only one known to not ever have a report of spawning the golem. It seemed to be only Ashenfell with a, somewhat seemingly, 100% spawn rate. Everytime we killed Ashenfell we got one, Greybeard we did not. I'd like to think that whatever was causing Greybeard to not spawn the forge golem is still in effect.

Edit: After looking at Kaaria's post, I see you all killed Graybeard too.

The new loot is probably on a bonus loot table and not a guaranteed drop. Judging from a previous post saying there would be other ways to obtain the captain merchant ring, I am guessing it is going to drop off the forge golem. If true, I could see why it is not a guaranteed drop, because it would make the merchant useless and the ring, itself, is incredibly strong.
  19. Arco Active Member

Guess you missed a few of my posts a few pages ago, where I stated my guild got the Forge Golem to spawn off of Graybeard, when we got the flawless achievement.

The bug was often causing some names to get credit for flawlesses when they didn't get a flawless... maybe the opposite is true for Graybeard and isn't always rewarding the flawless?
  20. Raenius Well-Known Member

This mob is optional, doing a flawless-kill is optional - if optional things kill your lust for the game then just don`t do it.
    It is understandable you want it all, but without effort you will not get it - this mentality really grinds my gears.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.