The Forge Golem: Maldurs x4

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vondis, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oranges Member

It's impossible to not die to the trash since no one bothers to pop AE blockers on the trash pulls.
  2. Vondis Member

Please feel free to post a screenshot of your message that you receive from killing him. This is the message we got when it finally spawned for us. Not saying this is the only way, but this was the first time he spawned, as well as the first time we got a flawless the captains.
  3. Kiry Active Member

I afk for trash for sanity purposes, same ppl die regardless if I am there or not (thanks non-wardable damage), so yeah it's not related to ppl not dying to trash rofl.
  4. Dotuming Active Member

After a bit of log surfing, I would surmise that a flawless boss kill(any) in the zone will result in him spawning.
  5. Vasco Active Member

There must be other factors taken into account as we've had multiple flawless per run before and he did spawn on those clear.
  6. Eeevaa Member

Love how a SS is posted of the message and Rev. is vehemently denying the message. LOL, that is the worst. How about working cohesively to better improve the game instead of being elietest a$$hats
  7. Neiloch Well-Known Member

How are we being elitist? By saying the idea of a flawless kill spawning forge golem doesn't sync up with our experience with getting it to spawn? Yes its super elitist of me to outline us not getting flawless kills when the forge golem has still spawned. I didn't realize mentioning people dropping dead from trash AoE and random dunce maneuvers was me being a braggart.
    I guess these people are being 'elitist' as well lol

Flawless Captain kills doesn't sync up with our experiences either unless sureshots killing the priests don't 'count' as deaths which I suppose is possible.
  8. Sylke Well-Known Member

You don't understand, Neil. Anything posted by a Rev person is immediately elitist!
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Arco Active Member

Firstly, no one said anything about getting a flawless for the whole zone.... That screenshot is just the message that was given for a flawless on Graybeard.

There could be multiple messages for successfully spawning the golem... Every time it spawns, there is a message....

If someone has a different message, how about stating so instead... Saying stuff like "no way is that how it spawn" or whatever is irrelevant, as that IS the message that was given for a successful golem spawning...

For a pretty mediocre loot table, I don't really understand why we need to have so much secrecy or fight against each other so much...
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Now i understand, you wrongly assumed it was a personal attack. I was disputing the accuracy of the message itself suggesting it had to do with flawless kills. I was not disputing that you got that message. Not once. Even if we got the same message ourselves my reaction would have been 100% the same.
  11. oranges Member

Looking through a bunch of eq2us of people in guilds that have killed the Forge Golem show they do not have the achievements for getting a flawless kill on either of the captains, which confuses me unless his spawning mechanic was changed.
  12. Arco Active Member

Fact still is that the zone has been cleared in an identical manner, with the only difference being a flawless on Graybeard.

Maybe Ashenfell doesn't require flawless, and requires something else done in the zone to trigger the golem...?

Can anyone provide logs that show a different message than the message that was posted mentioning the flawless achievement?
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Flawless kill on Captain Graybeard, no message either way. No Forge Golem. Of course IIRC we have never got golem to spawn off Graybeard kill.

Well Flawless according to ACT/observation, apparently we didnt get the achievement even though no players died except a ro pet.
    Sylke likes this.
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

Received same message upon killing Ashenfell. Only flawless kill in zone run according to my logs was Bereth...
    First time killing a Captain and I guarantee ya it wasn't flawless!
    Neiloch and Eeevaa like this.
  15. Eeevaa Member

so seems that there are some people that actually care to help out others that are having an issue spawning the golem by providing the necessary info. like how they do it and the message. hooray for the helpful, /cheers Vondis and Arco and Arieva!!
  16. Gninja Developer

So yes, there seems to be an issue with his spawning, but it is in your favor. He is sometimes spawning when he shouldn't. We are looking into it and will be fixing it as well as adding cool new items to his loot table for when its fixed. Keep an eye on the patch notes.
    Neiloch likes this.
  17. Eeevaa Member

so what youre saying is that some people were exploiting the spawning mechanics and not doing it correctly?
  18. Gninja Developer

There was no exploit involved. There was a bug with the flawless check used to determine if the kills were flawless or not where it would, at times assign false positives.
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Arco Active Member

Makes sense now...
    This is where the "special mob" people think is involved with spawning the golem... The "flawless" check for Ashenfell sounds to be tied to the wrong mob number in the zone.

People haven't been getting it to spawn off Graybeard because the flawless check sounds to be working as intended... but when u kill Ashenfell, Im guessing it's checking the flawless on the wrong mob.

It's hard to call an exploit for something people are assuming how the mechanic to spawn the mob is intended to work. If people never shared their spawn messages and how they got it to spawn, who knows how long people would have continued to believe in how it's supposed to spawn...
  20. Gninja Developer

Its not even that simple. It had nothing to do with which captain you killed it was happening on every boss.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.